News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

Curious Constance

What a strange land..... it seems like they could have added a few Pixar touches without going as crazy as they did. It’s just such a mis-match of themes now.

Luxo, lamplight lounge, frozen treats, Pixar ball, Pixar orchestra, and the Pixar midway games are all wins.

Pixar Pal-around is a silly rename for the wheel that still has Mickey’s face.... but no real harm done.

Everything else is a loss... Incredibles coaster and Q clashes with the pier, Jessie’s Carousel is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in a Disney park and replaced the much nicer King Tritons Carousel, and Inside Out is... idk it doesn’t go with the pier but it’s ok I guess? If you like plastic looking decorations.
I’ll never get over the loss of King Triton’s Nipplesel. 😞

Disneylover152

What a strange land..... it seems like they could have added a few Pixar touches without going as crazy as they did. It’s just such a mis-match of themes now.

Luxo, lamplight lounge, frozen treats, Pixar ball, Pixar orchestra, and the Pixar midway games are all wins.

Pixar Pal-around is a silly rename for the wheel that still has Mickey’s face.... but no real harm done.

Everything else is a loss... Incredibles coaster and Q clashes with the pier, Jessie’s Carousel is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in a Disney park and replaced the much nicer King Tritons Carousel, and Inside Out is... idk it doesn’t go with the pier but it’s ok I guess? If you like plastic looking decorations.

I agree. The entrance area and the Pixar Promenade area look really great (will be experiencing in person in a few months). The issue I have is the Incredibles, Toy Story and Inside Out "neighborhoods". They are just an absolute mess.

I kinda wished rather than creating these neighborhoods, they would have redid all of the pier to give it Victorian architecture with subtle Pixar references. Like a victorian inspired load station for Incredicoaster with lots of popcorn lights above the queue.

Although, I'm in the boat about I love how Jessie's Critter Carousel looks, if it was situated in WDW Toy Story Land (where it desperately needs to go considering Hollywood Studios has very little to do esp for kids).

TrainsOfDisney

Although, I'm in the boat about I love how Jessie's Critter Carousel looks, if it was situated in WDW Toy Story Land (where it desperately needs to go considering Hollywood Studios has very little to do esp for kids).

I agree toy story land needs something like a carousel. But what do you love about this...

Attachments

• 083EFEDD-609C-465E-868F-43D88CEC5B7F.jpeg
    083EFEDD-609C-465E-868F-43D88CEC5B7F.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 166

Ismael Flores

I agree toy story land needs something like a carousel. But what do you love about this...

i actually decided to go on it and its actually an improvement from what was there. the painted walls really make a difference
I just think the critters are adorable. Idk It's one of those things that I'm embarrassed to admit I like...

Maybe it's because I haven't seen it in person.

It actually is adorable, I am another person that really like the new creatures. The new creatures just make you smile and make the carousel unique compared to just having the marine animals. I am also glad the fixed the issue with those weird walls the older version of the carousel had in the back. I hated the odd 90 degree corner with the organ just shoved against it. It now has a curved wall with the western facade and creatures

TrainsOfDisney

im glad to know that somebody likes it.... I guess it’s just me.

And yeah.... why have an organ for a carousel when you can have canned music.

Honestly I don’t remember the organ or the walls, and I’m the kind of person who usually looks for carousel organs. Ha. But I’ll take your word that the painted walls are better.

I just think the carousel as a whole, along with the inside out ride, look cheap and plastic. Same thing with the alien flying saucers for that matter. I get that it’s toy story so maybe they are supposed to look plastic? Idk.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

im glad to know that somebody likes it.... I guess it’s just me.

And yeah.... why have an organ for a carousel when you can have canned music.

Honestly I don’t remember the organ or the walls, and I’m the kind of person who usually looks for carousel organs. Ha. But I’ll take your word that the painted walls are better.

I just think the carousel as a whole, along with the inside out ride, look cheap and plastic. Same thing with the alien flying saucers for that matter. I get that it’s toy story so maybe they are supposedly to look plastic? Idk.

what i do hate is that they left the same canopy. It doesn't look bad but somehow it clashes with the overall theme of the rest of the carousel design.

TROR

I keep seeing ads for Pixar Pier and I don’t understand why. I’ve seen more ads for this land this summer than I have for Galaxy’s Edge. Can someone please explain why this is the big marketing push?

lazyboy97o

I keep seeing ads for Pixar Pier and I don’t understand why. I’ve seen more ads for this land this summer than I have for Galaxy’s Edge. Can someone please explain why this is the big marketing push?
Per Iger, there was to be little to no marketing for Galaxy’s Edge because everyone would already know about it and be begging to get inside. He even joked about just Tweeting “It’s opening!”

SuddenStorm

Per Iger, there was to be little to no marketing for Galaxy’s Edge because everyone would already know about it and be begging to get inside. He even joked about just Tweeting “It’s opening!”

Talk about executive comments that have aged poorly. I'm reminded of all the executive propaganda Disney put out prior to DCA's opening.

Iger's hubris is almost palpable. The man's had an excellent and almost entirely successful run at Disney- the many acquisitions, and the huge turn around the film studio and Walt Disney Animation has seen during his tenure. Not to mention the insane growth in revenue and attendance Parks and Resorts have seen during his leadership. Perhaps the executives at Disney have become just a little too confident- if they can release a mediocre remake of Aladdin and have it gross $1 billion worldwide, of course their ambitious and cutting edge new theme park land would be a guaranteed home run.

Kind of glad to see GE get a lukewarm response form the public- maybe a bit more care will be taken with park investments the next few years until Disney inevitably forgets the lessons learned yet again.

Phroobar

Talk about executive comments that have aged poorly. I'm reminded of all the executive propaganda Disney put out prior to DCA's opening.

Iger's hubris is almost palpable. The man's had an excellent and almost entirely successful run at Disney- the many acquisitions, and the huge turn around the film studio and Walt Disney Animation has seen during his tenure. Not to mention the insane growth in revenue and attendance Parks and Resorts have seen during his leadership. Perhaps the executives at Disney have become just a little too confident- if they can release a mediocre remake of Aladdin and have it gross $1 billion worldwide, of course their ambitious and cutting edge new theme park land would be a guaranteed home run.

Kind of glad to see GE get a lukewarm response form the public- maybe a bit more care will be taken with park investments the next few years until Disney inevitably forgets the lessons learned yet again.
Disneyland's GE experiences will be forgotten by the press and executives when Florida's version opens to captive tourists that will ride everything.

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland's GE experiences will be forgotten by the press and executives when Florida's version opens to captive tourists that will ride everything.

Disney didn’t build Star Wars land to give current guests more things to ride, they built the lands to attract more guests. In a park where a flat ride and an outdoor kids coaster are tier 1 fast pass attractions, it should be obvious that people will visit that park.

Now obviously... Star Wars land will increase visits to DHS, so that part will be a success. But the plan was to bring new visitors to WDW specifically because of Star Wars... that part is what will be lacking.

lumberguy5

Unfortunately the lesson learned could be “give them more slinky dogs and emotional whirlwinds”
The aftermath will be lets never spent this amount of money again on building a new land when IP rehashes of already standing attractions can create 5 hour posted waits. Time to IP up Thunder Mountain, or rehash Pirates entirely to the new film universe.

BrianLo

I'm sure there's some component of lip service to Wall Street... but Iger said they more kind of care about how it all shakes out over years and not the first months depressed crowds.

Clearly neither TDA or fandom got that memo. It's been panic all around.

If we see no major percentage gains in attendance between 2018-2021 then certainly it will be deemed a disappointment.

Ismael Flores

so talking about Pixar Pier, did someone mention that they ended up putting up some of those ugly cumbersome freestanding umbrellas next to the benches in the “inside out” area.

so instead of a nice shade tree they put more umbrellas

Last edited:

mccgavin

Turns out Chapek is the reason why California Screamin was rethemed to Incredicoaster. Iger actually disagreed with this decision.

I'm not quite sure if that's what the report was saying. I think it's specifically referring to Iger not liking the name "Incredicoaster", not necessarily the idea of it being rethemed to The Incredibles

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom