Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
WWoS is a possibility. But Epcot shouldn't be too bad in November. The new tram lanes and front entrance should be done. That's an assumption, I have no info on that.

Major construction is expected to begin anytime. Innoventions closing maybe later than early Fall.

Rose&Crown

WWoS is a possibility. But Epcot shouldn't be too bad in November. The new tram lanes and front entrance should be done. That's an assumption, I have no info on that.
Oh I really hope not WWoS but I fear that’s going to happen. Maybe they’ll include MK more in this run? Really anything but WWoS lol.

surfsupdon

This course was always unique and focused more on Studios, AK, and I love that final celebratory World Showcase lap! Whatever changes occur I do hope that the World Showcase Lap remains...which was relatively new to this race but makes so much sense.

Figment82

Mmmm... I don’t know how I feel about the Half. It’s not “love at first sight” for me. I was hoping more SSE as a throwback to the original design. It feels really different when compared to the other 9. Maybe it’ll grow on me. I’ve seen far worse! 😂

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Been wondering this since the Epcot news was announced. I hope it doesn’t make the half course go from Epcot to MK and back that route is so boring.

My hope is since the EMH at Hollywood studios end the day before the half that means it’ll be the course with every park.

While the 6AM extra magic hours end on Nov 2, currently they have 8AM extra magic scheduled for the day of the Half Marathon, which makes me think it will be very unlikely to be going through any part of the Star Wars area and would seem (to me anyway) to be an interesting choice logistically if the route is similar to the recent Star Wars Half, because a lot of people would be jogging through the major guest queuing areas while hundreds of other people would be crowding the other direction, clamoring to get into DHS. You would think they would rather put extra magic hours in the evening for a half marathon day of all days!

As to the medals, I'm liking the half and the two course challenge medal too! But I may be a little biased as seemingly one of the only people that thinks the Three Caballeros overlay in Mexico is way better than changing it to Coco (after all, it's basically the only IP in the parks whose movies were based on educating the populace about other cultures and bringing people together, which fits with the original spirit of the World Showcase). But I digress ;)

Last edited:

RunningKoen

A bit later and the official pictures and post are out!

Click here for the blogpost.

5K:
1562953580509.png

10K:
1562953589570.png

Half:
1562953596536.png

Challenge:
1562953607488.png

Kids:
1562953631868.png

RunningKoen

I love the 10K design. The half is nice, but doesnt work for me :)

I assume rD orders some extra's challenge medals; they will most likely receive lots of request of people wanting a new one because the old one lost a hanger

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I thought the wine/dine medals are MUCH better than this year's princess ones...but that doesn't take much. 10k is Olaf & Sven, not princesses. I love the challenge medal with the dangly-things

Still Frozen. I liked the medals from 2 years ago much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom