Citricos turning into V & A Bistro?

Bocabear

But Victoria & Albert’s and Victoria & Albert’s Bistro??! Why share names?

As preposterous as Ale & Compass Lounge, The Market at Ale & Compass, and Ale & Compass. All at Yacht Club!

Come on Disney...let’s get creative!
I am afraid these days "Creative" seems to be lost... they can add "Springs" to almost anything as a suitable name... We may end up with Yacht Club Springs at some point...

Tony the Tigger

2 people at V&A’s will run you $1k? Wow.

With wine pairings, yes. (And what’s the point without them?) Plus tip and it’s over $1K.

I don’t imagine we’ll eat there again for quite some time, though.

Hence, I like the bistro idea.

But Victoria & Albert’s and Victoria & Albert’s Bistro??! Why share names?

To instantly elevate the bistro?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know anything about this but it makes sense.

In my opinion the Grand lobby could use a freshening up at the very least. It is still enjoyable but after seeing what they can do with Gran Destino they could up their game with the Grand. It is supposed to be their top tier resort. I am not the only one who feels this way. I was overhearing a conversation in the Dahlia lounge with some people who said that the Grand needs an upgrade after this.

...dude 😳

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don't have to agree with me. I still like the grand I just think it could use an update. New paint, carpet, that sort of thing, nothing too major.

I’m not disputing that...

“What they did with the gran destino?”

Bland Marriott tower? That’s “exotic”? There’s 10 in every city on earth. That’s the “future”?

carolina_yankee

2 people at V&A’s will run you $1k? Wow.
We had dinner with wine pairing, and yes about 1k for a couple... You could do it without the wine pairings and no add-ons (They have lots of expensive add-ons!) for I think $350 per person...
It is an amazing experience... We were seated around 6:00 and did not leave until after 11:00. I beautiful long evening of dining. they have live music as well. It is not for kids or parties...It is a more intimate experience...and we found that even though it was crazy expensive, it was one of the best meals we have ever had in our lives...

$1000 is quite possible but a little extreme.

The standard seven course menu is $185. Ten course is $235. You can do upcharges on some courses to include cavier, wagyu, etc. Wine pairing is $150, I think.

A couple enjoying the base menu (which is certainly stellar) and one-two glasses of wine can get out for about $500 with tip. My husband doesn't drink, so I will indulge in the wine pairings, but I haven't to V&A since they've upped prices from the $120s but I have enjoyed several meals there. I'm not sure I can be convinced to pay $500 for dinner more than once or twice decade.

Oh, the cancellation policy is $100 per person for within 72 hours. They're serious!

But valet parking is free. And they arrange with the valet to have your car ready.

Dirk

durangojim

I’m not disputing that...

“What they did with the gran destino?”

Bland Marriott tower? That’s “exotic”? There’s 10 in every city on earth. That’s the “future”?
We ate at Toledo opening night. It was very good with a great view and was better than some signatures (I’m looking at you Le Cellier). The hotel lobby was very nice and not bland. We won’t stay there because the rooms don’t looks cozy but the lobby and restaurant and lounges are as good as any deluxe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We ate at Toledo opening night. It was very good with a great view and was better than some signatures (I’m looking at you Le Cellier). The hotel lobby was very nice and not bland. We won’t stay there because the rooms don’t looks cozy but the lobby and restaurant and lounges are as good as any deluxe.

I’m glad it’s good...but the lack of theming and “austerity” doesn’t really match what a Disney Hotel should be. I don’t like the movement...and down the road when they realize what happened ...neither will most dusters.

Le cellier is a repurposed cafeteria that isn’t particularly good - by the way. The dining plan era obsession with it has never made any sense to the palette.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its certainly nice and feels upscale. I liked it.
I’m don’t doubt it feels “upscale”. It’s built for the convention center and is the first new rack room hotel built by Disney on property in an astounding 15+ years...

But does it feel more “Gaylord palms” or more “boardwalk”?

It’s an ideological question. And probably a rhetorical one to many on one side or the other

Lensman

What would they call it... Vickie and Al's?
I'd prefer Drina & Bertie's, but it feels wrong to have a named "Bistro" related to the pair, as that seems too French to me. Pub fare seems more appropriate, so perhaps it could be named a Pub or an Arms maybe it could be a Chippy or Caf.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd prefer Drina & Bertie's, but it feels wrong to have a named "Bistro" related to the pair, as that seems too French to me. Pub fare seems more appropriate, so perhaps it could be named a Pub or an Arms maybe it could be a Chippy or Caf.
I think “shark jump cafe” or “fonzarelli’s bistro” would work

durangojim

$1000 is quite possible but a little extreme.

The standard seven course menu is $185. Ten course is $235. You can do upcharges on some courses to include cavier, wagyu, etc. Wine pairing is $150, I think.

A couple enjoying the base menu (which is certainly stellar) and one-two glasses of wine can get out for about $500 with tip. My husband doesn't drink, so I will indulge in the wine pairings, but I haven't to V&A since they've upped prices from the $120s but I have enjoyed several meals there. I'm not sure I can be convinced to pay $500 for dinner more than once or twice decade.

Oh, the cancellation policy is $100 per person for within 72 hours. They're serious!

But valet parking is free. And they arrange with the valet to have your car ready.

Dirk
I think the last time my wife and I dined there last year it was about $750 for the two of us.

Bocabear

I think the last time my wife and I dined there last year it was about $750 for the two of us.
we did the Wagyu upcharge....then they had a truffle upcharge we split at the table of 4...we also did the caviar service and split it at the table for the 4 of us... I think that is probably why we ended up at 1k... we also had a cocktail on arrival... it all adds up...and it also adds up to an absolutely amazing experience!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom