Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Final Thoughts

We both had a lot of fun on this trip and were glad that we got to go. Honestly, I owe a good bit of credit to L. I know that I did all of the planning and booking, but if she hadn’t agreed to go, this trip more than likely would’ve not happened.

Now I’m not saying that all of our days were bad because they weren’t, but I can’t really think of any particular day/days that stood out to me as the best, so therefore I don’t have a favorite day.

The crowds were much lower than I expected. I’d never been during spring break before and I thought the crowds would be far worse than what we encountered. Don’t get me wrong, the spring break crowds were present, I just thought that it would be insane. I was very surprised with how low the crowds were at EPCOT on St. Patty’s day, which was on a Sunday. (weekend) Now it did pick up at WS later in the afternoon for a couple hours, but quickly went down once the evening approached. Our 2nd day at EPCOT wasn’t bad either in terms of the crowds. AK was borderline bad with the crowds and lines, but I believe that some of that had to do with Kali being down for a refurb. MK was no doubt the most crowded. (more on that later)

Even though we didn’t spend a whole lot of time there, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Music. I have officially declared it my favorite of the All-Stars. The inside of Melody Hall was nice and clean, along with the rest of the resort, CMs at the front desk and around the resort were very friendly, the layout made it easy to access the parking lot, and the theming is done better and isn’t as tacky as Sports and Movies. Like I’ve said before, we really liked staying in the Broadway section, mostly because of the SoA nostalgia. Would definitely like to stay in the Jazz section some time. Overall, it was a great experience at Music and I wouldn’t hesitate staying there again.

We also had very good bus service this trip, except for the ride back from DS. :mad: All but 1 bus (AK bus) were right on time every morning. I was also glad that we had a direct bus to Music each night coming from the parks and that we didn’t have to share with Sports and Movies. And, whenever we wouldn’t make it on the 1st bus at night when leaving the parks, another would be immediately dispatched and would arrive in a matter of minutes. That really stuck out to me, in a good way, because usually it takes forever for another bus to arrive.

So the last thing I want to touch on is MK. This was the 1st trip that I only had 1 day at MK. We usually do 2 or 3 days at MK, so I was kind of feeling overwhelmed. I’d spent countless hours prior to the trip trying to figure out what was going to be the best way to conquer MK. I finally came to the conclusion that I should try to ride everything at least once. I stuck to the plan and it worked out well for the most part. Yes, I didn’t get to ride JC, BTM, or AO, and there were a few rides like SW, Pooh, and TTA that I only rode once and would’ve liked to have ridden twice, but I did get to ride things like Pirates, Splash, HM, and Space multiple times. Also, I got to ride 7DMT (didn’t do last trip), the Liberty Belle, which was down last trip, and I got to see the Muppets show for the 1st time. The worst thing was the crowds. It was sooo crowded that day at MK, especially around Fantasyland. That’s why I kind of avoided the area for most of the day. Overall, I left MK feeling like we didn’t accomplished a lot, but now as I look back, I think we fared pretty well given the situation.

Well, I think that’s about it. As I said earlier, we had a lot of fun and a great time! It was nice to try some new things along with doing some stuff that we missed out on during our last trip. It was more than sad to say goodbye to IllumiNations, but I’ll always cherish the many times that I got to see it.

To all of you who stuck around, thanks for putting up with me over the last few months. I vow that I will never vow to start and finish a TR in a timely manner ever again. :hilarious: I really do appreciate all of y’all’s support and comments! Thanks for reading and I hope y’all enjoyed it!

Til next time
EBC2CCC8-E17A-49AF-8786-E790455DCF3C.gif

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks for a great TR!!! You visited so many attractions in the time you and your sister were there. It was very enjoyable reading your updates, as well as seeing your photos.

Glad that you and your sister had a fun vacation. :happy:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Thanks for a great TR!!! You visited so many attractions in the time you and your sister were there. It was very enjoyable reading your updates, as well as seeing your photos.

Glad that you and your sister had a fun vacation. :happy:
Thank you and thanks for following along! :) I always enjoy your comments! We did accomplish a lot for the short time that we were there.

Great TR!! Enjoyable as always!! I hope you go back soon!! :)
Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it! I hope I get to go back soon too!

First TR I've ever read and enjoyed it so much!
Thanks for taking the time to complete it!
Well I’m glad to hear that you picked mine to be your first and that you enjoyed it! Thank you for following!

Excellent TR. Great photos and commentary.
Thank you! I really do appreciate it! I try my best to provide good commentary. I believe it’s the key to a good TR.

Thank you for a great trip report!
As always, thanks for the fun report!
Enjoyed reading a great TR. Loved all your pictures! Thanks.
Thank y’all for reading/following! I’m glad y’all enjoyed it! :)

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Wow. I have so many mixed feelings about TS4. I’m not even sure where to begin. As one of my friends would say, it was forked up. (no pun intended given the Forky character)

1. Quit changing kid Andy’s appearance! I know 1990s computer animation wasn’t pretty, but be consistent Pixar!

2. Where’s Buzz? That’s what I kept asking myself throughout the movie. It was easy to forget about him because he was in what seemed like only a hand full of scenes. And is it just me or did it sound like Tim Allen was off? Maybe it was the way his 10 lines were written.

3. Forky. I think the writers have hit rock bottom.

4. The movie started traumatic and sad so it should end traumatic and sad? The ending is flat out sad and messed up. There’s no other way to put it.

But don’t you worry, TS4 will do just fine. It’s bright and loud enough that every kid in America will scream and cry until their parents buy them some of that Forky merch.

Sorry if that seems rant-ish, but I had to let it out. I don’t think it’s completely bad. There were some good parts and I thoroughly enjoyed Ducky and Bunny. (Key & Peele) They provided some much needed comedic relief. And, there was only 1 new God awful Randy Newman song in the entire film. But overall, it’s just sad plan and simple. TS3 was a great movie and it had a good ending. They should’ve left the franchise alone. Oh how I dread TS5 when it comes out in the next 10 years. That’s right, I’m calling it.

KBLovedDisney

Wow. I have so many mixed feelings about TS4. I’m not even sure where to begin. As one of my friends would say, it was forked up. (no pun intended given the Forky character)

1. Quit changing kid Andy’s appearance! I know 1990s computer animation wasn’t pretty, but be consistent Pixar!

2. Where’s Buzz? That’s what I kept asking myself throughout the movie. It was easy to forget about him because he was in what seemed like only a hand full of scenes. And is it just me or did it sound like Tim Allen was off? Maybe it was the way his 10 lines were written.

4. The movie started traumatic and sad so it should end traumatic and sad? The ending is flat out sad and messed up. There’s no other way to put it.

But don’t you worry, TS4 will do just fine. It’s bright and loud enough that every kid in America will scream and cry until their parents buy them some of that Forky merch.

Sorry if that seems rant-ish, but I had to let it out. I don’t think it’s completely bad. There were some good parts and I thoroughly enjoyed Ducky and Bunny. (Key & Peele) They provided some much needed comedic relief. And, there was only 1 new God awful Randy Newman song in the entire film. But overall, it’s just sad plan and simple. TS3 was a great movie and it had a good ending. They should’ve left the franchise alone. Oh how I dread TS5 when it comes out in the next 10 years. That’s right, I’m calling it.
To add to this, the movie felt lacking in something.

riverside

Premium Member

E & I were just talking about it this morning on our walk. I haven't seen it yet & was hoping to in the next week or so. Therefore, I really don't know anything about the movie. She said she wasn't thrilled with Forky in the least bit. I liked TS3 & bawled like a baby at the end. She told me that this is nowhere near as good as TS3. I'm starting to wonder if I should just skip it.....
BTW--The Lion King was good but not great. Pretty much everyone in my family left there kind of blah......

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
E & I were just talking about it this morning on our walk. I haven't seen it yet & was hoping to in the next week or so. Therefore, I really don't know anything about the movie. She said she wasn't thrilled with Forky in the least bit. I liked TS3 & bawled like a baby at the end. She told me that this is nowhere near as good as TS3. I'm starting to wonder if I should just skip it.....
I knew that it wasn't going to be great and I wasn't real excited to see it either, but at the end of the day, I was interested to see what happens. Please don't let my mostly negative opinions on the film discourage you from seeing it. You should go and see it. Just remember to bring vast amounts of tissues and prepare yourself to be slightly outraged at the end.

BTW--The Lion King was good but not great. Pretty much everyone in my family left there kind of blah
I don't have a deep connection to the original like most people, so therefore I'm not super crazy about about the Lion King in general. However, I do think that the computer animation in this one looks absolutely breathtaking. I probably will end up going to see it, but will most likely wait a few weeks so the theaters won't be packed.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Merch Review (finally)

The following are listed in the order in which they were bought.

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth CD (purchased from La Bottega Italiana)
I know y’all have already seen it, but here it is again.
4F6E71E5-8A8F-49C7-B02B-11456A2FE08B.jpeg
8E06FA6B-C664-46F5-B9EC-B2F0316C63E5.jpeg
DFF93306-EBF3-4DEE-850A-F551C68920CF.jpeg
AFF381E2-BDF5-4D14-B0D7-D8DEFAFD63E6.jpeg

Here’s the inside of the insert. It has some neat info about the meaning of Tapestry of Dreams.
EEE9710A-772D-4915-B6FD-622CCDFB6FBD.jpeg

63AECDFE-1381-4D0F-9BF9-E9A14AB775C4.jpeg

I’m still very excited and fortunate that I found this. I think it’s funny because I saw this cd on ebay a couple weeks before the trip and people were selling it for $40 used and $60-$80 new, but I bought it brand new for only $20. There’s no doubt that I’ll always treasure this cd.

Alpha Centruri Expeditions (ACE) pin (purchased from Windtraders)
703FDE5C-6ED7-4B5E-8075-F5CBB28674E4.jpeg

I really like this pin, and the backing. Didn’t have a Pandora pin but now I do!

Larry Dotson print (purchased from The Fjording, aka Puffin’s Roost)
57371198-3871-4B33-88BB-BC58FCEC4335.jpeg

I absolutely love this print of Walter! I literally just got the frame today. My plan is to hang it next to my print of Roy, which I still haven’t hung yet. :hilarious: Now I need to get the print of Roger and for Larry to get started on Lilly. :hilarious:

POTC Helmsman pin (purchased from the Emporium)
D47D6ED0-14BF-4C84-B1AD-C34EBA578791.jpeg

Can’t tell from the picture, but the detailing on this pin is really nice. Most of the POTC pins that have come out in last couple of years have looked amazing, and this is definitely one of them.

Mickey’s 90th Celebration pin (purchased from Disney’s Pin Traders)
8F64A470-7598-48DB-9A25-3294F66D9D6B.jpeg

There were a few different 90th celebration pins, but I liked this one the best.

Up next: More merch!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Merch continued

Pop Century pin
(purchased from Disney’s Pin Traders)
F9E4F8FC-F752-48D1-99D3-0BC5B524ECDA.jpeg

We stayed at Pop back in 2014 and I realized that I didn’t have a pin. This one came out a year later in 2015.

American Adventure Mystery Pin Collection (purchased from Disney’s Pin Traders)
2F085778-0A2E-4AEF-A55A-FE66E4985240.jpeg

This is the mystery set that I saw and couldn’t pass up. Besides, I was lacking the purchase of a EPCOT related pin. Couldn’t let that happen before I went home. :hilarious:

6A29411C-0CA4-4E5D-B39F-31146DC49E32.jpeg

56114D84-CFF0-4140-B29C-1E197F0E9A91.jpeg

Like all mystery pin box sets, there were 2 pins in the box.

00AA03DE-9C18-4527-AAD7-4244D8634D8F.jpeg

Obviously this one is Florida.

4D1C77A8-CAB8-4410-A368-8C46F6273DD6.jpeg

Some of the pins, like this one, are a combination of multiple states. This one is Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. This is also one of the chaser pins, which are limited to 200 each.
BA147689-9352-4E32-A9B3-40799115BD8A.jpeg

I really don’t care for chasers. I’d much rather have the normal color version of the pin.

This cool map of the states/pins also came with the set.
55CCE72C-566A-4E7E-900D-5F422DC10768.jpeg

I’m glad that I spotted this set. What surprised me is that it wasn’t in the display case with the other special/limited release pins. Instead, it was just hanging on a regular rack behind the counter. Apparently it was released in May 2018, but I didn’t see it anywhere when we went. I want to try my best to collect this set, but just like the HM Graveyard mystery set, I’ve not had an easy time looking for it online.

Up next: More Merch!

sheriffwoody

Merch continued

Pop Century pin
(purchased from Disney’s Pin Traders)
View attachment 392162
We stayed at Pop back in 2014 and I realized that I didn’t have a pin. This one came out a year later in 2015.

American Adventure Mystery Pin Collection (purchased from Disney’s Pin Traders)
View attachment 392163
This is the mystery set that I saw and couldn’t pass up. Besides, I was lacking the purchase of a EPCOT related pin. Couldn’t let that happen before I went home. :hilarious:

View attachment 392164
View attachment 392165

Like all mystery pin box sets, there were 2 pins in the box.

View attachment 392167
Obviously this one is Florida.

View attachment 392166
Some of the pins, like this one, are a combination of multiple states. This one is Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. This is also one of the chaser pins, which are limited to 200 each.
View attachment 392168
I really don’t care for chasers. I’d much rather have the normal color version of the pin.

This cool map of the states/pins also came with the set.
View attachment 392169

I’m glad that I spotted this set. What surprised me is that it wasn’t in the display case with the other special/limited release pins. Instead, it was just hanging on a regular rack behind the counter. Apparently it was released in May 2018, but I didn’t see it anywhere when we went. I want to try my best to collect this set, but just like the HM Graveyard mystery set, I’ve not had an easy time looking for it online.

Up next: More Merch!
Good to know they still have the states out!! I thought maybe they were done because I haven't seen anyone posting about them in the trading groups lately. I still lack 3 of them...maybe I'll get lucky and find some boxes in Oct!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Good to know they still have the states out!! I thought maybe they were done because I haven't seen anyone posting about them in the trading groups lately. I still lack 3 of them...maybe I'll get lucky and find some boxes in Oct!
Hopefully they’ll still be out in October. You might want to try DPT in DS. That’s where I got this one. Right now there’s someone selling them on ebay for $30, which is $10 more than what you’d pay at WDW, but the seller is accepting offers. There’s only 2 left, so I might as well buy one before they sellout.

Edit:
I just checked ebay and the last 2 have been sold. :cry:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom