The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BuddyThomas

News story was on ABC Nightly News (David Muir, anchor). And apparently, some other large cities are also hesitant about their own power grids in this very high head/humidity spell that will go on for a few days. (As a general precaution only, maybe don't buy too many perishable items until early next week.)
Thanks for the heads up! I hadn’t heard this. Arggghh.

It better not happen on a workday like the one in 2003. At the time, I lived in the Bronx and I had to walk all the way from 50th Street in Manhattan to Fordham Road in the Bronx, which is almost 11 miles.

It also better not happen on the weekend, because we have tickets to The Lion King remake.

Basically, it just better not happen.

😜

donaldtoo

Wow! Happy Anniversary to them! Did you ever ask why they were not smiling?

Thank you...!!! :)
I don’t remember the exact reason (I’d have to ask them again, but, I think the photog wanted them to act serious, or smiling just wasn’t the thing to do for wedding pics back then, or something like that. I know in the old days folks were said not to smile because of bad teeth (although people can still smile plenty fine with a closed mouth 🤔😉), but, my folks didn’t have bad teeth then, nor do they now. There are plenty of other pics of them smiling.
Back then, in this part of the country anyway, a good ol’ Czech wedding lasted almost all day. They got married at an 8a mass, and the celebration went on well into the night. But, they were up early the next mornin’, and road-tripped it up to Hot Springs, AR. for their honeymoon...!!! :)

Rista1313

News story was on ABC Nightly News (David Muir, anchor). And apparently, some other large cities are also hesitant about their own power grids in this very high head/humidity spell that will go on for a few days. (As a general precaution only, maybe don't buy too many perishable items until early next week.)

I turned my air up 2 degrees higher... every little bit helps right?

donaldtoo

Amazing stuff! Seems like Emy enjoyed it as well. 🙂

Amazing, indeed...!!!!! :happy:
Emy seemed to really enjoy it all...maybe she’ll be one of those Mars mission pioneers in the future...!!!!! :geek:;)
I am just so very much into earthly flight and space flight, and all the cool science and tech involved...if I could afford a trip into space I’d do it in a heartbeat...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I someday want to do 1900 but the chances are slim and none as I'd feel funny doing it solo
1900 is a good time at breakfast and dinner, if our paths ever cross on a trip I'll go with you. Or since it is a buffet maybe you could just entice the boys that way. ;)

Stay safe!

You are definitely always welcome to come with us!!

Goofyernmost

My mom carefully separates all of their clothes and does five or six different loads with everything all separated. She recently found out that I only separate out the whites and run everything else on delicates so I can get away with only doing two loads. My gosh, the look of horror...
Except for socks I don't own any white clothing. I will go out on a limb here and say that I highly doubt that I have anything that can be titled delicate either. I haven't found anything yet that has colors that run. My socks still come out white and if they don't I will just toss them and go buy some new ones. I'm crazy like that.

donaldtoo

The other control rooms. You said you seen 2. I only seen the one that is used for training and monitoring. In the photos you show one small and one big room. Only seen the big room myself.

Yes, the first one we saw behind the handrail was the emergency MC, and then the next one was the one currently being used for the ISS.
Our tour guide at MC told us there were 3 more MC rooms, so 5 total.
Did y’all by some chance do both the Mission Control and Space training tours, which you can do if you show up earlier in the day than we did...?
Either way, I would love to see all of your pics...!!! :geek:;):)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , you may have seen that WDWMagic posted the schedule for D23, in Anaheim. Will you and Brad go to that again, or pass this time, due to your more recent trip?

We are definitely going! I have been busy looking at the announcements and peeking at what will be offered. There will be a lot of good choices this year. I'm excited about it but I'm trying not to count away the days of summer, because when I return from Expo I have to go back to work. Literally, we land at 5:00 am and I have to be to work by 8am. It is just boring inservice but still....

donaldtoo

I think I forgot and just uploaded to facebook and not here..

Shots from Houston's central parks.
View attachment 390733

View attachment 390734

View attachment 390735
Below Sam Houston's statue.
View attachment 390736

Johnson's Space Center.

View attachment 390737

View attachment 390738

View attachment 390739

View attachment 390740

View attachment 390741

a Long Horn event going on at the same time.
View attachment 390742

Great pics Cesar, thanks...!!! :)

We saw some deer, too...!!! :)

90F7793D-3833-4D95-8598-5CFDA3B556F1.jpeg

donaldtoo

Happy Anniversary to them. That is a great milestone.

I know what a great accomplishment it is due to how long my parents have been together. All I am willing to say is my parents got married in an era that WDW only had 1 theme park and MK only had 1 rollercoaster.

Thank you so very much...!!! :)
I hope your folks continue to celebrate many more happy wedding anniversaries, as well...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom