News D23 Panels

SSG

Original Poster
Friday, Aug. 23
  • 12:30 p.m. – The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at D23 Expo Arena
Saturday, Aug. 24
  • 12:30 p.m. – Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years at D23 Expo Arena
  • 3:30 p.m. – Immersive Worlds: Bringing Stories to Life in Disney Parks at Stage 28
  • 6 p.m. – Travels with Marty: A Conversation with the Sklars and Imagineers at Walt Disney Archives Stage
Sunday, Aug. 25
  • 10 a.m. – Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains and Spaces Between at Stage 28
  • 2 p.m. – Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Stage 28
  • 4 p.m. – Magic Journey: My Fantastical Walt Disney Imagineering Career with Kevin Rafferty at Walt Disney Archives Stage
  • 6 p.m. – Marc Davis in His Own Words – Imagineering the Disney Theme Park
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...xpo-2019/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q4wo0711190717190022C

malice

Oof, I’m going Friday and the lineup is barren.

Yes, a panel dedicated to the music of GE is quite laughable but there is music in the small dining area off to the side at Docking Bay 7. There are also super faint melodies I had to strain to hear outside the Ronto Roasters patio. Sounded like a distant radio broadcast.

Figments Friend

What, no love for 'Tony's Mountain' and 'Tony's River Run'....?
'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad' and 'Splash Mountain' are both celebrating anniversaries this year, 40th, and 30th, and they get nuthin'...?
:mad:
Instead we get a panel discussing the music of 'Galaxy's Edge' ( what 'music'..? ) and feminine elements you can feel good about in a galaxy far far away.
What the fluff....
Totally inept.
😴

Glad I decided to stay home.
I'll be watching the live webcasts 2,8500 miles away from the sweaty, stressed out hordes and likely gritting my teeth during the upcoming Epcot presentation / bombshell announcements.
'Galaxy's Edge' can kiss it.

-

Mac Tonight

What, no love for 'Tony's Mountain' and 'Tony's River Run'....?
'Big Thunder Mountain Railroad' and 'Splash Mountain' are both celebrating anniversaries this year, 40th, and 30th, and they get nuthin'...?
:mad:
Instead we get a panel discussing the music of 'Galaxy's Edge' ( what 'music'..? ) and feminine elements you can feel good about in a galaxy far far away.
What the fluff....
Totally inept.
😴

Glad I decided to stay home.
I'll be watching the live webcasts 2,8500 miles away from the sweaty, stressed out hordes and likely gritting my teeth during the upcoming Epcot presentation / bombshell announcements.
'Galaxy's Edge' can kiss it.

-
Now, tell us how you really feel??

TP2000

Friday, Aug. 23
  • 12:30 p.m. – The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at D23 Expo Arena
That has to be a joke. Someone in D23 has a really good sense of humor and they know how absurd this panel topic is.

They can't be this clueless about Star Wars Land and its faults and weaknesses. They have to be joking. Right? 🧐

Last edited:

britain

Friday, Aug. 23
That has to be a joke. Someone in D23 has a really good sense of humor and they know how absurd this panel topic is.

They can't be this clueless about Star Wars Land and its faults and weaknesses. They have to be joking. Right? 🧐

This is their chance to rebut those who are asking "Where's the John Williams music!?" (and to give liner notes for the cantina loop).

It should be interesting to see if anyone boos.

SSG

Original Poster
Friday, Aug. 23

"The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge"

liam payne fighting GIF

TP2000

Friday, Aug. 23
Saturday, Aug. 24
  • 12:30 p.m. – Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years at D23 Expo Arena
  • 3:30 p.m. – Immersive Worlds: Bringing Stories to Life in Disney Parks at Stage 28
  • 6 p.m. – Travels with Marty: A Conversation with the Sklars and Imagineers at Walt Disney Archives Stage
Sunday, Aug. 25
  • 10 a.m. – Behind the Art of Disney Costuming: Heroes, Villains and Spaces Between at Stage 28
  • 2 p.m. – Inspiring Women Behind Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Stage 28
  • 4 p.m. – Magic Journey: My Fantastical Walt Disney Imagineering Career with Kevin Rafferty at Walt Disney Archives Stage
  • 6 p.m. – Marc Davis in His Own Words – Imagineering the Disney Theme Park
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...xpo-2019/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q4wo0711190717190022C

Is it me, or is that lineup kind of underwhelming?

Aside from the hilariously out of touch "Music of Star Wars Land" kickoff panel, the rest seem like rehashing the lives of dead Imagineers, some vague filler stuff, and a mandatory sprinkle of #MeToo to remind everyone that John Lassetter was let go. The Haunted Mansion thing could be good, probably.

They still haven't announced the date/time when Daddy Chapek will get up onstage and read his Teleprompter.

Remember to do your Upbeat Smile and enthusiasm for the product, Daddy Chapek!

albertfinneyannie-1024x520.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is it me, or is that lineup kind of underwhelming?

Aside from the hilariously out of touch "Music of Star Wars Land" kickoff panel, the rest seem like rehashing the lives of dead Imagineers, some vague filler stuff, and a mandatory sprinkle of #MeToo to remind everyone that John Lassetter was let go. The Haunted Mansion thing could be good, probably.

They still haven't announced the date/time when Daddy Chapek will get up onstage and read his Teleprompter.

Remember to do your Upbeat Smile and enthusiasm for the product, Daddy Chapek!

albertfinneyannie-1024x520.png
Yes they have, you just have to go to the actual D23 announcement:

The fan-favorite Hall D23 presentation with Bob Chapek, chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, will take place Sunday, August 25, at 10:30 a.m. Guests will be treated to more details on much-anticipated attractions, experiences, and transformative storytelling that set Disney apart.

And I just re-read the Parks Blog announcement and the same is in there. They just didn't put it in the panels breakdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom