The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Blurg. Many changes to Be Our Guest lunch menu. Reviews not good. Be aware.
Thanks. I have a reservation there on Labor Day. I'm keeping it. Their french onion soup is still on the menu, and that's what I really want. Plus, we haven't eaten there since the switch to the new dinner menu and I really want the ambiance.

I don't have TS reservations for my last three days, so I'm looking forward to the down time at BOG.

wdwfan4ver

Well we went from 91 to now 72 degrees. That drop created some huge storms, it was really bad about 30 minutes north of us where my sister and her family live. Weather guy said it was 80 Mille an hour winds, lots of trees down, builds damaged, power lines down and such. Luckily my sis didn’t have any major damage but some of her neighbors did. There are reports of some possible tornadoes. More storms are possible tonight. That quick drop in temperatures can be so dangerous. 😕
That drop happened this afternoon for me. Thunderstorm started by 2 in the afternoon and the temperatures are now down to 70 from being around 90 at noon. The way I look at it, I'm sure the fairs and outdoor events that are happening in Wisconsin this weekend are not happy with the weather.

FutureCEO

Temperature outside at 2:30 PM: 95. and "feels like" temperature is 111 ??!!!! :jawdrop:

No long walks for Jack today -- we were concerned that his paws might get singed on the hot concrete outdoors. Plus, he looked out the front door, paused, turned around and went back to his bed for another nap. :hilarious:

it's only 93 here. I went to my parents central air 🤣. Earlier in the week, it was supposed to be 99.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Temperature outside at 2:30 PM: 95. and "feels like" temperature is 111 ??!!!! :jawdrop:

No long walks for Jack today -- we were concerned that his paws might get singed on the hot concrete outdoors. Plus, he looked out the front door, paused, turned around and went back to his bed for another nap. :hilarious:

Good call on not taking Jack for a walk, the pavement is always a lot hotter than the air temp. He probably deserves a snack though. 😉

donaldtoo

Glad you decided to skip Louisiana. Cool pic at JSC. I built a model of the space shuttle as a kid. I remember being in awe of it and for a brief time toyed with the idea of being an astronaut. We got to watch the maiden voyage of Columbia I think in elementary school. Enjoy the rest of your weekend with the family!

Cool...!!! :)
I’m old enough to remember Apollo 11, and I remember watching one of the later moon landings in elementary school, although I can’t remember which one it was now. Probably Apollo 12 or 14, as it was still a pretty new thing at the time. And, I also remember the Apollo 13 emergency.
As I’ve posted before, if I could afford a trip into outer space I’d go in a heartbeat...!!!!! :geek::happy::)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks. I have a reservation there on Labor Day. I'm keeping it. Their french onion soup is still on the menu, and that's what I really want. Plus, we haven't eaten there since the switch to the new dinner menu and I really want the ambiance.

I don't have TS reservations for my last three days, so I'm looking forward to the down time at BOG.

I'm holding 8 BOG lunch reservations usually have multiple depending on the length of the trip. It is my favorite or was QS at the MK as it very cool in there and calm especially if I'm not in the main dining room. We always cancel the extra BOG as we figure out which park we will be in.

We just added another 2 days to our long trip cause airfare is just that stupid going down to MCO, no problem coming back. Go figure. Now it is a waiting game to see which resort we will stay at the front end and the DVC can't be added to for the bulk of the trip, no room at the zoo since SW is opening that weekend.

Are you going down for SW or is this trip your longer family trip for summer?

Gabe1

That drop happened this afternoon for me. Thunderstorm started by 2 in the afternoon and the temperatures are now down to 70 from being around 90 at noon. The way I look at it, I'm sure the fairs and outdoor events that are happening in Wisconsin this weekend are not happy with the weather.

We never got the storms yesterday in N. Illinois. We might get some tonight. Looks like you guys have been getting walloped today. Those storms are huge and nasty and seems to stop right at the Wisconsin Illinois border. Be safe.

Gabe1

yeah, they changed them about a month ago.... I figured it out, and tuvalu confirmed it when they served her some bean salad crap instead of the green beans she ordered.

We are disappointed. Loved their Braised Beef and the green beans were always awesome.
The new veggies are not going to fly. Like @StarWarsGirl said we might keep a few reservations just to pop in for the French Onion Soup if we have a Big ADR in the evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom