Who’s going to Galaxy’s Edge and when?

When are you going to SW:GE?

• Total voters

KikoKea

Haha- and now they announce the other ride in Star Wars land will be opening 5 Dec....the day we start our Dec visit. Wish I had bought a few lottery tickets the day I made these reservations last Spring.

PolynesianPrincess

We will be there 9/28-10/5 and plan to have 2 days at HS. We're going to TRY and utilize EMH from 6am-9am BUT I don't know how well that's going to go over. We shall see!

mgf

I am going within the first month, but not by choice. I had a trip booked for mid-September before they announced the much earlier then expected opening date.

Yup. I specifically booked in early September hoping (at the time) that we would get Gondolas, MMRR, and no Starwars. Now it looks like maybe limited Gondolas, half Starwars, and absolutely no chance of MMRR. What good is spending hours following detailed discussions on rumors if Disney is not going to play along with what we all think! ;-)

Janir

Next spring, 2020. RotR will also be open and we can save up a bit for that trip after next month's trip. That was the original plan and we're sticking to it. Upgrading AP's to Platinum just to attempt to snag a preview during this Aug trip isn't worth the money. Heck I could fly the DW and I to DLR in the Winter to go to SWGE and get no lines for about the same cost, including tickets, airfare and a 2-3 day Disney partner hotel nearby.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I only voted never, because none of the other options fit. I'm going eventually, but it's not a priority because I don't really care about it and have no desire to go out of my way to see it. It might be in 2019, it might be in 2020, or it might be in 2021.

Rogue1138

We just went on our annual trip in May, so maybe next year. Though we might push it off a year since we're thinking of renovating so we can eventually move down to the Orlando area in the next few years.

drod1985

Castmember previews at Disneyland were May 20-27 before an opening (to reservations) on May 31.

Castmember previews at Hollywood Studios are August 1-16. If they take the same break the AP previews would start August 20th. I'm hoping they don't take that break for you @Texas84

Wendy Pleakley

I would LOVE for this to be the case, but I just feel like that's how it always works out in Orlando. For example, "no one cares about Avatar" is something that is constantly said, but right now Flight of Passage is at 165 minutes. Slinky Dog Dash is at 95 minutes. I just feel like they handled the opening for Disneyland extremely well, but based just on how awful people act trying to rope drop Toy Story Land in Hollywood Studios, I can't see the Walt Disney World opening weeks/months going nearly as smoothly.

Again, I would LOVE to be wrong.

You can't really compare WDW to DL as the latter has far more capacity in that one park.

DHS and AK have far fewer attractions than DL does, so what they do have is always busier.

Is Slinky Dog worth hours in line? Not really, but there isn't much else to do so it's on everyone's list.

Darth Snips

Some family and I just grabbed a room at French Quarter for one night, 8/29. Planning on rope dropping the park at 6:00 AM on the 30th. We’re also holding out hope that maybe we can slip in the evening of the 29th. That’s probably a long shot, but hey, a guy can dream!

Goofyque'

Excited to see it in September, just went to DL version last week! Awesome ride, super land, and the "immersive experience" was way cool. Glad our son will be with us in Florida to Pilot! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom