News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

blizeH

Are you thinking of Disney World? (If you are thinking of -land, then your post is very funny, given the one immediately prior. ;)) Jury is still out on Orlando crowds in September, but there is another thread on that around here somewhere...
Whoops! Yes I was, thanks for the clarification :) Have been to both and still get them confused somehow

Ismael Flores

Did you see the Micechat photo update from two days ago (Monday)? They detailed the light crowds this past weekend and how easy it was to get in to Savi's, no one in the Droid Workshop, walk ups to the fast food counters, etc. Sales were obviously very, very light all over with no crowds.

Micechat's writers have been morphing this summer from the past few years of just offering Rah-Rah-Disney! smarminess and suck-uppiness (not a word) into some honest and fair reporting on what is actually happening at Disneyland this summer.

Current wait times at 3:00pm on a gorgeous summer afternoon, clear skies and 78 degrees in Anaheim:

Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 45 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 120 Minutes

That pretty much sums it up. :facepalm:

then you have the mouseinfo article that shows the crowds picking up and actually have photos from this past weekend. the micechat article used photos from a wednesday.

it is really varying depending on day of week and times. like i mentioned I was there on saturday and the parks were not empty. SWGE had decent crowds with some areas busier than others. as the day cooled down the land got busier and busier.

overall the parks crowd feel more comfortable but they are not dead like last month.

Ismael Flores

Interesting. I gotta go watch some videos on you tube to see if anyone recorded it. i wonder if it was recorded by John Williams? You have me curious to hear it. Thanks for the info

there are actually small areas throughout the land that have ambient music or audio. my favorite was also the outside eating patio of the eatery.

the other fun one is the garage across from the droid shop. they have it set up to make it sound like shop keeper is listening to some kind of radio.

weird thing is you can here the vehicles being worked on but there is no actual person.
something that should have been present for at least opening year

Last edited:

mickEblu

there are actually small areas throughout the land that have ambient music or audio. my favorite was also the outside eating patio if the eatery.

the other fun one is the garage across from the droid shop. they have it set up to make it sound like shop keeper is listening to some kind of radio.

weird thing is you can here the vehicles being worked on but there is no actual person.
something that should have been present for at least opening year

It’s one thing to have the sound of creatures or critters playing in a woodsy area because your imagination can tell you they re hiding in the bushes and trees. It’s another to have an audio track of spaceships taking off with nothing in the air or the sound of ships in a garage right in front of you being worked on with nobody there. Smh Lol. The Main Street window sounds work because the action is supposed to be taking place indoors and behind the windows. Not sure what the heck they re going for. It seems like a desperate move to add energy to a land that’s sorely lacking for the sake of “immersion” and/or because of Chapeks penny pinching.

Do you know now because of SWL, I have avoided using “immersion” on non SWL related posts? I hate the word and it has such a negative connotation for me now.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Luckily I had friends to talk to while visiting GE.

The area sounds and noises are abundant and mind numbing.

It’s actually awful how much racket there is.

Listening to this walkthrough, I want to plug my ears. Too much dumb, pointless “immersive” noise.

Agreed. Too loud and too much. That would work on a dark Forresty scene of a dark ride. Or just turn it on at night. Not midday with the sun out.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I’m just looking to make the land more immersive (because that’s what theme parks are all about I guess).

This is truly honest question from someone who has actually been there during both a preview as well as the first official opening day after the previews ended. What exactly does 'more immersive' mean? I see that phrase thrown around a lot but nobody actually spells out what it actually is or what would need to be done for it to be 'more immersive'.

TROR

This is truly honest question from someone who has actually been there during both a preview as well as the first official opening day after the previews ended. What exactly does 'more immersive' mean? I see that phrase thrown around a lot but nobody actually spells out what it actually is or what would need to be done for it to be 'more immersive'.
They’re buzzwords to sell the land. They don’t mean anything.

Disney Analyst

Haha.

But seriously we haven’t been talking much about Falcons capacity? Is that really contributing to the shorter lines. I remember reading it had a slightly below average to average capacity.

Has anyone figured out how often a pod is loaded? It's 6 guests per pod... Say they can load one pod every 30 seconds... That is 12 guests a minute and 720 guests per turntable an hour. So 2,880 pph. If it's every 45 seconds then I believe thats 1,872 pph.

Disney Analyst

Has anyone figured out how often a pod is loaded? It's 6 guests per pod... Say they can load one pod every 30 seconds... That is 12 guests a minute and 720 guests per turntable an hour. So 2,880 pph. If it's every 45 seconds then I believe thats 1,872 pph.

OH WAIT, is there an 8th pod per turntable, not on the turntable for accessibility? Or is it one extra per the two? Haven't they also been loading that compliant pod even when there isn't a wheelchair?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom