Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Clamman73

And please watch the rest of the video for more amazeballs.

This was basically me back then.
78CA8632-54E8-44AF-98E1-D5B17F618BC9.jpeg

RSoxNo1

Frozen was a massive box office hit that no one expected. Frozen Ever After as a C-Ticket Fantasyland attraction will no longer fly in contemporary theme parks. I just don't get why we are left with only 1 option when there are many options. Disney didn't do anything to milk that phenomenon for over a year. The theme park attractions came much later. I went to the Frozen meet and greet at Magic Kingdom, the sing-a-long at California Adventure, and the subsequent musical version at DCA too. Harry Potter changed the equation that grand single-IP lands are possible.

We already forget that 4 princesses were already showcased at Akersus for the character meals, Mulan and Dragon at China Pavilion, Snow White at German Pavilion.

The Norway Pavilion was the right opportunity at the right time and it fell on Disney's lap when the Norway government gave up on it. Corporate and Government sponsorships are on the way out. Government can't afford. Corporations no longer see the marketing advantage. This is Disney's theme parks and there's ultimately only one corporate sponsorship that is Disney. Frozen needed a bigger place to showcase itself. It became the theme at Norway.

Authenticity is still possible. It just get blurred.
Frozen Ever After is a disservice to the Frozen franchise and a disservice to World Showcase. I actually enjoy the ride, but it feels out of place and stripped down to the simplest version of what it could be.

Last edited:

Bender123

Magic Journeys was definitely a weird one haha. But from what I've heard (being born in '95 and missing it), it was pretty innovative and a spectacle for its time!

It was very innovative...If I recall, the cameras they used were custom made for the show...

I saw that movie enough times in my life to remember it was both visually amazing and weird. Looking back at it, it seems like WDI just took all the drugs and said "Well...we have this super expensive custom 3D camera and about 4 hours until we start coming down...so..."

RoysCabin

Ha, seeing people discuss Magic Journeys makes me think of the reaction I had when I watched the film in its entirety on Martin's channel, seeing it whole for the first time since I was a kid and it was still running in the Magic Kingdom. I was blown away by how many images from the movie stuck with me over the years even though I couldn't really place where they came from, like the witch against the backdrop of the moon and the circus scene. Since I was born in '85 I always associated the Magic Eye Theater more with Captain EO and HIStA, but Magic Journeys certainly earned its place as a true original.

Bender123

Ha, seeing people discuss Magic Journeys makes me think of the reaction I had when I watched the film in its entirety on Martin's channel, seeing it whole for the first time since I was a kid and it was still running in the Magic Kingdom. I was blown away by how many images from the movie stuck with me over the years even though I couldn't really place where they came from, like the witch against the backdrop of the moon and the circus scene. Since I was born in '85 I always associated the Magic Eye Theater more with Captain EO and HIStA, but Magic Journeys certainly earned its place as a true original.

Well...I dove back in and rewatched it. The visuals are striking, but there are some seriously terrible 80s effects...The "eye" and galaxy are just pure cheese. The rest of the visuals range from to "You smoked ALL of it????". Its disjointed in the way I feel trying to piece together a night when I get a bottle of tequila...like its there, but it makes no sense.

I genuinely hate the song...Its that creepy synth heavy early 80s that didn't quite excise disco. I know they were going for "wonder" and for me, the song is terrifying more than the images. It hits that uncanny valley of weirdness that just hits me so very wrong...Like it was designed to just make you feel uncomfortable. If it was re-scored to a real orchestra, I would guess that it would be much less strange.

I have to review this in two ways...
Sober me gives it a ***
Post alcohol and/or weed (Pending...for science)

brb1006

Well...I dove back in and rewatched it. The visuals are striking, but there are some seriously terrible 80s effects...The "eye" and galaxy are just pure cheese. The rest of the visuals range from *** to "You smoked ALL of it????". Its disjointed in the way I feel trying to piece together a night when I get a bottle of tequila...like its there, but it makes no sense.

I genuinely hate the song...Its that creepy synth heavy early 80s that didn't quite excise disco. I know they were going for "wonder" and for me, the song is terrifying more than the images. It hits that uncanny valley of weirdness that just hits me so very wrong...Like it was designed to just make you feel uncomfortable. If it was re-scored to a real orchestra, I would guess that it would be much less strange.

I have to review this in two ways...
Sober me gives it a ***
Post alcohol and/or weed (Pending...for science)
Already exists.

I actually enjoyed the synth music for the actual attraction.

Bismuth

Whaaaaat! :) Certain parts of the soundtrack are 100% a e s t h e t i c for me. It sounds like vaporwave before vaporwave existed haha! But I get how it can be kinda unsettling, sometimes the song is a bit of a bad vibe if I'm not specifically in the mood to listen to it. The bit that plays when the lionfish is on screen and when we're flying through the mountains is A+ though
I do agree that some of the visuals really haven't aged well, especially since 3D isn't the novelty it used to be

solidyne

Instrumentals for the album version of Magic Journeys just sounds like elevator music.
Yes. The arrangement there is fairly standard EZ-bossa, but it suits well the composition, which is somewhere between "Black Orpheus," "Feelings," and "More" from Mondo Caine.
I always prefer the sync version from the original attraction. It had a more sense of wonder while being mysterious.
Yes. It's the sentimental (somewhat square) melody, when coupled with the synth and reverb, that does it for me!

Tank Man

The DIS is reporting that 'multiple reliable sources' are saying that Inside Out will replace Figment at the Imagination pavilion.

I couldn't find this anywhere on this site. Does anyone know anything about this? Maybe this was one of the announcements they held back on at D23. I know this rumor has been around a while, but this is new reporting saying that this is definitely in the works.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...o-imagination-will-be-replaced-by-inside-out/
I see how it could work, but I don’t want it to work. Replacing Figment will be the last straw, he may not be his old self (same for Dreanfinder) but he was a icon of Epcot in its old days and guests may not care but we love him. He should return to his original form and be remembered as the rest of OG Epcot was not given the same chance

TJJohn12

I see how it could work, but I don’t want it to work. Replacing Figment will be the last straw, he may not be his old self (same for Dreanfinder) but he was a icon of Epcot in its old days and guests may not care but we love him. He should return to his original form and be remembered as the rest of OG Epcot was not given the same chance

There are literally 91 pages of discussion on this that look almost exactly like this comment. The rumor from 2017 has been largely quelled - at least in the near term. Read some of the thread before just replying to the OP, dude.

Inspired Figment

There are literally 91 pages of discussion on this that look almost exactly like this comment. The rumor from 2017 has been largely quelled - at least in the near term. Read some of the thread before just replying to the OP, dude.
No need for the brash rudeness. He simply put in his two cents on the rumor and his thought on the matter in general. No need to get upset with him for that. Who cares if others have had the same opinion or didn’t read the rest of the thread yet. It’s *his* opinion. Why not just ignore it and carry on the rest of the conversation like any normal person would? Just saying. Does it really bother you *that* much? Jeez. How about you lighten up a bit. These are Disney *rumors* and speculation we’re dealing with here. Let people say what they’ve heard, speculate and give their thoughts. If it ends up being wrong, it’s wrong. If it’s right, it’s right. That’s how it works. That’s the point of this forum.
For a former “Friend of Figment”. I’d expect much better behavior from you. Not the type of behavior I’d expect Figment himself would approve. Not to mention, for someone who used to literally run and operate a Figment fansite. It’s shocks me that at this point it seems you could care less about the fate of Figment, the fans, or try and figure out *why* exactly what’s going on is going on and what to do to help “save” him again. But I digress. Whatever... just a sad state of affairs. Disappoints me.

Last edited:

TJJohn12

No need for the brash rudeness. He simply put in his two cents on the rumor and his thought on the matter in general. No need to get upset with him for that. Who cares if others have had the same opinion or didn’t read the rest of the thread yet. It’s *his* opinion. Why not just ignore it and carry on the rest of the conversation like any normal person would? Just saying. Does it really bother you *that* much? Jeez. How about you lighten up a bit. These are Disney *rumors* and speculation we’re dealing with here. Let people say what they’ve heard, speculate and give their thoughts. If it ends up being wrong, it’s wrong. If it’s right, it’s right. That’s how it works. That’s the point of this forum.
For a former “Friend of Figment”. I’d expect much better behavior from you. Not the type of behavior I’d expect Figment himself would approve. Not to mention, for someone who used to literally run and operate a Figment fansite. It’s shocks me that at this point it seems you could care less about the fate of Figment, the fans, or try and figure out *why* exactly what’s going on is going on and what to do to help “save” him again. But I digress. Whatever... just a sad state of affairs. Disappoints me.

Have you seen the other threads that have been spammed of late by that user?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom