Rumor Tesla In Talks With Disney to Sponsor TL Speedway

DisneyCane

Tesla Model S - electric car catches fire after crashing into motorway barrier | Cars | Life ...

It will add plenty of excitement to the ride.
One of these happened near my house (right before I got off the highway coming home from WDW). Poor driver was alive but they couldn't get him out due to the intense heat and he burned to death.

Ponderer

True, but most of modern Disney’s sponsorships are connected to other lines of business like HP computers/enterprise solutions at WDW or Chiquita products being sold in the parks. If Tesla doesn’t replace GM’s current role as a vehicle supplier, what’s the hook for WDW Co?

They look to be an aggressive solar player, and they could try to use that as a hook (especially if they got involved with a future solar expansion), but I think GM would still find it too close for comfort.

Bartattack

I would've loved it, if it was true... but Walt Disney World Today tweeted about this rumour: "Hi, there! Thank you for your sharing your interest in Tomorrowland. Please know this information is not true. "

imarc

The track has been neutered more than once at this point, now down to a fraction of the length (and fun) it was in the past.

I would venture a guess that nobody is looking to dump a bunch of money into a ride that TDO has been willing to slash and chop at more than once and is hanging on by a thread.

I'd be great if a new sponsor came in and with it they added an elevated 360 loop and futuristic vehicles with cool sounds to get more out of the smaller footprint.

What's there now will only look worse if Universal does something with the Mario Kart franchise.

"Tommy, do you want to go 2 mph on a lawnmower today or race rainbow road?"

JJJ

I don’t see the motivation for Tesla to do this. They don’t really need to advertise (they’re already a household name and they’re having trouble keeping up with demand for the model 3). Plus, aren’t they still strapped for cash right now?

DCLcruiser

I hope they are seeing the positive response to the rumor and perhaps that will make Disney consider Tesla in the future, for anything.

the.dreamfinder

Original Poster
A simple search produces 1 tweet directly from Disney and 2 tweets from media who have spoken to Disney:

Remember, PR reps say things that are true to them at the time they are saying them.

(Not saying this rumor is true, but they did deny GotGMB, Tiki Room and CBJ and those are/were real projects)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom