Do You Think They Should Bring Oswald To Disney World?

Do You Think They Should Bring Oswald To Disney World?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steamboat Brody

Original Poster
What do you think?
-Steamboat Brody

JIMINYCR

Yes ... Oswald has been shown to be popular when he has been brought out, although very limited, enough to draw the interest of guests. He is a part of Walts past and did play a major part in his creating a character with a personality. Having created and developed Oswald, Walt had started a concept to build upon that led to Mickeys dynamic personality that we have come to enjoy.

The Empress Lilly

The real revenge for Walt being cheated out of his rabbit was not re-acquiring his rights a century later, but Walt changing his ears into a mouse and then building an empire on that.

Like the Orange Bird, Oswald is a forgotten Disney detail that didn't need to be dug up from the grave but somehow became a major thing this decade. I'm old and cynical, and say it is because association with minute details is the last method to make you stand out from the Disney crowd - an ever bigger and better informed mass. How do you stand out from the mainstream.

Janir

Yes, but for now keep him in DHS, more along the lines of he's part of Walt's history, unless they start airing new cartoons with him and Mickey or something.

lazyboy97o

The real revenge for Walt being cheated out of his rabbit was not re-acquiring his rights a century later, but Walt changing his ears into a mouse and then building an empire on that.

Like the Orange Bird, Oswald is a forgotten Disney detail that didn't need to be dug up from the grave but somehow became a major thing this decade. I'm old and cynical, and say it is because association with minute details is the last method to make you stand out from the Disney crowd - an ever bigger and better informed mass. How do you stand out from the mainstream.
This. How many people had actually watched an Oswald cartoon before the acquisition? Or even after? Besides, Alice and Julius are cooler than Oswald.

Anders Limpar

Don't understand the popularity and never will. Why not do a Skeleton dance meet and greet or a Lonesome Ghosts meet and greet or an Old Mill walk-through while are at it.

Tanna Eros

He's working class and has a temper. His pants sometimes fell off. Ortenzia's pants sometimes fell off. The innovations of the cartoons, like using a question mark over someone's head as a winch hook, are amazing for the time.

He has a interspecies marriage. He is also a dad. He's not Mickey.
The cartoons are fun. I've paired the cartoons to Preservation Jazz Hall Band (or is enjoying that music just another way to stand out from the crowd?) I'm not even part of the Disney crowd, but that happy, simply drawn rabbit with Kleenex boxes for feet genuinely makes me happy. I like the way the animator had to work his walk with those feet and the tech they had at the time they were done.
I don't care to stand out from the mainstream. I like what I like, and so do many others.
Maybe you are right, you are cynical and old.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom