News Character Spot, Innoventions and more to close in September

Bismuth

Do we have any word on where Joy or Sadness are going yet? Keeping my eye on it so I know if they're going to imagination and whether or not I need to start panicking bc of that lol

Bocabear

Character Spot always seemed like a hastily thrown together temporary thing to get through a season or two...I don't think it really added anything positive to the narrative of the park or Future World in general...
now id each of the meet and greets were spread out and done with the detail of Sommerhouse, it would be a good thing..as long as it is not a replacement for real attractions... building a lovely Bavarian forest setting for Snow White, a real meet and greet setting for Aladdin and Jasmine, something for Coco or the Three Caballeros, Mulan etc... but is can't be instead of an attraction but in addition to...

HoldenC

Character Spot always seemed like a hastily thrown together temporary thing to get through a season or two...I don't think it really added anything positive to the narrative of the park or Future World in general...
now id each of the meet and greets were spread out and done with the detail of Sommerhouse, it would be a good thing..as long as it is not a replacement for real attractions... building a lovely Bavarian forest setting for Snow White, a real meet and greet setting for Aladdin and Jasmine, something for Coco or the Three Caballeros, Mulan etc... but is can't be instead of an attraction but in addition to...
Those are fantastic ideas!!

ImperfectPixie

FoN feels like the only "true" loss to me out of everything confirmed for demo, so it's comforting to hear they'll be building another one...But the placement of FoN was perfect & I'm a little disappointed to hear they want to stick this fountain out front. Spaceship Earth adds more than enough visual interest to that area, IMO removing the LaL tombstones and some proper landscaping is all that's really needed. Would much prefer the new fountain to inherit FoN's spot.

At least maybe it won't be a beer garden...fingers crossed.
The fountain out front was there before. FoN isn't being moved at all...it's just going away. :(

ToTBellHop

Epcot when they rip its heart (FoN) out:

trainplane3

Those are some of the little things that many guests appreciate but fly right over executive heads, who see no "value" in it.
I stopped by and was grabbing a couple pictures and as I was, people were stopping to look. Probably because I was taking pictures of the ground. The reactions were "wow this is cool" and "how did they do this?!". I sat around for about 10 minutes too.

The little things matter and this is only one small case of it.

FoN was completely busted. The "show" ran but only the outer "shooting" fountains were working. It was just a consistent stream for the rest of them. Sad.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom