Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

As a ‘tourist’ I largely expect to actually spend time in this land and not just transit through it because ITTBAB was a movie preview.

I even suspect most annual pass holders will add Spider-Man to their more often than not list.

All of which is actually a win even if not ground breaking. I am not a three year old nor own one. Formerly while a pretty little corner it was functionally useless as Bugsland to me.

This is kind of my take. I’ll “get more use” out of Marvel Land with the Spider-Man Attraction then I did Bugs Land. With that said, I feel like it’s a kind of narrow way to view things. Overall, I feel that Marvel Land will be a downgrade aesthetically and not have the sort of Disney charm that Bugs Land had. So in the end if Spider-Man ends up being TSMM 1.5 then I think my opinion will be that Marvel Land was a downgrade from Bugs Land. I’d rather walk through that little land with lots of little details and have the option see ITTBAB once a year then have another mildly better shooter than TSMM. Now if this was a groundbreaking dark ride coaster we re talking about or even the Spider-Man pendulum ride it would be a different story. The attraction would make up for the lackluster Chapek era design of the land.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I know my question sounded sarcastic, but I was serious. I haven't heard if they are trying to open Spiderman now when the land opens or not?

Nothing has been confirmed (I assume we'll hear more at D23 next month), but so far there have been no indications (as far as I’m aware) of a staggered opening. So unless something is said at D23 I personally expect Spider-Man to open at the same time as the rest of the land.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Nothing has been confirmed (I assume we'll hear more at D23 next month), but so far there have been no indications (as far as I’m aware) of a staggered opening. So unless something is said at D23 I personally expect Spider-Man to open at the same time as the rest of the land.
I'm pretty sure Disney indicated staggered openings at some point along the way. It was supposed to start with the restaurant/shops/meet and greets, I think.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I remember at least one or two splashy Disney Parks Blogs announcements/articles on it.
Yep just a couple Blog articles, with almost no actual details, and nothing else officially coming out of Disney. I could be wrong, but none of them mention a staggered opening for Spider-Man. In fact most don't even mention Spider-Man, just vague mentions of the overall land.

Everything else has been rumors from various "news" sites. So maybe you saw it on a rumor site.

Here is the last Blog which gives the most details about Spider-Man, no mention of staggered opening unless I missed it:

tikiphil

not sure if anyone has submitted this but i saw this crane from mater’s junkyard & thought the logo/WEB letters were neat!View attachment 389652
I think that is not a crane but the thing that is sticking up in the artist rendering. Anyone know what it is?
1560676220902.png

Jones14

I wanna say the staggered opening refers to the rumored E-ticket that has yet to start construction. That, and their stance that the land is already partially open because of Guardians.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom