News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The good news is that TSTSNBN loses face once again. ;)

I was wondering about something the other day: did the path/dirt road south of the CBR station towards Pop&Art ever get that surface treatment that the part through the trees towards DHS did? I don't recall seeing aerials of the work being done there. Wouldn't that path need to meet the same requirements for evacuation equipment?

Of course they are still claiming it will be carrying passengers by the end of August.

Last aerials I saw did not show that work done. I would think they would want to have that done before they start carrying passengers, but it wouldn't take that long to do.

cosmicgirl

Of course they are still claiming it will be carrying passengers by the end of August.

Last aerials I saw did not show that work done. I would think they would want to have that done before they start carrying passengers, but it wouldn't take that long to do.
Thought so, thanks for confirming it. If memory serves me it took 3-5 weeks, no? And that was on terrain that had already been flattened, or at least was in better condition. The strip looks roughly 20% shorter than the one through the trees from sat view on Google maps.

This was the most recent aerial I could find, June 20:

cosmicgirl

Sorry to post back-to-back but this is about something else.

Do we know what the green thing on the right door is? The yellow Mrs. Potts one has it, as well, but most don't seem to.

joelkfla

I am a little bummed that Blizzard Beach won't be open but that just means an excuse to come back next year. There is another gondola at Busch Gardens Tampa I will probably go see.
The Skyride is scheduled for refurb starting 9/30, so you'd better arrive a couple of days early and do it first.

BTW, in case you didn't know, you can get free bus transportation to BGTB from the Orlando I-Drive area if you buy your ticket in advance. In fact, I don't think they've ever asked to see my ticket the few times I've used the bus, but that's the official requirement.

Smooth

More of the same....

On September 29, Disney Skyliner gondolas will take flight and officially begin transporting guests around Walt Disney World Resort.

This state-of-the-art transportation system offers a new way to experience the resort with amazing views only available from the sky. Disney Skyliner connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot to four resort hotels – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort scheduled to open in December 2019.

a424962c-8ba7-4828-a7cd-087017b5f0ad.jpg

Some Disney Skyliner cabins feature graphics based on Disney films, attractions and characters. Disney stories taking flight with guests include:
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Pluto
  • Chip & Dale
  • “Coco”
  • Goofy, Pete, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow
  • “Finding Dory”
  • Haunted Mansion
  • “Monsters, Inc.”
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • “Ratatouille”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom