Port Orleans Riverside

dontknow

We recently came back from POR. Our first 9 night stay at that resort. I have nothing to compare it to in the 'moderate' category so take my input for what it's worth as we generally stay at the Wilderness or Poly.

The grounds were very well cared for and pleasant.

We stayed at Oak Manor (facing the pool). It was okay... nothing hugely fantastic or overtly bad about the room/building. Your 6 year old will probably enjoy the theme of the room. Our daughter got a kick out of it, but since she's now out of the princess mode, it seemed to be short lived for her.

Since the workers were not good about keeping the pool quiet as it's supposed to be at 10 pm, I would not choose the pool side again. We called on 3 separate nights to the main desk well after midnight each time as people were screaming to the top of their lungs as if it was mid-afternoon. It did quiet down fairly quickly after we called though, so that was nice.

Housekeeping was timely and sufficient. We don't spend much time in the room other than sleeping & getting ready so I'm not looking for much other than cleanliness and well stocked for towels, etc...

At least for us, the few front desk experiences we had were just 'okay', though the line moved slow since they only had 2-3 people working. I had a small confrontation with one of the workers there one early morning. Since she wasn't busy and asked me how she could help me, I asked her if she convert my remaining QS Points to Snacks. She kept telling me she could do it, but I could also do it when I purchased the snacks. I kept saying that since she told me she could, I would like her to do so but she kept resisting. After the 4th time she accommodated my request. A small thing, but annoying. That has never happened to me before on any Disney property.

Our room did not have any USB charging ports which sort of surprised me in this day and age, but for the life of me, I can't even recall if the Deluxe resorts do. So take it for what it's worth and it may not be relevant to you.

Oak Manor location was ideal (for us) to the food places where the food was plentiful and good (as has been our experience at the other resorts). It was also not too bad for Old Man Island and was a straight shot over a footbridge to the main bus stop - which after trying the others - was the most efficient for us to use.

The service in the Lounge could have been better, but since it was myself only, I dealt with it while my family had their fun at Old Man Island. I will say - one worker at the lounge (think her name was Christine) was incredible. The Bayou Wings are also amazing if you enjoy that kind of food.

The full service restaurant on site is great - food and service.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and if it seems to be what you are after, I think you've made a decent choice. I'm not sure we would return, but then again, we've been spoiled rotten with the Poly and Wilderness so my opinion in that regards shouldn't sway you in any direction.

Last edited:

Hcalvert

I just stayed at Riverside for my July trip. I found the grounds beautiful and the food good. My problems that I have with this resort are customer service and room cleanliness. I have never seen a concierge line so long in my life and it is this length all day. Also, I was returning after a night at the parks and several times I witnessed staff members in golf carts going way too fast and scaring other patrons as they zipped around corners almost hitting them. The room was filthy. They do not have carpet on the floors and I doubt that the housekeeping mops. Considering this is a dog resort, cleanliness should be the upmost priority. I saw other people's hair in the bathroom and walking in the room in new white socks on the first day resulted in blackened socks. I guess I am a little more peeved about this as this is the first resort that I ever had to wait for my room after check-in time (3:00 pm). After standing in line for over 45 minutes to find out when my room was going to be ready, I was then told by a CM that they can take until 5:00 pm to get someone in a room and gave me a bunch of excuses like there were a lot of check outs that day. This resort allows patrons to opt out of housekeeping, so I am thinking they are short on staff and the staff that they do have has a lot of extra work to do, thus resulting in filthy rooms and longer turnaround times. Lastly, the USB charger above the pull-down bed was completely busted, which we reported as we did not want to be blamed for it. They sent someone out at 10 pm to look at it even though my husband asked them to wait until the next day. He said that he would fix it, but that never happened during our 8-night stay. My husband and I agreed that we would not be staying here again. I booked a stay at Coronado Springs for my January trip as a result of all of this and hope to upgrade to deluxe if there is an AP discount.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom