News Pixar Place will transform into a Metroville city block at Disney's Hollywood Studios

mm52200

It seems really strange to end this just before a busy season for DHS (Oct-Dec) when it needs all the capacity it can get. The timing made sense if they were going to replace this before SWGE, but obviously that’s no longer possible (unless they close it early, which they’re unlikely to do).

I think they might announce that they’re extending this (e.g., though the end of 2019 or something like that).
The Sept 30 end date all has to do with it being part of the promo and coming out of that budget. If after the 30 If studios wants to keep it and pay for it themselves then they might do that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they keep it to the 30th, then Pixar Place isn't slated for SWL crowd control. Or, it was, but not any more. Or, they close up Municiberg early.

mm52200

I think it could still be used for exiting guests as planned even with the incredibles. Just some slight changes needed.
Nope. That whole area behind the gate they perform in front of is the performer break space and the guests funneling out Galaxys edge would have to walk through that area and through the “stage area” of the dance party while it’s going on

ToTBellHop

Can I be real a second?
For just a millisecond?
Let down my guard and tell the people how I feel a second?
Disney is flying by the seat of their pants on SWGE. They don’t know how crazy it will be. If they feel they need space for people to dance, they’ll extend Municiberg. If they feel it just needs to be an entry or an exit initially, they’ll do that. It would be foolish to have “TSL is the exit” as the only option. My honest feeling is that management’s plan is:

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

peter11435

Nope. That whole area behind the gate they perform in front of is the performer break space and the guests funneling out Galaxys edge would have to walk through that area and through the “stage area” of the dance party while it’s going on

Those are the slight changes.

If they feel galaxies edge needs that space those characters, the dance party, and their breakspace will be gone.

From the aerial shots of the area, it definitely looks as if the area behind Pixar Place/Metroville is being kept up to be a backstage area that might be used for guests. There's an area like that off of Main Street in Magic Kingdom that many of the bands that come and march will go through.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, there's another option besides Pixar Place - Municiberg, that is the backstage road that connects Grand Ave. with TSL that goes past Municiberg. Put up temporary fences and shuttle everyone out past Sci-Fi if TSL is too full.

YodaMan

My understanding was that the TSL entrance to SWGE was going to be “exit only” (for the first few weeks), but not “the only exit.” Meaning, the Grand Avenue entrance was also going to be available as an exit. So, one entrance and two exit options.

While that may be true, I hope it isn’t. Operationally it could be a nightmare to let people exit and enter through Grand Ave. For starters, they’ll want every available inch to use as queue space to enter the land. Secondly, it’s incredibly difficult to explain that guest flow isn’t 1-to-1. If the land is full to capacity and there’s a line to get in and people see guests exiting, they’ll expect to be let in immediately. Much easier to enter through Grand Ave and exit through Toy Land and pulse in groups of guests as needed.

DHSCM

hardly worth noting but the screen over at the shindig is half out lol. slap together a cheap lil temp place in a backstage area for a few months and call it a new offering.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 10.52.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 10.52.57 PM.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 371

cjkeating

is this staying open now permanently? The hours for the Incredibles-themed bakery are listed through 2020. I hope it stays! it's a cute area and nice for The Incredibles to have a dedicated place in the parks.

Wouldn't surprise me... an extra bit of floorspace for when the masses descend on DHS for GE.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How about...they build an Incredibles area in sunset Blvd or animation courtyard. I think one more big land will fix DHS, in terms of the lacking ride count. I am happy with what we have so far though.

*Still would rather they built monstropolis.
I think they need to redo both animation courtyard and the Indy stunt show area to fix the park. They do need to add to ride count but also another headliner with no height restrictions would be nice, preferably a people eater. I would also love to see a water ride somewhere in the park for hot days. Maybe an Indy water ride along with shops and restaurant where stunt show is. That checks most of the boxes and then some things Pixar for Animation Courtyard.

aladdin2007

I think they need to redo both animation courtyard and the Indy stunt show area to fix the park. They do need to add to ride count but also another headliner with no height restrictions would be nice, preferably a people eater. I would also love to see a water ride somewhere in the park for hot days. Maybe an Indy water ride along with shops and restaurant where stunt show is. That checks most of the boxes and then some things Pixar for Animation Courtyard.

animation courtyard is nothing but a giant preschool stroller parking lot with star wars shoved in..., theres so much more they could do like stated above, instead of these temporary band-aid things like the incredibles dead end sidewalk.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
animation courtyard is nothing but a giant preschool stroller parking lot with star wars shoved in..., theres so much more they could do like stated above, instead of these temporary band-aid things like the incredibles dead end sidewalk.
Agreed. Incredibles was never intended to be a permanent thing.

My personal opinion, after understanding and seeing how Galaxys Edge will work, is that I would keep Star Tours a SW ride focused on the classic SW characters. Then convert backlot Express and possibly some of the backstage area to a SW restaurant and shops and move some of the launch bay stuff there as well. Then convert Indy show to an Indy e-ticket water ride, maybe another C ticket type ride and/or walkthrough area and some Indy themed shopping and food.

Then you free up animation courtyard to be completely redone to something different.

Purduevian

I think they need to redo both animation courtyard and the Indy stunt show area to fix the park. They do need to add to ride count but also another headliner with no height restrictions would be nice, preferably a people eater.

I feel like DHS has enough E and D tickets between: ToT, RnRC, RoR, SR, TMM, SDD, and ST. What DHS really need in my opinion is their "Fantasy land". and by that I mean a land with like 1 D or E ticket, 2-3 C tickets and 1-2 B tickets. I thought that is what Toy Story land was going to be when it was originally announced. Imagine if instead of SDD, we had gotten Saucers, Jessie's Critter Carousel(Disneyland), Slinky Dog Spin(Hong Kong), RC raceway, and a Woody's round up dark ride. We would be looking at a park with 11 attractions in the next year with:

3 E tickets: ToT, RnRc, RoR
3 D tickets: SR, TMM, ST
3 C Tickets: Saucers, RC raceway, and Woody's Round up
2 B tickets: Jessie's and Slinky

Instead we are getting a park with 3Es, 4Ds and 1C. I loved SDD, but I really don't think the park needed it or another big draw and I feel like the $200 million+ could have been much better spent.

Surferboy567

I feel like DHS has enough E and D tickets between: ToT, RnRC, RoR, SR, TMM, SDD, and ST. What DHS really need in my opinion is their "Fantasy land". and by that I mean a land with like 1 D or E ticket, 2-3 C tickets and 1-2 B tickets. I thought that is what Toy Story land was going to be when it was originally announced. Imagine if instead of SDD, we had gotten Saucers, Jessie's Critter Carousel(Disneyland), Slinky Dog Spin(Hong Kong), RC raceway, and a Woody's round up dark ride. We would be looking at a park with 11 attractions in the next year with:

Instead we are getting a park with 3Es, 4Ds and 1C. I loved SDD, but I really don't think the park needed it or another big draw and I feel like the $200 million+ could have been much better spent.

I don’t want to get in this debate about what constitutes a ticket level but slinky is DEFINITELY not a B ticket I could even make an argument that midway is an e ticket but I agree with that one...I do see where you are coming from though

EDIT: Just realized what Slinky you were referencing...lol sorry about that

GoofGoof

Premium Member

They need to add rides with capacity to absorb the crowds. Bs and Cs are nice to add too, but flat rides generally have low to very low capacity. I don’t get caught up in D vs E but they need more rides like the MK classic dark rides or headliners with higher capacity like classic EPCOT Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom