Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

JohnD

Wow... a month and a half ahead of DL?!? That's interesting... I wonder the reasoning... do they believe it will have a bigger impact on attendance at WDW so they are putting all the efforts to open that one first? Were they able to implement changes they found necessary at DL faster due to being earlier in construction? Did conditions otherwise make it easier to troubleshoot in Orlando as opposed to DL? I'd be curious if anyone definitively knows the info.

I think because all the imagineers and construction workers are working on the WDW version to ready it for an August 29 opening so might was well continue working on ROTR while they're there. The Blog post even says that they'll return to DL when finished at WDW. I think it balances things out nicely. DL's SW:GE opened first with WDW's to open August 29. Then WDW's ROTR will open first followed by DL's. Both parks have a wait. No one can complain. Except those making plans, hedging their bets. I prefer certainty. So I'll probably plan a WDW trip sometime around MLK weekend in January.

JohnD

Let us remember these words after we have 18 additional pages of complaining.

It edited my post, probably while you were typing. I added, "Except those making plans, hedging their bets. I prefer certainty. So I'll probably plan a WDW trip sometime around MLK weekend in January. "

britain

Hmm...

Perhaps research indicated that one reason for the current soft attendance at DL was that a lot of people were waiting for RotR later in the year (as Disney said) and everyone was feeling like that would be later this summer.

If RotR opened late August at Disneyland, as @marni1971 said was the plan at one point, that may have been soon enough for people to put off going to DL until late summer, early fall.

Since attendance is lower than usual, perhaps now this is Disney effectively telling its Anaheim audience, "Stop waiting for RotR! It's not going to open for a good while, so come enjoy summer at the park now!"

Last edited:

rle4lunch

Honestly they’ve pretty successfully made it busy right through the first half of the month. First week of the new year stays busy, they top off the crowds for marathon and top them off again for MLK. Last week of January and first week of February are pretty quiet.

We always book the last week in January if we go in that month.

captveg

Disney has said nothing about virtual queuing or DHS, but insiders have hinted that there is some sort of plan for that.

At this point I don't see why they'd bother. This summer they learned that 10-hour line headlines means "smash hit" and overmanaged crowd control means "flop". With the way social media works the complaints about long waits and crowds indicates great success.

bubbles1812

WDW's Rise of the Resistance will open before Disneyland's on December 5th, Disneyland's opens January 17th.

Disney Parks Blog Announcement
Ah well... my mom and I have a trip booked Dec 7 - Dec 15. And that’s not a date I’d change even if I wanted to, as it’s a trip specifically for my mom’s birthday. That being said, I was really hoping RoR would open earlier to avoid so much of the heavy crowd. But we’ll make it work. At least a lot of kids are still solidly in school.

Thankfully I have no interest in waiting in line for the lightsabers or droids but I have a feeling it’s going to talk two-three half days to be able to do both rides.

Anyone know if there is a chance they’ll do the extended hours for December like they are doing when SWGE opens in August?

I know another person already asked this but I didn't see it answered. Do any insiders know how long it will be before they start using fastpass for this? And how long was Pandora open before they installed fastpass for it?

JP_GoBlue28

We have a trip planned for Nov.10-19. How far out do they normally start doing soft openings for rides? is 2 weeks to far out to hope for a soft open?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom