Weirdest thing to happen to you in the parks.

DimpledDevil18

Weirdest night at Disney might be the first and only time I got to go to PI. I was on a Spring Break trip with my friend in 2004. She was old enough to drink, but I was still under 21. On our way inside we were approached by this kid who had to be somewhere between 13-15 who literally begged us to pretend that he was with us so that he could get in. (I think you might have been able to get in if you were under 18 as long as you were with someone 21 or older). Of course we were like No way!

This was my first real "clubbing" experience, so my older and more experienced friend stressed the importance of looking out for one another. She suggested a signal if we felt that a guy was making us uncomfortable. We'd tug on our hair and that would be a sign for one of us to come and rescue the other. So, we are at the one club (I forgot the name. I'm thinking Trax? Or something to that effect) that played mostly Top 40 stuff and had giant video screens. Anyway we are dancing and my friend starts talking to some guy. I'm still dancing nearby having a great time when out of nowhere this really creepy much older looking Asian guy pops up out of nowhere. He looked so out of place because he was wearing a sweatshirt and a baseball cap. So, I kind of notice him and try to move away but next thing I know he's got his arms around my waist and is trying to grind into me. Looking back, being older and wiser today, I probably should have stepped on his foot or elbowed him, but this was the first time anything like this ever happened to ,me. All I could think to do was tug my hair as my friend had instructed. Well, I tugged (no response) and i tugged (no response).... I'm literally about to rip my hair out of my head when the guy my friend was talking to noticed me and was like "Uhh... I think your friend needs help." Luckily he swooped in and rescued me from the weird dude. It was scary at the time, but now it's a really random funny story.

We've also had the experience of running into people we know at Disney. On our last trip, we got caught in a rainstorm in MK and we took refuge underneath the awning of the Cheshire Cafe. Who does my Mom see winding the corner, but someone that she knows through her job. Then on line for Voyage of the Little Mermaid my brother saw one of his coworkers as well.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I hail from a town of 3500 people. My dad and I were in line for Space Mountain - about to load. The train pulls up, and there happens to be a kid a year old of me and his dad from my hometown. Never saw them again the rest of the trip.

Also, I was 22, and my brother was 17 when we went to Pleasure Island. The guy checked my ID vigorously, but didn't even look at his. I did what any big brother should do and got him properly Disney drunk that night.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Anyway we are dancing and my friend starts talking to some guy. I'm still dancing nearby having a great time when out of nowhere this really creepy much older looking Asian guy pops up out of nowhere. He looked so out of place because he was wearing a sweatshirt and a baseball cap. So, I kind of notice him and try to move away but next thing I know he's got his arms around my waist and is trying to grind into me. Looking back, being older and wiser today, I probably should have stepped on his foot or elbowed him, but this was the first time anything like this ever happened to ,me.
I think a knee to the groinder would have been justified...

KBLovedDisney

Sorry but in my book God and the Bible trumps eco system. And snake I encounter harmless are not will be killed.
It was a serpent, and a serpent is not necessarily a snake.
Also, wasn't the serpent in the book translated more so of a deceptive trickster of a creature instead of your everyday household snake?

i.e. The Thirsty Cobra
YellowCheapAlligatorsnappingturtle-size_restricted.gif

:hilarious:

BoarderPhreak

...I'm still dancing nearby having a great time when out of nowhere this really creepy much older looking Asian guy pops up out of nowhere. He looked so out of place because he was wearing a sweatshirt and a baseball cap. So, I kind of notice him and try to move away but next thing I know he's got his arms around my waist and is trying to grind into me....
whats-happening-hot-stuff-18650998.png

zurj

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tell, a tell of a fateful trip. That started on a bus from POR to MK EMH. The weather started getting rough....

It was my first Disney trip since I was nine years old and this was in 2013, and the first venture into the MK since I was that age. I decide to go solo to MK since my family is exhausted after a full day at HS. This was back when Disney had legit EMH hours. It was 12:00-2:00 am in April. I go to the bus stop at Riverside, and it starts raining... like those storms you know about in Florida, but the whole trip to MK it is coming down in buckets, and I'm thinking that I'll be in the park getting soaked (no umbrella or poncho with me). Well, the rain stops as soon as we pull up to MK. I get up onto Main Street (remember, this is my first time in the Magic Kingdom since I was a kid), and the park has completely emptied out due to the rain and being so late. I am standing on Main Street just past midnight and I have the place to myself. I am walking down Main Street basically totally alone. Like, there is almost noone walking around. So I go from land to land walking on every ride I want. Start with Adventureland and do Pirates. Move to Froneirland and ride Big Thunder (Splash was closed). Go to Liberty Square and ride Haunted Mansion. Fantasyland and do Peter Pan. Then over to Tomorrowland and ride Space. Well, I've still got like 10 minutes left of EMH and I decide I'm gonna do Stitch's Great Escape. All the reviews said to not waste my time and that it was horrible, but I was like, "What the heck, I'll give it a try." So I walk in, and if you've ever been to it, you know there are 2 pre-shows. I'm the only person in the first pre-show, but in the second pre-show there are like 5 cast members there watching me... all staying completely in character, just for me. They are gonna put this whole production on for just me. I'm the only person there. So I ask one of the cast members (young guy, about 20 years old) what the best seat in the house is, and he walks me to a seat and puts me up front. The show starts, and of course I am in the seat where Stitch sprays me with the stream of water. As you know, the lights go out a couple of times during the show. The first time they go out, when they come back on and that cast member is sitting next to me, like 3 seats away, just staring at me. Lights go out again, and when they come back on, he's sitting down 2 seats away from me, still just staring at me hard. Lights go down the 3rd time, and when they come on he's sitting in the seat right next to me, just staring straight at me, face about 18 inches from mine, all wide eyed and everything. It was the most entertaining and unique experience I've probably ever had on any attraction ever, and kudos to that guy for keeping his job fun and giving me a great story to tell about. This was the only time I've ever been on Stitches Great Escape, and I think I must be the only person who has quite the affinity for this attraction.

sdemore

We were returning from a 25th anniversary trip in Jan. of 2010(10 days that I took during the school year) and the North East was slammed with snow. Our flight was cancelled and we were given another flight 4 days later. I had already taken extra time off and kept returning to the airport trying to get a stand by flight. While at the airport I saw 3 of my students and their parents returning to New Jersey from a Disney dance competition! We wished each other well and they promised to let my principal know I was trying to get back as soon as possible.
:angelic:

Last edited:

DimpledDevil18

Also, I was 22, and my brother was 17 when we went to Pleasure Island. The guy checked my ID vigorously, but didn't even look at his. I did what any big brother should do and got him properly Disney drunk that night.

Your brother was lucky. When I went (I was 20 my friend was 22) the security guard not only checked our IDs but made us repeat back our birth dates. (,Maybe because we both looked younger). Anyway to add insult to injury to me being just a few months shy of 21 I got a big UNDER 21 stamped on my hand and when we got to the bar they served my soda in a plastic Disney cup so there was no denying I was drinking anything alcoholic.

allymonkey

in
Your brother was lucky. When I went (I was 20 my friend was 22) the security guard not only checked our IDs but made us repeat back our birth dates. (,Maybe because we both looked younger). Anyway to add insult to injury to me being just a few months shy of 21 I got a big UNDER 21 stamped on my hand and when we got to the bar they served my soda in a plastic Disney cup so there was no denying I was drinking anything alcoholic.

In 1992 we went to celebrate my older sister's college graduation and my graduation from 8th grade. Despite the age difference my sister and I look A LOT alike- we have been known to fool people into thinking they are talking to the other sister. So security checked my sister's ID and gave her an "over 21" wristband. Security assumed we must be the same age and was getting ready to put a wristband on me too, but my mother jumped in and said "She's only 14" and ruined all the fun.

Yaya

Not weird.. But funny ...

It was probably 1997ish- we were at the magic kingdom and my dad let me hold the video camera (I was 8ish). I was getting some really poor shots of the marching band and out of nowhere this middle age man comes up, squats down in front of my camera, and starts giving a 'Disney News+ Weather report' for the day..
Then he gets up and walks off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom