Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

TDogg76

I think this is severely needed. On a recent trip in June, my wife and daughter tried to get on the monorail at the Poly (line was out into the upstairs lobby). We waited two monorails and still couldn’t get in! At that point we got a Minnie Van and went back to our resort. I feel with the DVC additional at Poly and GF, this is needed!!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Haha I skipped a few pages, must have missed it. Great to hear that this will be happening.
35vn7a.jpg

wedenterprises

An extended path would be great, but I'm skeptical that it's actually happening here. They could simply be removing the path altogether?

Side note: are there "alligator fences" along the current pathway's waterline?
I was wrong! Happy to be wrong because it's much needed.

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
No way the canal goes...the water pageant is a completely different decision. I don’t see the work on a bridge to be a determining factor either way.

The reality is the water pageant is a loss. They really have no reasons to keep doing it

Here is a reason to keep doing it: The one Friendship Boat Captain who loves to yell "Ladies and Gentlemen...... IT'S KENNY RODGERS!!!!" when the King Triton float lights up. Our family still laughs about that guy.

NormC

A simple drawbridge like EPCOT is all that is required. A swing bridge would work nicely as well. It would only need to be open twice a day. I would love to use this walkway. Our home is BLT and my garage is the Contemporary.

Last edited:

lindawdw

My DH and I have been saying for years that they need to complete this path so we're super excited about this news! Our DVC home resort is the GFV and this will make our stays so much more enjoyable!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom