Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizgirl

looks nice, now if only those shops were more than just princess stuff, like they use to be.
It's the heart of Fantasyland, steps from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Cinderella's Royal Table. What were you expecting? Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Adventureland, Avatarland, Toy Story Land and Star Wars land aren't enough?

aladdin2007

It's the heart of Fantasyland, steps from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Cinderella's Royal Table. What were you expecting? Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Adventureland, Avatarland, Toy Story Land and Star Wars land aren't enough?

they use to have a broader focus especially sir mickey's... and bibbidi bobbidi use to be a neat original shop of different dragons, knights, and princess things...so yeah it was better. those other lands have nothing to do with it.

dennis-in-ct

Any chance it could have something to do with the demographic difference in WDW, locals vs. visitors vs. one-timers? It could be a smart decision.

When you're a hammer ("Disney is cheap!!!") everything is a nail -- I get it. It just gets old on these boards.

WDW has a committed yearly guest - known as DVC members - so this group of people who have forked over thousands of dollars and pay every year should feel annoyed or put off that the entertainment investment is not happening.

The idea that WDW just has the "once in a lifetime" guests and not the frequent guest like Tokyo or California is just not true.

starri42

The idea that WDW just has the "once in a lifetime" guests and not the frequent guest like Tokyo or California is just not true.
The most generous estimate of total DVC members that I can find is 500K. WDW gets 52,000,000 visitors annually. That's 1% of total visitors.

Even if we assume that number is accurate, it doesn't account for those who rent their points or use them at non-WDW properties or DCL.

Last edited:

N2dru

I can't be the only one who hopes the castle gets a new paint job for the 50th. Its been looking faded for a while now. Especially around the clock tower and those turrets.

djkidkaz

You’re gonna get your damn cupcake and a 60-second coaster and you’re gonna be happy about it!

I’m still in shock that the actual park we are celebrating 50 years for is only getting one new ride ( with a height restriction ). I guess it’s good that the other parks are getting built out and maybe that is how they intend to deal with the capacity issue at MK, just drive guests to the other parks to see all the new stuff. MK is so popular because it is so well fleshed out with so much to do for the entire family. The other parks need that.

pdiddy

Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed but I’m planning to visit for the 50th anniversary celebrations. Travelling from the UK. Any ideas when and how long the celebrations will last? If they last say 15/18months will it be any advantage waiting until 2022 or are you better being there at the beginning of the celebrations.
With it being October will they still do the Halloween parties?
Thank you in advance 😄

starri42

Personally, I would go toward the middle of the celebration. If it's going to be only a year (although Disney years are often 15 months), the first month or two are going to be mobbed by people who can't wait for it, and the last six weeks will be with (most likely those same) people who need to experience it one last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom