Citricos turning into V & A Bistro?

Rteetz

I don't know anything about this but it makes sense.

In my opinion the Grand lobby could use a freshening up at the very least. It is still enjoyable but after seeing what they can do with Gran Destino they could up their game with the Grand. It is supposed to be their top tier resort. I am not the only one who feels this way. I was overhearing a conversation in the Dahlia lounge with some people who said that the Grand needs an upgrade after this.

Kman101

The evil site claims Citricos is being rebranded and refurbed into Victoria & Albert's Bistro.
Any validity to this claim?

Apparently Uncle Bobby Chapek doesn't "get" Grand Floridian, If the site that shall not be named is accurate here ... I can buy it. Chapek feels clueless. He's right in that other hotels put the WDW ones to shame with customer service and you know, actual hospitality, but of course Chapek focuses on the wrong things.

ToTBellHop

If it's designed for us poor people, I hope it has characters. Maybe Moana and Maui at dinner as I consider the coconut cream pie after eating some fried hei-hei nuggets and fish te-kas.

This would definitely convince me to walk across the new bridge of questionable-composition from MK.

Spash007

Let's be real here - the article also mentions the Incredibles Steakhouse, which automatically reduces the credibility of the story IMO

DisneyDebRob

Will never happen to the flagship hotel on property. Forgetting V&A, it would leave them with one nice sit down restaurant? I’ve known people who have stayed and the GF and just switched between Citrico’s and Narcoose’s every other night. It’s staying. Of course I have zero information on this and only voicing my opinion.

FigmentFan82

Original Poster
Will never happen to the flagship hotel on property. Forgetting V&A, it would leave them with one nice sit down restaurant? I’ve known people who have stayed and the GF and just switched between Citrico’s and Narcoose’s every other night. It’s staying. Of course I have zero information on this and only voicing my opinion.
I think the implication here is that Citricos isn't going away, simply being rebranded as Victoria & Albert's Bistro. So you'd still have V&A Bistro and Narcoosee's as good table service options

ToTBellHop

I think the implication here is that Citricos isn't going away, simply being rebranded as Victoria & Albert's Bistro. So you'd still have V&A Bistro and Narcoosee's as good table service options
Will you still feel that way when Piglet in roller skates delivers onion rings?

At least they’d retheme it to the 100-Acre Wood.

durangojim

I would be shocked if they would include the words "Victoria and Albert's" in the new name. It dilutes the value of the original restaurant, especially if the new place doesn't deliver on quality and service. Also imagine how many people will have no clue that it's not the 5 star restaurant and tell their friends that the restaurant was simply fine or ok but not an exceptional experience. This is a fail on so many levels. I can see them changing the restaurant but if they include V&A in the name, they are idiots.

FigmentFan82

Original Poster
I would be shocked if they would include the words "Victoria and Albert's" in the new name. It dilutes the value of the original restaurant, especially if the new place doesn't deliver on quality and service. Also imagine how many people will have no clue that it's not the 5 star restaurant and tell their friends that the restaurant was simply fine or ok but not an exceptional experience. This is a fail on so many levels. I can see them changing the restaurant but if they include V&A in the name, they are idiots.
If this turns out to be true, it seems the thinking is that the V&A brand will strengthen this location, but certainly the reverse, as you mentioned, could also be an un-thought of side effect

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom