The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Welp, lost my job this morning. According to HR, 2 people went and reported me (and a few others) for "harassment", one being the cleaning guy. The cleaning guy was one to get in everybody's way but get mad when you had to avoid hitting him with a cart or pallet, and the other kid was known to make racial jokes but you couldnt make any jokes towards him. I'm beyond ****ed off.
I am so sorry. I hope you can find another job soon.

21stamps

Are you nervous because he'll be away for 10 days? That's understandable.

More because my niece, and without my teenage nephew.. I hope this doesn’t sound weird.. but I’m afraid they’ll be so focused on the younger kids that they may not think of his safety, or sunblock, etc etc.
That sounds a lot more harsh than I mean it to sound. I’m glad that his cousins will be there! They’re staying in a beach house with a pool this year.. I think I’m just freaked out by so many recent drownings. I don’t think T would go to the pool or ocean without an adult. I just worry, irrationally I guess.

Needless to say, my mom took great offense when I expressed these worries to her.

Edit- that sounds even more horrible when I see it in black and white written out. I am being ridiculous.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
More because my niece, and without my teenage nephew.. I hope this doesn’t sound weird.. but I’m afraid they’ll be so focused on the younger kids that they may not think of his safety, or sunblock, etc etc.
That sounds a lot more harsh than I mean it to sound. I’m glad that his cousins will be there! They’re staying in a beach house with a pool this year.. I think I’m just freaked out by so many recent drownings. I don’t think T would go to the pool or ocean without an adult. I just worry, irrationally I guess.

Needless to say, my mom took great offense when I expressed these worries to her.

Edit- that sounds even more horrible when I see it in black and white written out. I am being ridiculous.

He may be older than the little ones, but he's still very much a child. I'm sure he'll be in the group putting on sunscreen, etc. I'm thinking you're just concerned, because you're his parent. I don't have kids, but I imagine it must be hard to let others be in charge of him for 10 days. Anyway, all that aside, from what you've shared of Tristan, he sounds responsible. My hunch is that he'll be fine and will have a great vacation.

(Maybe while he's gone, you could treat yourself to a mini-vacation--maybe at a spa, for example?)

21stamps

He may be older than the little ones, but he's still very much a child. I'm sure he'll be in the group putting on sunscreen, etc. I'm thinking you're just concerned, because you're his parent. I don't have kids, but I imagine it must be hard to let others be in charge of him for 10 days. Anyway, all that aside, from what you've shared of Tristan, he sounds responsible. My hunch is that he'll be fine and will have a great vacation.

(Maybe while he's gone, you could treat yourself to a mini-vacation--maybe at a spa, for example?)

I do have plans for a girls day/evening. Dinner then cocktails. I also have plans to do a lot of reorganizing/getting rid of stuff in the house- that’s my big project while he’s gone. I do have a hair appointment and mani/pedi scheduled for next week. Your spa idea sounds even better!

Goofyernmost

I like bacon gravy better than sausage gravy!😉
As a full time resident of the "south" I have a secret that I must keep from the population. I don't like biscuits. My Grandson who was moved here when he was 7 loves biscuits. You cannot give him enough of them. I guess hate is a pretty strong word, I will eat a small amount, but, for some reason, no matter who made them they just seem so dry and then, probably in my imagination, I have a hard time swallowing them. It feels like they are getting stuck in my throat.

Let me go on record now saying that this is the first confession of this type I have ever issued. I'm sure my reputation is ruined. Up until now you thought that I only hated kale. Don't tell anyone please. I don't want to be forced to move back where I came from. The cold, cold north. (usually) 🤫😬😮🤐

P.S. I love all types of gravy though and I don't care what you combine with it. (except kale)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom