Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

JohnWD

Sure, but overseas you can't just catch a flight a few weeks before or you pay crazy money. Well the fool is me now. At least next time I'm there it'll be working for sure.
No fool! You just took a reasonable risk! The opposite would be waiting until it’s actually opened, then waiting to see the reviews, then waiting to see that it is up regularly. Then make your vacation requests, then make the reservations. That whole scenario would put you at the end of 2020 or even into 2021! So enjoy this October and also start planning for 2022, when there should also be a new restaurant, and maybe even MMRR.

Clamman73

The half marathon is on the 3rd November, which would mean they couldn’t have 6am EMH at the Studios that day, unless the route is going to be changed. They could continue them as of 11/4.

Seems like 11/2 was simply a good date to use for the first block of EEMH.
Well I was totally wrong... again as usual. Lol

danheaton

I wonder if they'll do FastPasses for these for a long time. The only possibility there is with everything basically moving to Tier 1, they might shift things back when both SW attractions are online. But I wonder if they'll play it safe for a while with FP.

eddie104

They're headquartered in Houston but have branches in both Orlando and San Diego. But I would imagine most of the work at this point has to do with sensors or software, either of which are quickly deployed.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems is a subsidiary headquartered in Orlando but the parent company itself is based in Houston. So that poster is right.

starri42

Didn't they say something about virtual queuing? Was that just for admission to the land in general, or also for the individual rides?

Brer Oswald

The whole point of Mickey opening in the gmr building was to put it ahead of star wars land to help with capacity. The delay according to some in the know here was to help with rise.
The way I came to understand it is as follows:

Earlier in the year, progress had fell behind to the point that if they kept working on it at the same pace, it’d be done by the Fall of this year. However, they wanted to open Galaxy’s Edge before the Fall. Opening Mickey 1 month after Star Wars would be a dumb idea (you don’t want to play all of your cards at once), so they delayed Mickey to space the two out.

Now this is just an assumption, but because they now have 10 months to finish a mostly complete ride, they could split their resources to speed up the process of another partially complete ride (ROTR).

KBLovedDisney

Um...this looks oddly familiar...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom