Will the parks really be dead at the end of August?

yaksplat

Original Poster
Every year my family heads to WDW at the end of august. Usually the trackers paint pictures of crowds in the 4-6 range with most of the country back at school. But this year, everything is coming up 1-3. Is this really feasible? Would the opening of SWL a couple days later make people delay their trips?

I've just never seen crowd predictions this low.

eliza61nyc

20180831_155411.jpg
20180831_155317.jpg
20180831_143119.jpg
20180831_155411.jpg

These were from our trip last year 9/2018. This was about 1 pm on our magic kingdom day. Nothing at mk except mine train ride was more than 30 minutes

drizgirl

View attachment 391639View attachment 391640View attachment 391641View attachment 391639

These were from our trip last year 9/2018. This was about 1 pm on our magic kingdom day. Nothing at mk except mine train ride was more than 30 minutes
Early September has always been a great time to go. With schools in the Northeast starting right after Labor Day, most are unwilling to take kids out in the early days, so crowds are down. That might be different a week or two earlier before school actually starts. And of course it might all be different this year depending on the impact of SWGE opening in late August.

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
Every year my family heads to WDW at the end of august. Usually the trackers paint pictures of crowds in the 4-6 range with most of the country back at school. But this year, everything is coming up 1-3. Is this really feasible? Would the opening of SWL a couple days later make people delay their trips?

I will be beyond excited if this is the case, because we will be down at the end of August as well. I’m not holding my breath or anything, but it would be very cool if it winds up being that quiet while we’re there!

UKDisney Dave

The entire of the UK is there the last week in August. Plus you're brushing up against Labor Day. I'd say 50/50

I wouldn’t say that! A lot of the UK head on their holidays the first half of the school break, which traditionally runs mid July to first week of September. There will be some UK visitors, but many will be there earlier in the summer.

In addition the poor performance of the £ and brexit concerns have slowed holiday bookings across most travel agents In the UK, so even less visitors heading out. Looks like a bumper year for “staycations” in the UK.

DisneyGigi

It’s always slower but 2016 and 2017 the crowds were a bit higher. We go that time of year every year since 2007. Last year felt more like old 07 08 low crowds. Will be there again this year so fingers crossed it will be low!

Goofyernmost

I think its a combination of "things". Prices may play into the equation. If its like this in Nov and Dec. Then they've got something to worry about.
Well, considering that most people in the US take their vacations in the summer when the kids are out of school, I would think they would have more to worry about right now then in Nov. or Dec., but that is just my opinion.

mdcpr

Well, considering that most people in the US take their vacations in the summer when the kids are out of school, I would think they would have more to worry about right now then in Nov. or Dec., but that is just my opinion.
Going in November, crossing my fingers that crowds will be less than usual.

Tank Man

I think the predictions might be because if the fact that SWGE won’t be fully open yet. Also school might play a role but I believe it is because of one thing,
pass holders.
DLR has had that and that is why the low attendance and is that the same for WDW, correct me but are the pass holders blocked out during August if that has anything to do with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom