Trip Report The Tuvalu Chronicles ~ Chapter 25 *COMPLETED*

Welcome, welcome, welcome to my 25th trip report.

Over the past five years, I have loved chronicling my WDW adventures with fellow forum readers who share my Disney passion. Writing keeps the magic alive for me. Discussions that result from your comments are icing on the cake! I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read my posts. (And for those of you who have been following from the beginning ~ THANK YOU!!)

All my reports have been live, live-ish, or shortly-afterwards.....except one. In 2016 I wrote a retro TR detailing my first visit to the park that forever captivated my heart. You can read about it here. Or you can merely mock the photo below which is proof positive I cannot pull off wearing a hat.

7E346929-4002-4A40-B82D-5A96EF7476D0.png

Similar in style to last summer’s novel, this report will incorporate my June, July and August vacations. The ship has already sailed for a live report for June, but I may attempt some live updates in July/August. Or not. :hilarious:

Trip #1
Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: June 8-13, 2019
Where: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

118537E3-D4CC-4761-9D22-4CF84E735DEB.jpeg

Did we meet the Wicked Queen? Who got shoved in the Haunted Mansion? Did the rain rain rain come down down down? Was there an attraction evac? Did one of us really cause a ride to shut down?

Answers to come!

(Special thanks to @krisri18 for another trip report title! 💕)

Zé_Carioca

Could you let me know if there is anywhere in Epcot to get poutine without going to Le Cellier? Just had some for lunch, and can’t wait to have more when we visit later this year.

Can't vouch for the quality, since i've personally never had them, but I do know that Refreshment Port (in between Canada and Future World) has poutine and gets seasonal flavors for the festivals.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Doc Disney you’ll relate to this.....

Em has looked forward to having a Frosé poolside for a month (she did not get to have one last trip.)

For over an hour we watched the pool server (female) wait on/bring drinks to just about everyone on the pool deck except us. She never ventured towards us and I even tried to get her attention without success.

So I walked over to Geyser Point Bar and got my daughter her Frosé. The bartender ended up with a nice tip. 😉

CEE2F4B2-8F2A-4397-88E5-76D6CCF18BD2.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member

Em has looked forward to having a Frosé poolside for a month (she did not get to have one last trip.)

For over an hour we watched the pool server (female) wait on/bring drinks to just about everyone on the pool deck except us. She never ventured towards us and I even tried to get her attention without success.

So I walked over to Geyser Point Bar and got my daughter her Frosé. The bartender ended up with a nice tip. 😉

View attachment 390752

What a nice mom 😀

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Those are adorable, but was there anything in a purple dragon? lol
We will keep our eyes peeled in other gift stores!

August trip?? I'm gonna have to be on a Tuvalu lookout to score me one of the apparently famous Tuvalu cards! ;-)
You will if you’re there towards the end of the month. 😁

The Toy Story one would be great except for the creepy staring doll right in the middle...
Yeah....:oops:

Good morning and bon appetit! Another beautiful day at WDW!
I can see Em is wearing "our" pretty swimsuit, so in a way, I feel like I'm there with you girls! 😊
We talked about you while at the pool so you were vicariously with us!

Wow... it must be a good pool day!
It was a GREAT pool day!

DisneyGigi

We will keep our eyes peeled in other gift stores!

You will if you’re there towards the end of the month. 😁

Yeah....:oops:

We talked about you while at the pool so you were vicariously with us!

It was a GREAT pool day!

Glad you had a great pool day!

On the creepy doll, you guys have to see the movie if you haven’t yet. No spoilers but Gabby Gabby was a great new character. ;)

Doc Disney

View attachment 390752

You guys can now play our game of drink/no drink :hilarious:

coachwnh

Man, I'm not on the site for a few days and one report ends and another is already underway!!! I was looking forward to the live report, but I'm happy with updates. Enjoyed your review of the dessert party. So much has changed since our last visit. Started the planning for our first time back in six years. Bought AP number one this week! Three more to go. Planning on Late July 2020. Traveling to Eastern Europe next week, then Phoenix for a wedding. But, after we get back, its full steam ahead Disney planning!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom