Citricos turning into V & A Bistro?

starri42

I heard from a Spirit Airlines flight attendant who heard it from a Newark Airport baggage handler who heard from an Uber driver who heard from Cinderella who heard from a bus driver that it's becoming a Home on the Range character dinner.

Tony the Tigger

What would they call it... Vickie and Al's?

Not creative enough.

“Albert & Victoria’s.”

Or

6C87B2D0-A725-43D4-8B8A-DBEDE0C8EB7D.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I doubt he cares. It drives clicks to his site. Heck, every post he makes gets a whole thread over here.

Well, when he lifts his information from threads here word for word... ;) The problem is, when he posts bad information more and more in an effort to "be first", it drives people away. I personally believe he is deliberately being fed certain information in an effort to find out who is leaking information. Frankly, I don't care if he continues to shoot himself in the foot, because I don't trust him. Never have, never will.

This site has been far more reputable and accurate for far longer, because @wdwmagic and others have principles and believe in double-checking information they receive, at a minimum, before posting. You could look at it this way - One site believes in serving the Disney fan community. One site believes in serving and enriching itself. Choose wisely.

"... and that's all I have to say about that." - Forrest Gump

lentesta

Premium Member
I would be shocked if they would include the words "Victoria and Albert's" in the new name. It dilutes the value of the original restaurant, especially if the new place doesn't deliver on quality and service. Also imagine how many people will have no clue that it's not the 5 star restaurant and tell their friends that the restaurant was simply fine or ok but not an exceptional experience. This is a fail on so many levels. I can see them changing the restaurant but if they include V&A in the name, they are idiots.

Amen. It would cheapen the value of the V&A name.

wdwfan22

Well, when he lifts his information from threads here word for word... ;) The problem is, when he posts bad information more and more in an effort to "be first", it drives people away. I personally believe he is deliberately being fed certain information in an effort to find out who is leaking information. Frankly, I don't care if he continues to shoot himself in the foot, because I don't trust him. Never have, never will.

This site has been far more reputable and accurate for far longer, because @wdwmagic and others have principles and believe in double-checking information they receive, at a minimum, before posting. You could look at it this way - One site believes in serving the Disney fan community. One site believes in serving and enriching itself. Choose wisely.

"... and that's all I have to say about that." - Forrest Gump

Well said!! This site is a class act and has always been that way. Posting accurate information with no hidden agenda.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta Love your and Jim's podcast. Just curious do you still consider the Grand the best hotel on property? We had a great week there over July 4th but the condition of the monorails is worrying us. Other than that it was about as perfect a stay as possible.

Thanks! Glad to hear your GF stay went well.

That new walkway to the MK might allow Disney to work on the monorail more, eh? All monorail resorts would have a footpath. Just sayin'.

I know Disney thinks the GF is WDW's flagship resort. And it has a lot of things going for it: very highly-rated on-site dining, and easy access to places like California Grill; the GF Villas are continually rated as the best lodging on property by our readers; the Senses Spa is one of the very best in Orlando. There's a lot to like there.

The thing that I usually can't get past is the price comparison with other resorts I like, especially for Club Level or undiscounted rooms. I mean, I'm doing okay, but I can't get my brain to commit to four of five days of Club Level there, versus another resort. It's all in my head, I know, probably because I live so close, too. If it was a once-a-year vacation, I might could see it.

durangojim

Thanks! Glad to hear your GF stay went well.

That new walkway to the MK might allow Disney to work on the monorail more, eh? All monorail resorts would have a footpath. Just sayin'.

I know Disney thinks the GF is WDW's flagship resort. And it has a lot of things going for it: very highly-rated on-site dining, and easy access to places like California Grill; the GF Villas are continually rated as the best lodging on property by our readers; the Senses Spa is one of the very best in Orlando. There's a lot to like there.

The thing that I usually can't get past is the price comparison with other resorts I like, especially for Club Level or undiscounted rooms. I mean, I'm doing okay, but I can't get my brain to commit to four of five days of Club Level there, versus another resort. It's all in my head, I know, probably because I live so close, too. If it was a once-a-year vacation, I might could see it.
IMO that walkway will be wonderful. I agree about the price, we stayed at Four Season's in Orlando 2 years ago for less than what we paid at the GF. It was about as good as it gets with staff remembering our name and the dedicated adults only pool. Just wish it was closer to the parks. On a good note, even though I don't think the GF's service is what it was back in the 90s or early 00s, I have noticed a marked improvement over the past couple of years, although why turndown service is still optional is still a mystery to me.

eddie104

I'm new to this board, but I've been surprised by the amount of time and space devoted to discussing a competing website. I really like all the discussion on news and rumors here, though. I've learned a lot.
I actually like that other website updates sometimes even though his reports can be very inaccurate. Welcome and I'm glad your enjoying the site. :)

TeriofTerror

I'm new to this board, but I've been surprised by the amount of time and space devoted to discussing a competing website. I really like all the discussion on news and rumors here, though. I've learned a lot.
After the repeated and relentless blaming he did of the parents whose child was killed by the alligator at WDW, I've got very few nice things to say about him.

rowrbazzle

I actually like that other website updates sometimes even though his reports can be very inaccurate. Welcome and I'm glad your enjoying the site. :)

Thanks. I've read it plenty (lots of updates), but never paid super close attention to the veracity of everything. I suppose it's easy to get by when so much is rumor and far off.

After the repeated and relentless blaming he did of the parents whose child was killed by the alligator at WDW, I've got very few nice things to say about him.

Oh wow, I didn't see that. I do remember seeing other folks saying something similar, though and I thought it was really distasteful.

Bocabear

2 people at V&A’s will run you $1k? Wow.
We had dinner with wine pairing, and yes about 1k for a couple... You could do it without the wine pairings and no add-ons (They have lots of expensive add-ons!) for I think $350 per person...
It is an amazing experience... We were seated around 6:00 and did not leave until after 11:00. I beautiful long evening of dining. they have live music as well. It is not for kids or parties...It is a more intimate experience...and we found that even though it was crazy expensive, it was one of the best meals we have ever had in our lives...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom