WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

Just curious, do they advertise that as a Margherita pizza? Maybe it's just me, but I expect a Margherita pizza to have fresh tomato slices and fresh mozzarella balls/slices. They did remember the fresh basil though. :)

It looks delicious but I'd expect that pie if I ordered "a pizza with pepperoni, sausage, and fresh basil".
I've lived in Italy (and traveled to Naples where we ate a ton of pizza), and if you order a margheritza pizza there it NEVER comes with sliced tomatoes. It's Tomato sauce, Mozz, and Basil. With Napoli in the name of the restaurant it would be very out of place to have the tomato slices.

Even the wikipedia page for "Pizza" has as it's main picture what will look very similar to the pizza pictured here, and is labeled "pizza margherita"

Last edited:

docdebbi

Special of the day at Mama Melrose, beef "something".- absolutely delicious

DSC04272 (2).JPG

Prince-1

I've lived in Italy (and traveled to Naples where we ate a ton of pizza), and if you order a margheritza pizza there it NEVER comes with sliced tomatoes. It's Tomato sauce, Mozz, and Basil. With Napoli in the name of the restaurant it would be very out of place to have the tomato slices.

Even the wikipedia page for "Pizza" has as it's main picture what will look very similar to the pizza pictured here, and is labeled "pizza margherita"

Absolutely correct.

jaklgreen

I've had that meal before at Narcoosee's, and it was wonderful!

Same here. I thought the lobster was better then the steak and I don't really like lobster all that much. But I was on the dining plan and it came with so I thought, "what the heck" right. It was very good.

danyoung56

The first time I had it, I remember being so careful with the butter sauce. On my last bite I rushed it a bit, and a drip of butter landed on my light grey shirt. A very obvious stain, forcing me to call it a night and head back to my hotel (where my tired ol' bod wanted to be anyway!).

Ghostdog

Since we arrived in the late afternoon, our first meal was at Satuli Grill in Pandora. I had the chicken and beef with the potatoe hash. My husband had the chicken and beef with black beans and brown rice. We both had the green sauce (chimichurri) on the side.
E773A2C2-BB73-4C82-A6A7-1F5F9FF10FEB.jpeg

Best SNACK at AK...Mac n cheese with pulled pork. (This was so good I recreated it at home last night).
5260B010-09EC-4A1E-98D0-77B4C8B14E4D.jpeg

Ghostdog

Lunch at MGM aka Hollywood Studios (sorry but I’m old school it’ll always be MGM to me 😂). We ate at the ABC Commissary, this is our least favorite place to eat lunch. But we were pleasantly surprised at how good this salad was. Mediterranean salad with chicken and a Happy Daze drink.
B3DA23AC-E8FB-4D87-9904-68FEEAEAD24D.jpeg
01C678F4-2E9C-40AA-B00D-C292A23E4517.jpeg

Last edited:

sdemore

Thank you so much for sharing. We are planning a trip in December and have the dining plan and everyone's input helps with the decision making!🍽🍹😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom