News Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue replacing Liberty Inn

rle4lunch

No, I no longer order anything at Disney that claims to be BBQ having been caught out in the past. I am sure good BBQ exists in the U.S. but the stuff served at WDW is unpalatable in the extreme and I can't see any reason why it would change with the opening of the new smokehouse.

That goes both ways, friend. In my multiple visits to the UK I can honestly say that if a restaurant here in the States is serving authentic British food I walk the other way. Nothing against the offerings, but the food is quite bland.

On the flipside, BBQ has about a quadzillion different forms here. I think the moniker 'BBQ' is confusing for non-US folk, maybe projecting the view that the food is being grilled on an open flame (i.e. backyard bbq).
However, when they receive their meal that consists of dry or wet rubbed meat with an offering of bbq sauce on the side or poured on top, when in actuality they were expecting a kabob skewer with meat and veggies, they either; a. didn't read the menu very well. b. didn't look at the illustrated picture of what they were ordering very well, or c. didn't ask the CM taking their order what the damn thing tastes like.

Missing20K

No, I no longer order anything at Disney that claims to be BBQ having been caught out in the past. I am sure good BBQ exists in the U.S. but the stuff served at WDW is unpalatable in the extreme and I can't see any reason why it would change with the opening of the new smokehouse.
That's good to know. I had an odd vision of George Washington shoving smoked bird down George III's gullet. ;)

trainplane3

isnt it to make room for the art store from up front?
Yep! According to the employees in the Art of Disney (and I know the whole thing with CM info...) from October 4th it was supposed to close "this weekend" (so 5th or 6th) and have a "small refurb done to expand floor space for the art displays". I can't tell you the last time I was in that store so I'm not really familiar with the layout and only knew it was kind of small.

Makes sense but I'm not sure how much they're refurbing in it.

Mainahman

Yep! According to the employees in the Art of Disney (and I know the whole thing with CM info...) from October 4th it was supposed to close "this weekend" (so 5th or 6th) and have a "small refurb done to expand floor space for the art displays". I can't tell you the last time I was in that store so I'm not really familiar with the layout and only knew it was kind of small.

Makes sense but I'm not sure how much they're refurbing in it.
Im just glad the art of disney will be available. I love getting something for the house on each trip.

Rambozo

I'm happy about the replacement, Liberty Inn has been unremarkable since it's inception. Plus it will give us something we can't get everywhere.

Last edited:

Bocabear

I couldn't agree more...Especially glaring in the 80s when each pavilion had beautiful food, and you get to the America Pavilion and they have Gristleburgers and cold fries... Not the best representation...I was hoping they would replace it with a table service restaurant celebrating the regional foods of the US...That would have made sense and been amazing.. Get a few celebrity chefs involved to do each region...
But I guess a smokehouse is better than the old burgers and fries...

Epcot82Guy

This is what frustrates me!!!! Aside from some cringe at the name, this is a great enhancement of something that wasn't quite working. And a thematically appropriate addition (like Space 220). BBQ of this nature is VERY American, and a cuisine that's perfect for Epcot. Anyway, thumbs up on this addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom