News Tomorrowland love

sedati

Going by the leaked map image, it seems to me they're just going to remove all the crud ('94 futurisms) from the just-removed entrance sign and put it back up with a fresh coat of paint (and some modifications).
"BLAND-LAND" TM
Much like a fine rug, it was the spires that really pulled the land together. No spires...

Tank Man

I'm very happy to mention this.

It seems Tomorrowland has a new boss. And this person cares.

Basically if it is meant to work, there is now a push to have it work again.

Notice again the spinning blue lights above SGE and TLF? The Lno2 and lasers in SGE? Even the choc chip cookies and comets in Space Mountain? It will be a long haul but there is a concerted effort to improve show quality across the land.

This also spreads to subtle improvements. The rock work. The Space Mountain exterior lighting. Even the CoP sign and paint work, and the area BGM being audible.

Moral is higher now that things can be done if reasonably possible. It will take time but it is a great start.
Tomorrowland needs some love and it sure is getting some

Tank Man

Well, it's getting some much needed attention.
Though I guess you can make up a big bowl of Cream of Wheat and still say you made it with love.
True
But I would not love a bowl of battered wheat and cream that has shown age as it would be good to upgrade it and make it new and I would love it more but no matter what I will love hr

El_Tomato

Yep, for sure real. Freshly captured hours ago. Reposting one and posting additional ones in full quality. The previous post was compressed by the forum. Now you can really zoom in and get some quality out of them:
ueH32Bc.jpg

Q9OXXwR.png

4iHwIDq.png

Pnj8TLr.png

There's still a lot of progress to be made but it's really something else. Apparently one of the sides of SM is half way done with some bits of queue completed too.
It’s funny how, half a century later, this style of architecture still looks somewhat futuristic.

trainplane3

"BLAND-LAND" TM
Much like a fine rug, it was the spires that really pulled the land together. No spires...
It’s funny how, half a century later, this style of architecture still looks somewhat futuristic.
After running around the land for a little over an hour, I jumped online and looked at the current state of TL. I see where the colors came from and what they're trying to do but...I don't think anyone from WDI actually took a good look at the past.

I like the colors a ton. But seeing how they were originally used make the current implementation of them feel so off. The current MILF building looks nice with it's blues, purples, and whites that follow the lines of building. The Stitch side looks like a train wreck of orange and red, probably because they aren't following the buildings lines at all.

The various spires around the land tied the whole future feeling together. I know they aren't done yet but I'm curious how they're going to rework the land. WDI...you guys have buildings with unique styles...paint with the lines and the buildings will shine without all of this extra stencil work.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
After running around the land for a little over an hour, I jumped online and looked at the current state of TL. I see where the colors came from and what they're trying to do but...I don't think anyone from WDI actually took a good look at the past.

I like the colors a ton. But seeing how they were originally used make the current implementation of them feel so off. The current MILF building looks nice with it's blues, purples, and whites that follow the lines of building. The Stitch side looks like a train wreck of orange and red, probably because they aren't following the buildings lines at all.

The various spires around the land tied the whole future feeling together. I know they aren't done yet but I'm curious how they're going to rework the land. WDI...you guys have buildings with unique styles...paint with the lines and the buildings will shine without all of this extra stencil work.

Purple Wall works because it's monochrome. Had they continued the same treatment throughout Tomorrowland it'd probably look a lot better.

Tank Man

I am surprised to
It does look futuristic as that is a feel that some movies have gone but the main problem is that it has a bit of a steampunk feel in DL which will soon change and WDW has a cool feeling as well but they are adding more color and making it feel more Epcot like but with the normal never truly gonna happen vibe
The whole area needs a nice refurbishment but I think it is the rides and colors, the architecture is fine and it is unique and it makes Space Mountain fit jn
I wonder if Space Mountain will change to become the better DL one with more capacity and maybe some colors on Space Mountains exterior, can you imagine that
I think Space Mountain needs the same colors to make it stand out but colors across Tomorrowland do need to change, not the architecture

Tank Man

Yep, for sure real. Freshly captured hours ago. Reposting one and posting additional ones in full quality. The previous post was compressed by the forum. Now you can really zoom in and get some quality out of them:
ueH32Bc.jpg

Q9OXXwR.png

4iHwIDq.png

Pnj8TLr.png

There's still a lot of progress to be made but it's really something else. Apparently one of the sides of SM is half way done with some bits of queue completed too.
What did you make that in
It looks good
Looks like Planco

ImperfectPixie

this just confirms how 'all over the place' the new paint treatments have been. Also not including the metallic purple rocks. Ugh.
I'm not a fan of those either...they felt way more natural when they were shades of reddish brown. Now they remind me of Blizzard Beach and Frozen. Also, as an artist I'm not a fan of trying to fake a winter landscape - the tricks of light/shadow are too difficult to pull off in any kind of realistic form.

sedati

I'm not a fan of those either...they felt way more natural when they were shades of reddish brown. Now they remind me of Blizzard Beach and Frozen. Also, as an artist I'm not a fan of trying to fake a winter landscape - the tricks of light/shadow are too difficult to pull off in any kind of realistic form.
I'd think if "Tomorrowland" is the theme, then unnatural should be what they're going for. Something not of this world. Something from a future time. Instead, everyone here seems to want a New Mexico Office Park/Plaza.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I'd think if "Tomorrowland" is the theme, then unnatural should be what they're going for. Something not of this world. Something from a future time. Instead, everyone here seems to want a New Mexico Office Park/Plaza.
Fine. Then they should have done a better job at making it look like that instead of a failed attempt at ice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom