Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Flynnwriter

This is my thought also, that they're ditching the wireless guidance system and going back to optical. Or perhaps a bit of both. Is anyone aware of any advantage of the wireless guidance? I was surprised to hear it was ever deemed reliable enough for this type of use. Industrial drones use optical sensors to follow lines painted on the floor, very simple but very reliable (Tower of Terror does this too).
The ride is gps, no embedded wire. It’s been in use in Tokyo and Hong Kong successfully for years.

Stripes

@marni1971 I recall when there was talk of motion bases being used on the ride. Do you have more clarity on that subject? Is it just on elevator 2, or elsewhere as well?

TP2000

The ride is gps, no embedded wire. It’s been in use in Tokyo and Hong Kong successfully for years.

The Resistance ride is not GPS, it's WiFi. Just like the Luigi's Roadsters ride in Cars Land uses WiFi, but the Resistance is on a much larger scale. It's been reported by several insiders that the same contractor who designed the WiFi ride system for Luigi's in 2016 was used again by WDI to design the WiFi ride system for Resistance, an outfit called Oceaneering.

They didn't use WiFi in Tokyo for the Pooh ride that was designed in 1999 and opened in 2001 because WiFi wasn't available back then. And in 2019, Japan has very strict rules about using WiFi networks for public consumption. Japan is very advanced, but when it comes to public WiFi and use of smartphones they aren't at the level of widespread use that America and Western Europe is. Japan still uses their version of America's old Bell System monopoly running their phone systems, Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT).

ToTBellHop

The Resistance ride is not GPS, it's WiFi. Just like the Luigi's Roadsters ride in Cars Land uses WiFi, but the Resistance is on a much larger scale. It's been reported by several insiders that the same contractor who designed the WiFi ride system for Luigi's in 2016 was used again by WDI to design the WiFi ride system for Resistance, an outfit called Oceaneering.

They didn't use WiFi in Tokyo for the Pooh ride that was designed in 1999 and opened in 2001 because WiFi wasn't available back then. And in 2019, Japan has very strict rules about using WiFi networks for public consumption. Japan is very advanced, but when it comes to public WiFi and use of smartphones they aren't at the level of widespread use that America and Western Europe is. Japan still uses their version of America's old Bell System monopoly running their phone systems, Nippon Telegraph & Telephone (NTT).

They better not use the same WiFi they offer their guests...

SpoiledBlueMilk

Do we love California or what?
Disneyland_Prop_65_Warning_crop.jpg

Good thing we get the unsafe version in Florida.

California's regulatory state and Prop 65 is cancerous.

thequeuelinelectures

I wasn’t aware it was in an elevator; I thought it was somewhere else. Given what the second set of elevators is that would make sense.

And just to add some color to this, I think we can safely assume that if elevator 1 is going up to the second level in the room with the AT-AT's, the second set of elevators would be simulating the crash landing back to Batuu which makes sense for motion bases

solidyne

What if this ride is totally cringeworthy? I mean 50 stormtroopers in front of a screen, poorly acting CMs ushering you to a car that zooms through some tunnels, then Kylo says "Boo!" Kylo says "Boo!" again, a final descent, and you're out.

My prediction:
20% decent AA, 40% pretty tunnel work, and 40% cringe (aka "ouch, how much did this cost again?" or "Is that Sigourney Weaver?")

TiggerDad

What if this ride is totally cringeworthy? I mean 50 stormtroopers in front of a screen, poorly acting CMs ushering you to a car that zooms through some tunnels, then Kylo says "Boo!" Kylo says "Boo!" again, a final descent, and you're out.

My prediction:
20% decent AA, 40% pretty tunnel work, and 40% cringe (aka "ouch, how much did this cost again?" or "Is that Sigourney Weaver?")
Are you asking about when it first opens or six months later when half the AAs are broken?

TrojanUSC

Was shocked when I stayed at the MiraCosta for $700/night two years ago and they had no Wifi or internet available in the guest rooms. After complaining enough they sent someone up with a temporary router but it was very odd they didn't offer it to begin with.

brihow

Was shocked when I stayed at the MiraCosta for $700/night two years ago and they had no Wifi or internet available in the guest rooms. After complaining enough they sent someone up with a temporary router but it was very odd they didn't offer it to begin with.

For whatever it's worth, I went on a very long, extensive trip to Japan in 2016 and stayed in 6 different hotels and they all had wifi.

truecoat

My prediction:

100% a blaster shoots at you and you go what the , how did they do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

mergatroid

My prediction:

Then I would guess that you'd probably complain about it on here?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom