Favorite off-site hotel?

BeautyBelle

I am thinking about planning a short trip with my 8 year old in March. I had planned on just staying on site and being in the bubble the whole time. But, if Disney does not offer some sort of room discount then I'm playing around with the idea of staying off-site and maybe doing a day or two at WDW and then maybe a day at Legoland or Sea World. Does anyone have a favorite hotel they would recommend? Thanks!

DISR

Depends on what you are looking for. If staying offsite, I prefer to have room to spread out, a kitchen, and laundry in the room. If those things appeal to you, I would look at Floridays or the Hilton Grand Vacations Club Tuscany Village. Floridays' rooms seemed nicer to me and the Hilton probably had a nicer pool and resort feel. Both are great/central locations for the things you want to do. BTW, I used the Hilton mostly as a split stay location...when going to Orlando we would sometimes add a Seaworld, Universal, or shopping day. When doing that, I hate to pay the premium for the Disney bubble. Once we were done with the outside activities, we would migrate to our Disney resort.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yensid67

First, I would advise you to look under the forum for offsite hotels to get a broader choice. But for my GO TO hotel, I usually stay at The Clarion LBV or a Rosen property, but assuming you want to be close to the magic, The Clarion Inn LBV is best...LAST TIME (2013) we went we got our room for $60/night with Breakfast buffet included! It may be a little more now! Its nothing fancy, just a nice decent room and place to shower. There are 2 pools, splash pad for the kids, a restaurant, convenience store a deli and a game room. 24 hr GUARDED security! 4 floors, elevators guest laundry. Disney Springs is so close that IF YOU WANTED TO you could walk about 10 minutes to Disney Springs!
My best sites for hotel rooms are otel.com and amoma.com I have used both sites and have had no problems with refunds, etc.

OTEL $481 March 7-14

HOPE THIS HELPS

Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
First, I would advise you to look under the forum for offsite hotels to get a broader choice. But for my GO TO hotel, I usually stay at The Clarion LBV or a Rosen property, but assuming you want to be close to the magic, The Clarion Inn LBV is best...LAST TIME (2013) we went we got our room for $60/night with Breakfast buffet included! It may be a little more now! Its nothing fancy, just a nice decent room and place to shower. There are 2 pools, splash pad for the kids, a restaurant, convenience store a deli and a game room. 24 hr GUARDED security! 4 floors, elevators guest laundry. Disney Springs is so close that IF YOU WANTED TO you could walk about 10 minutes to Disney Springs!
My best sites for hotel rooms are otel.com and amoma.com I have used both sites and have had no problems with refunds, etc.

OTEL $481 March 7-14

HOPE THIS HELPS
Thank you! I didn't realize there was a forum for offsite hotels.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Thank you! I didn't realize there was a forum for offsite hotels.
If you give me more info I can check things for you...your hometown, dates, any must do parks, how many days, plane train or automobile. Do you want to do any attractions on International Drive?(Madame Tussaud's, Sea Life Aquarium, Orlando Eye, Fun Spot, Universal?

EDIT: I have planned trips for about 10 friends and have found them a good deal...off site of course

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeautyBelle

Original Poster
If you give me more info I can check things for you...your hometown, dates, any must do parks, how many days, plane train or automobile. Do you want to do any attractions on International Drive?(Madame Tussaud's, Sea Life Aquarium, Orlando Eye, Fun Spot, Universal?

EDIT: I have planned trips for about 10 friends and have found them a good deal...off site of course
Thanks!! I'm still in the figuring out whether or not the trip is actually happening phase. But I'll message you if we decide to go for it. Have you played around with Priceline Express at all?

Upvote 0

yensid67

Thanks!! I'm still in the figuring out whether or not the trip is actually happening phase. But I'll message you if we decide to go for it. Have you played around with Priceline Express at all?
No, I have a go to site that I work with to find the best hotel. If you give me info, that could possibly help you decide if its happening! :)

Upvote 0

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
Have you checked out the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista? It's across Buena Vista Drive from Disney Springs along Hotel Plaza Boulevard. There's a skywalk that you can use to cross the road at the intersection. Stayed there a long time ago but it looks much nicer now than it did back in the day. Wyndham has spent some cash upgrading the place. They also have a free shuttle to the parks and a character breakfast. I've also stayed at the Radisson Hotel Orlando which is just outside the entrance to Hotel Plaza Blvd. along Apopka-Vineland Road (aka 535). Both of these places have rooms below $100 per night at various times during the year. I just looked at the Wyndham and they have rooms available for next week (I know you're going next year but this is a reference point) listed at $85 per night on Booking.com. There's a reasonably priced Holiday Inn close to the Wyndham, too. It's worth a look. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
When you say offsite - I interpret that to mean not on Disney property (not - not Disney owned).

Hilton Orlando on Destination Pkwy. One of the best hotel pools in Orlando.

If we are going with non-Disney owned I'll go with Hilton Bonnet Creek instead.

Upvote 0

wendysue

OTEL $481 March 7-14

HOPE THIS HELPS

Thanks for this answer to BeautyBelle. After reading this, I booked a room at Clarion LBV for 6 nts mid September for $421.00. :)(less than half of what it was for All Star Movies, which I then canceled).

Upvote 0

yensid67

Thanks for this answer to BeautyBelle. After reading this, I booked a room at Clarion LBV for 6 nts mid September for $421.00. :)(less than half of what it was for All Star Movies, which I then canceled).
GOOD FOR YOU WENDYSUE...you won't be disappointed! Just to be clear, you canceled All Stars?

Upvote 0

disneyworlddad

I play around with priceline express deals a lot. I can usually figure out which hotel they are offering by having two tabs open and using the sorting features. First sort to the area (like Downtown Disney Hotel, or Disneyworld area lake buena vista etc etc) then sort by how many stars it is. If it has free breakfast or parking make sure you click those as that will often narrow it down a lot in some areas. Then look at the rating by guests and how many reviews the hotel has. By doing that you can usually tell what hotel it is. Not to mention they usually tell you around what the original price is. I think the only reason more people don't do it is because the express deal are not refundable.

Upvote 0

wendysue

GOOD FOR YOU WENDYSUE...you won't be disappointed! Just to be clear, you canceled All Stars?
I did cancel All Star Movies and FP's for that time. We do have 2 day park tickets for WDW that need to be used by the end of December, so I might make new FP's for a couple days when we are staying at Clarion. I think we might get shuttle to Dis Springs and then to the parks from there. Not really sure yet, as we really hate planning that far ahead. Whatever happens, we will have a good time.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Go With The Flow is always good idea! But you may want to research more about a shuttle to Disney Springs to go to the parks!!!! Not sure but I think the busses stop running early, one way or another and its much harder to do that! I THINK to make this work you would have to take resort busses then transfer to another Bus or Busses to get back to DS! I would suggest to just take the Hotel Shuttle to the TTC and go from there, that is where they will most likely drop off and pick up since it seems you can get to the entire world from there! Just a suggestion

Upvote 0
The Clarion's shuttle bus is great , there is also a public bus that stops outside the hotel . It stops in the TTC and only costs 2 dollars per person . We used a mixture of these as well as the odd taxi from springs when it was super late at night. You are all going to have such a fab time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom