Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

JT3000

I don’t know. I’m a huge fan of parks like Cedar Point and Magic Mountain. My family has spent entire summers doing nothing but driving from one amusement park to the next. As someone who absolutely loves roller coasters of all shapes and sizes (as well as the more Disney style family rides) I still really enjoy IOA for what it is and find it quite thrilling. A ride doesn’t have to be a 400 feet tall roller coaster to be thrilling imho. But to each their own.

I have no interest in extreme thrill rides, I'm just pointing out that IOA doesn't serve the same purpose as those parks. There's already a common misconception among ignorant people that IOA is nothing but coasters and other thrill rides, ala a Six Flags or Cedair Fair park, and calling it a "thrill park" or being accepting of potential thematic problems for the sake of extreme thrills does nothing to help with that notion.

raven

IOA is a theme park, not a thrill park. Six Flags is a thrill park. It's not about being ashamed either, it's about protecting thematic sight lines, something they should be doing but have never been particularly good at.
How about them sight lines behind the France pavilion, eh? Or Guardians? Or even Haunted Mansion for that case? If we take your approach than Disney isn’t good at it either.

Tom Morrow

I have no interest in extreme thrill rides, I'm just pointing out that IOA doesn't serve the same purpose as those parks. There's already a common misconception among ignorant people that IOA is nothing but coasters and other thrill rides, ala a Six Flags or Cedair Fair park, and calling it a "thrill park" or being accepting of potential thematic problems for the sake of extreme thrills does nothing to help with that notion.
Sadly, a not insignificant number of IOA visitors think Hulk is "the only real ride in the park!"

Personally I think it's typically an unpleasant experience and I say this as a roller coaster junkie.

lazyboy97o

No. It’s your own approach. Most guests aren’t bothered by the tiny insignificant things that cause you to loose sleep.
If it’s my own approach, then I am consistent, which just further illustrates the nonsense of your constant attempts at “But Disney...” You’re trying to create a false narrative that those criticizing Universal excuse the same when it occurs at Disney, but don’t have a response beyond just dismissing it when confronted with similar criticism of Disney.

Tom Morrow

How about them sight lines behind the France pavilion, eh? Or Guardians? Or even Haunted Mansion for that case? If we take your approach than Disney isn’t good at it either.
It's odd to me that you're now pulling your "but Disney's" on a poster who typically agrees with you. Yes, we're all aware that Disney isn't 100% perfect with sight lines, but to suggest that they don't place a higher emphasis on them than UOR is delusional (or you really, really don't pay that close of attention) and their instances don't negate criticisms of bad sightlines elsewhere, regardless of how much emphasis one places on them.

To clarify, I'm of course not talking about seeing coaster track or Dr. Doom, but the fact that throughout UOR, if you simply look away from the focal points or walk off the main walkways, then backstage and infrastructure is prominent and obvious. It's less of a deal in USF, being a "studios" park, but still. Full immersion is not Universal's goal and never has been, but it's hard to argue that the experience would be even better if they did focus on it as well.

bclane

IOA is definitely on a different level and meant to serve a different purpose than a six flags park i’ll give you that.

Tom Morrow

I don’t know why you even bother to go to Universal or even troll the Universal threads here, Tom.
I don't troll. If you laid off the company Kool-Aid a bit you might be able to handle some criticism of your employer (who doesn't care about you at all and you're under no obligation to defend - remember that).

Last edited:

raven

I don't troll. If you laid off the company Kool-Aid a bit you might be able to handle some criticism of your employer (who doesn't care about you at all and you're under no obligation to defend - remember that).
My employer isn’t effected at all by Universal. Not sure what that has to do with anything but, like most companies, there are things at my job that aren’t perfect.

JT3000

BTW anyone know the meaning of bathroom pass? I was doing something and was asked if I had a bathroom pass. I should have went with it but I'm sure down the line I would have to produce something that I didn't have.

While waiting in line for Hagrid's? I've heard they've tried to accommodate people who've needed to leave to use the restroom when the line is super long, but I'm not entirely sure how that process works.

JoeCamel

I was with a character actor who was happy as can be that we texted her about the ride being open and low lines. Long story but my friend's son who is dating a character actor at Universal went with us to ride the ride and show off his girl friend I guess. So when she came out to do her meet and greet, we went to that and played around with her. BTW guy characters aren't necessarily guys. When she got off, son went to meet up with her which was about the same time that they opened the line back up so myself and the family went single rider line and texted those two that it was actually possible to ride the ride in a reasonable amount of time. They run over on got in line not with us but they were 10 minutes behind. Funny part and why I'm telling this tale is Universal employees in general did not get to ride the ride before opening and apparently you just have to deal with the lines just like everyone else. I agreed to that policy unless you are actually working that said ride.

BTW anyone know the meaning of bathroom pass? I was doing something and was asked if I had a bathroom pass. I should have went with it but I'm sure down the line I would have to produce something that I didn't have.
If you are with another party and have to go tm's will give a pass so you can return to your party but i have no idea how a single is accommodated tho...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom