News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hahah I purposely waited until after the announcement was made today to respond. You seem to be very cautious with trusting any information unless it comes from Disney. We are part of a community here that includes insiders or just folks who have inside information. When I hear a rumor around here I tend to believe it (unless it’s ridiculous) as history has indicated they are right more often than not, at least the last few years. Through my life experience I’ve come to realize that where there is smoke there is usually fire.
Nothing against our insiders here, they are all very well informed and provide a wealth of information for us all, but nothing is done until announced officially from Disney. And even then its not a for sure thing.

So yes I've learned to be cautious with believing something because I've been burned too many times with rumors from "insiders" from many sites over the years.

However as far as ROTR opening dates I don't think I ever questioned any particular opening date rumor.

socaljoeyb

Weren't some DLR insiders saying the suits had promised not to force the RotR opening during the Christmas rush?

I mean, the thing's likely to be about as reliable as Rocket Rods at first. Make the cheap APs suffer through all the downtime drama.

I remember hearing about this before.... it makes sense. But I'm sure Disney would like to open it before Christmas to try to grab more one time visitors between Christmas and New Years.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You are right, they did say "later this year". Which is a mark they still missed.
Well in all fairness they never stated both coasts would open ROTR "later this year". Just that ROTR would open "later this year", which is actually happening in DHS. ;):p

I'm just messing with you. I understand its disappointing when you make plans around something that isn't going to happen when you expected it.

TROR

That’s one I didn’t believe other or maybe didn’t want to believe. I thought signals had gotten crossed and that it was just going to be a temporary overlay.
I mocked people who believed it because it was such a stupid idea. Part of me is convinced MiceChat made it up for clicks and Chapek saw and it said “that’s not bad.”

britain

Remember back when there was the hope that the land (and it was assumed, all its rides) would pull off an early opening for Thanksgiving 2018?

Ah, those were the days!

Disney Analyst

Some stray thoughts:

Perhaps they decided it isn't worth getting Disneyland's up and running as fast due to AP block outs, lower attendance, and lower hotel bookings? Prioritizing the tourist heavy resort first, then hopefully that month head start means a smooth opening for Disneyland's version, so they won't off as many locals and AP's, as they'll have descended on the park by that time?

shambolicdefending

So, do I have this right?

One of the cool features of MF is the separate ride systems that operate independently. Capacity can fluctuate, but it will be really rare for the whole thing to ever go 101.

RotR also has separate ride systems, but they're all dependent. Anytime one goes offline, the whole attraction is 101... and it's already taking months longer than expected just to get it open in the first place.

Stripes

Some stray thoughts:

Perhaps they decided it isn't worth getting Disneyland's up and running as fast due to AP block outs, lower attendance, and lower hotel bookings? Prioritizing the tourist heavy resort first, then hopefully that month head start means a smooth opening for Disneyland's version, so they won't **** off as many locals and AP's, as they'll have descended on the park by that time?
I think it's just that DL has run into some tech problems as well as Cal/OSHA regulations and the Imagineering team has to wait until everything is sorted out with that before they can begin programming, ride testing, and CM training.

The word has been that Disney wants ROTR open ASAP in DL, so I don't think the delay is anything more than out of necessity.

Disney Analyst

I think it's just that DL has run into some tech problems as well as Cal/OSHA regulations and the Imagineering team has to wait until everything is sorted out with that before they can begin programming, ride testing, and CM training.

The word has been that Disney wants ROTR open ASAP in DL, so I don't think the delay is anything more than out of necessity.

Possibly, but them to only be a month apart... and avoiding the Disneyland Christmas season/block outs seems suspicious.

Stripes

Possibly, but them to only be a month apart... and avoiding the Disneyland Christmas season/block outs seems suspicious.
Well, apparently there's only one ride programming team in Imagineering. So it's quite possible that they're figuring Cal/OSHA approval will be close to the time they're done in Florida and it'll take them 1.5/2 months to program the ride?

JD2000

According to MiceChat:

"The Florida version of Rise of the Resistance has benefited from being a few months behind the Disneyland construction schedule and was able to avoid some of the issues of its counterpoint."

"The reason for the delay is complicated and there are a number of factors impacting the attraction. But sources in the themed entertainment industry point much of the blame at Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, the vendor responsible for manufacturing, programming, and installing the trackless ride system."

britain

The opening dates are so close to each other... weird... Is it just a matter of WDI managers can't be in two places at once? Especially during the holidays?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Winners...

I have heard a lot about trouble shooting at WDW. I wish I could say the same for DL.
Not completely verifying this yet, just saying that it lines up.

Losers...

User on Micechat PhotoMatt is saying he hears April 2020 for ROTR...

I heard a rumor that they pulled all the programmers to FL to try and open both rides at the end of next month. Don't know if it's true, but I hope not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom