Need some advice

CajunDisneyFreak

Original Poster
We are looking at staying some place different next spring. Can you guys give me some pros and cons on Beach Club, Boardwalk and both of the Wilderness Lodge Villas. Thanks so much

Karyn3

If you have kids ,you can’t bet the beach club. The pool is great ,walk to Epcot. I love wilderness lodge for its quite and great theming.you can’t go wrong with any of them . My favorite is beach club

correcaminos

Defends on the party IMO. I'm not a fan of SAB at beach club especially with little kids. Too spread out and over crowded. Slide is difficult to manage with little ones too. The quiet pool is very nice. Lots of nooks and crannies to relax inside. Views suck as a whole and balconies are more often useless.

WLs main pool is awfully cramped as well but the quiet pool is the best. So much to do there. Nice and quiet with great views as a whole. Great for MK lovers.

Boardwalk is okay. Pool slide is fun, but not great for little ones. Great CH and activities there. To me it is the noisiest DVC we have stayed in. Not sure why. I prefer being by the CH and quiet pool if possible.

Phonedave

I am with @helenabear on my dislike of SAB at Beach Club. However, we are very much in the minority. It does not appeal to me for all of the reasons she listed.

BWV and VWL are a toss up for my two favorite places. Lately however BWV has been winning, for the following reasons.

1) We are becoming less and less of a MK family and more of an EPCOT and now perhaps DHS family. So location comes into play.

2) Now that our children are old enough to take care of themselves, my wife and I have the ability to go to Jellyrolls while the kids do something else. It's not cheap, and it's not something we do every night, but it is a fun scene (at least I think so)

DisDadWoz

As we are more in to EPCOT we tend to stay more now at Beach or Boardwalk depending on the season as less at WL. Love the outdoor bar at WL but the pool is kind of eh. We stay at Beach in the summer as we do enjoy SAB more so the area by the Jacuzzi since nobody is ever in that section. Slide is good at times it's not crowded. Boardwalk in fall/winter when we don't use the pool as the "life" on the boardwalk is a great amenity. Plus a shorter walk to Ample Hills ;)

I don't know anything about Wilderness, but I can say that while Beach Club has it's draws, I think I preferred certain aspects of Boardwalk. Mainly the pool. It's a good size, wasn't too crowded (and we were there during Christmas) and we could see our oldest the whole time from a table next to the pool snack bar while our little napped. Beach Club would involve more following for parents if you have younger kids. The pool is really neat, but it's also really spread out. Other than that, the rooms are comparable, if you ask me, and the Beach Club does seem a bit more geared toward families with the restaurants and overall hotel set up...but my kids, at 6 and almost 2 really liked Boardwalk. We hadn't had them yet when we stayed at Beach Club, so I can't give a kids view on that, just my own. :)

pdude81

If you don't mind me asking, what size room are you looking at and what's the makeup of the party? How many adults and rough ages on any children. I might have different advice depending on those factors

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom