Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

DisneyGigi

UPDATE:

I have been trying to post photos but I keep getting an error message: The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded.

Not sure what’s going on. Any ideas?
Are you on the app?
Test- app is working for me.
4ABA3D2C-499B-4A8A-A1BC-F880808B63C5.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
UPDATE:

I have been trying to post photos but I keep getting an error message: The upload failed because the file could not be written to the server. The site administrator will need to resolve this before any files can be uploaded.

Not sure what’s going on. Any ideas?
I was just adding on to my TR & I keep getting the same error. The first error message was something along the lines of the file was not a photo like expected & now I'm getting the same thing that you are. @DisneyGigi I'm using a computer.

Jedi Stitch

There was no line at the Be Our Guest kiosk when I checked in for lunch. We had preordered our food and walked down the left side of the bridge right into the restaurant. The CM asked if there were any changes to our order before I paid. Em and I always share the same thing: carved turkey sandwich with green beans jardinière, a side of fries and Master’s cupcake. Em decided to swap the Master’s cupcake for a strawberry cupcake. I paid and we went to find a table in our usual room.

View attachment 383844

We passed many available tables in the Ballroom and as you can see there were plenty of open tables in the Rose Gallery.

So we never expected to wait 20 minutes for our food to arrive.

During that time two different CMs came by and looked at our receipt. Before the second CM left I asked if she would take a picture of us.

“Of course!”

She began to back up, moving further and further away from us.

“I’m trying to get all of the portrait,” she announced.

But I don’t care about the portrait. I just want a picture of me and my daughter.

This was the result. And she still didn’t get all of the portrait. 🙄

View attachment 383845

FINALLY our food arrived. The server set down our plates. The green beans jardinière were MIA.

View attachment 383846

“What’s this?” I inquired, pointing at the dish next to the turkey sandwich. “I ordered green beans.”

“Those are the veggies,” she replied. “We don’t have green beans anymore. There was a menu change.”

AND THE CM WHO REVIEWED MY PREORDER DID NOT MENTION THIS LITTLE DETAIL WHY???!!

I took one taste of the vegetable mush. :hungover: Em wouldn’t even try it.

View attachment 383848

I pulled up the menu online. Turns out there were significant changes to the lunch menu. Gone is the braised pork, quinoa salad, and vegetable quiche in addition to the green beans jardinière.

Fortunately the turkey sandwich was as good as always. And Em said the strawberry cupcake was delish....she preferred it over the Master’s cupcake.

But to not inform guests who had preordered about the menu change?

Edit: The vegetable mush is actually a small portion of the Cannellini Bean Cassoulet entreè.
Tuvalu I always enjoy your TR's. I for one am not impressed at be our guest for the food. Great themeing.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like you and Em are having another magical morning!! Hitting all the best rides first thing in the day! #LivingtheDream :happy:
We did have a magical morning. Love the hashtag!

Seems like you guys are having a great time. Making me even more excited for our trip to Wilderness in 11 days. Hoping for a similar view
Request a north facing room. 😉

I was just adding on to my TR & I keep getting the same error. The first error message was something along the lines of the file was not a photo like expected & now I'm getting the same thing that you are. @DisneyGigi I'm using a computer.
Thanks for chiming in, @riverside (although I am sorry you experienced the frustration too.) It was reassuring to learn I wasn’t the only one having difficulties posting photos.

I always enjoy your reports. Thanks for taking the time to do these.
Thank YOU for taking the time to read my reports. :geek:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, I've never seen LLT that empty? Were you there at a really, really "off" time, LOL? There's always been standing room only in the lobby for us, sigh, no Shirley status!
Only if you consider 11:30 am a really, really, “off” time! :joyfull:

Wow back again!
I live a little over an hour away now and you two are there more than me.
Someday we will bump into each other.
Have fun @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91 😎
Just get yourself over here already!!

Tuvalu I always enjoy your TR's. I for one am not impressed at be our guest for the food. Great themeing.
I am saddened at the decline of BOG. We aren’t even dining there this trip. Thanks for following our adventures.

Pixie Dust!!!
.....or my celebrity Shirley status? :cautious:

How did you do that, that is awesome, its like playing Where's Waldo!!!!
Isn’t it fun? It is a special PP magic shot.

Fixed that for you. ;) But you're on vacation, so we'll excuse it.
Hey now, English teacher, I was going for the “Where’s Waldo?” wordplay. (@Dave Ber got it!) :hilarious:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We spent about an hour at the pool before being chased out by a rain shower. No biggie, we thought, as we were planning on napping to give us energy for tonight.

Ever try to nap during a loud and lengthy thunderstorm?

Hopefully the rain is outta here now. Em and I are about to leave the Lodge and return to MK.

We’ve got a party to attend! 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom