Trip Report 4 day Trip / A Few Firsts --COMPLETED--

I can't wait! this is my first trip report i am going to try to update during the day! Let's see how this goes!

Who
My Mom (Karen), My Daughter 9 months (Felicity) and me (holly)

Stay
Beach Club

Firsts
• Flower & Garden (for me - my mom went last year)
• Staying @ BC
• Going without my Husband (wishing he was coming with us!)

Day 1 (Arrival Day)
Epcot

Day 2
MK / BC Resort Time

Day 3
DAK/ HS

Day 4 (Departing Day)
Epcot

Looking Forward to…
• Flower & Garden! I can’t wait to explore!
• Taking my daughter on rides! (We went to Disney when she was 2 months old so we didn’t take her on anything! She is 9 months now and is so curious to the world around her!)

Last edited:

mariedarling

Original Poster
I totally thought I would be able to recap at the end of nights but between the travel day, the parks and having a 9 month old - I was so TIRED.

We got back home last night around 9pm.

Let’s go back to arrival Day 1 @ Epcot…

Our flight was an early flight and touched down in Orlando a little before 9am on Friday. Good flight down although challenging with a stroller and bags and diaper bags and baby. She’s a great traveller on the plane so we are lucky.

Took the Magical Express - we did have to wait quite a bit for it. My mom gets impatient waiting for the Magical Express which can make it feel longer haha

Once we got to Beach Club we stored our bags and hit Epcot right away. We had a fastness for FEA at 1 and Akershus for lunch at 1:55 (first time).

LOVED Akershus! Thought the food was good and loved the princesses! I would totally dine there again for Lunch or Dinner. I heard that the breakfast is only buffet. I liked that the appetizer was the only buffet element. My daughter loved meeting the princesses! It was really cute. I was delighted to see her face light up!

Interesting side note - we had a woman sitting at the table to the right of us alone (I know people do solo dis trips but this woman was not a happy camper). She was complaining to the CMs about the way they took her photo with each princess. It was quite interesting to witness. She was visually upset and acting like a child. I felt really bad for the CMs. And we kept running into her later in the day doing the same thing to a photo pass CM. Telling them how she wanted her photo to be taken.

We headed back to the hotel around 4ish because our room wasn’t ready when we arrived in the morning and we changed our outfits refreshed from the plane. Our room was ready earlier but we were on FEA at the time.

After the refresh we hit up photo passes for photos and wandered about Epcot. Got a few glasses of wine and called it a day! We wound up not being hungry after the big lunch and had a small snack at the hotel.

We never got our FEA ride photo. Pretty bummed about that.

Next up Day 2 @ Magic Kingdom

LeighM

Akershus breakfast is family style in addition to the buffet. They bring you the breakfast items (eggs, potatoes, etc) to the table as all you can eat. Plus, whatever they have on the cold buffet.

mariedarling

Original Poster
SORRY FOR THE DELAY….
Day 2 @ Magic Kingdom.

I got the idea to walk through Epcot to get to MK this day. Well it was a OK idea until we got to T&TC and had a wait a little to get on the monorail. I realized while we were in line for the monorail we could have taken the resort Monorail oh well, all in all we didn’t have to wait too long and we were on a Monorail before I knew it!

This morning we wound up missing our FP for BTM (sad face) it was just not going to happen my daughter slept in and we got a late start. Our next FP was for HM so we made way for that as soon as we got into the park.

My daughter liked it I guess haha she’s too young to really be scared by anything at this point. I do love HM it’s a classic ride. (My birthday is Halloween so I love all things spooky except for scary movies hah) and we got our ride photo! In the photo my mom was asking me where the photo was I was telling her “it’s right here”. Haha. She was convinced it was at the end.

We went on It’s a Small World and my daughter LOVED it! She was in awe it was so so cute. I wanted to go on it again with her later on but it got busier and busier as the day went on (Saturday of course). I can’t wait to take her on it again in the future!

We went to Peco’s Bills for lunch - probs my fav QS in MK. And we picked up a Mickey’s 90th Sipper for my brother! I did not realize how HUGE it is! My mom and I were cracking up. Apparently they restocked these under the radar.

Our last FP was for Meeting Ariel at her Grotto. Which was cute - never had experienced this before! We should have done the Ariel ride but we didn’t! (Next time for sure) We took some pics in front of the castle /purple wall and rode Pirates before leaving the park. We didn’t spend all day at MK. We had a 7:55 Citricos res.

Oh Citricos, we waited 50 mins for our table. Was not fun with a 9 month old. She was a champ though. I did tell the CM that we might have to leave and think that got us seated slightly faster - they told us they were running 20 mins behind at check in and well eating at almost 9 at night was quite annoying. Yes, Saturday - I get it but they should have at least given us some dessert on the house or a medal for my daughter for being so well behaved in the restaurant (See below for photo). Jk jk. They must have gotten “thrown” off earlier in the evening and just couldn’t get back on track. The food was as always delicious

Next up Day 3 @ DAK & HS

NessNewt

SORRY FOR THE DELAY….
Day 2 @ Magic Kingdom.

I got the idea to walk through Epcot to get to MK this day. Well it was a OK idea until we got to T&TC and had a wait a little to get on the monorail. I realized while we were in line for the monorail we could have taken the resort Monorail oh well, all in all we didn’t have to wait too long and we were on a Monorail before I knew it!

This morning we wound up missing our FP for BTM (sad face) it was just not going to happen my daughter slept in and we got a late start. Our next FP was for HM so we made way for that as soon as we got into the park.

My daughter liked it I guess haha she’s too young to really be scared by anything at this point. I do love HM it’s a classic ride. (My birthday is Halloween so I love all things spooky except for scary movies hah) and we got our ride photo! In the photo my mom was asking me where the photo was I was telling her “it’s right here”. Haha. She was convinced it was at the end.

We went on It’s a Small World and my daughter LOVED it! She was in awe it was so so cute. I wanted to go on it again with her later on but it got busier and busier as the day went on (Saturday of course). I can’t wait to take her on it again in the future!
View attachment 388365
We went to Peco’s Bills for lunch - probs my fav QS in MK. And we picked up a Mickey’s 90th Sipper for my brother! I did not realize how HUGE it is! My mom and I were cracking up. Apparently they restocked these under the radar.
View attachment 388366
Our last FP was for Meeting Ariel at her Grotto. Which was cute - never had experienced this before! We should have done the Ariel ride but we didn’t! (Next time for sure) We took some pics in front of the castle /purple wall and rode Pirates before leaving the park. We didn’t spend all day at MK. We had a 7:55 Citricos res.

Oh Citricos, we waited 50 mins for our table. Was not fun with a 9 month old. She was a champ though. I did tell the CM that we might have to leave and think that got us seated slightly faster - they told us they were running 20 mins behind at check in and well eating at almost 9 at night was quite annoying. Yes, Saturday - I get it but they should have at least given us some dessert on the house or a medal for my daughter for being so well behaved in the restaurant (See below for photo). Jk jk. They must have gotten “thrown” off earlier in the evening and just couldn’t get back on track. The food was as always delicious
View attachment 388367

Next up Day 3 @ DAK & HS

Your daughter is adorable!

I would have been irritated about waiting 50 minutes to be seated. I understand some delays but that is a BIG delay. I'm impressed your daughter handled it well!

mariedarling

Original Poster
Your daughter is adorable!

I would have been irritated about waiting 50 minutes to be seated. I understand some delays but that is a BIG delay. I'm impressed your daughter handled it well!

Thank you! :)

Yes it was irritating! We were both so hungry and at that point we couldn't even think where else would go to eat at that hour! They were having a tough night at citricos i saw the manager at a nearby table and the guests saying they were waiting for their meals a long time. We made the best of it!

mariedarling

Original Poster
DAY 3 @ DAK / HS / EPCOT

We went to Animal Kingdom in morning we had a KS FP and a Safari Meet & Greet with Mickey & Minnie. We had a nice relaxing morning in AK. We took a Minnie Van service to the park ( my mom really hates the busses. For 2 reasons 1. She hates they are SO cold. And 2 she doesn’t like waiting) I get both of the reasons but if you build in the time it’s really not that long to wait for a bus. The Minnie Vans are nice though I actually like talking to the CMs.

When we arrived at AK we went to Starbucks while I was in line my mom found a table outside and sat down in shade while the baby was sleeping in the stroller. This very nice woman sat with us while we drank our coffees and had a bite to eat. She was so nice! Turned out she was at AK by herself at the moment and her husband of 30 years was sleeping in and meeting her later! They were celebrating their anniversary guess we know why they worked out! ;) She was from Washington state. We all had a very lovely chat! We parted ways and headed for KS.

After the Safari we met Mickey & Minnie Outpost! My daughter loved it! It was really cute to watch her reaction.

We then headed over to HS Brown Derby lunch! Lunch was ok! I LOVE the watermelon salad with the bacon dressing! My chicken sandwich was OK. I felt like it was really dry. Maybe just an off piece of chicken tho.

After lunch we walked around Toy Story Land we didn’t have any more fast passes for this day. It was very hot this day! After wandering about TSL and the Incredibles area we headed back to hotel to relax for a little bit! We walked back to Beach Club from HS. The walk was not bad at all! Yes the sun is beating on you but there are a few trees casting some shade on the path! We hit up the bar and got some refreshing drinks to cool off in the room.

After we freshened up we headed to Epcot! We had a ADR at Chefs de France! Probably one of my top restaurants in the world showcase! Before we went to out res we did Test Track single rider! I went first and my mom and Felicity hung out at the toy story play area! Test track is fun and def always need to ride it. It’s my mom’s fav ride! I came back and we switched! The toy Story play area is really cute! Was great for my daughter to crawl around!

My mom and I enjoy our wine ;) so we relaxed and had a few lil glasses before dinner ya know… for appetizer haha Felicity fell asleep while we were having happy hour!

Chefs de France is really great! I love France (been to real Paris twice) and I love it in this restaurant I love that I feel like I could be Paris! Brings back all the wonderful memories. The food is really good there too! Every trip I find myself going back to Chefs de France!

Side Note: Last year we did try Monsieur Paul - I thought the atmosphere was lacking/ too quiet and the food was good but I wasn’t crazy impressed (and I was pregnant at the time haha)

We wrapped up there and headed back to the hotel. As we were leaving illuminations was about 5/6 mins from starting. We actually got out of the park and watched from the bridge on the way to Boardwalk Inn. Fun experience!

UP NEXT DEPARTING DAY MORNING @ EPCOT

mariedarling

Original Poster
DEPARTING DAY MORNING @ EPCOT

The departing day is always a whirlwind. I’m sad to be leaving but at the same time I have overwhelming urge to just wanting to be HOME. We had a Soarin’ FP this morning! We wanted to make the best of it so we got over to the park and took turns going on Soarin’! Love that ride! I actually got to jump ahead a bunch of people because a CM asked for a single rider! Score!

After Soarin’ we rode Nemo and walked around the aquarium. It is a nice aquarium they have there! After that we wandered into the World Showcase and my mom got a Pineapple Champagne (too sweet for me) but she liked it!
As we made our way to the IG to go back to the hotel we saw the Alice meet & greet! The line wasn’t to long so we hopped in line! She was very sweet and called my daughter a “wildflower” hehe I love that.

We headed out to catch the ME to the airport.
Overall, really fun trip and i think we did a lot! This trip was heavy on Epcot and I am glad we did that because a lot of it is going under renos now and in the future. I want to spend more time at MK next trip. WINK WINK😉

Thanks for reading along!

sheriffwoody

Aww I loved this!!! Almost makes me wish we were bringing our little girl with us in October. She'll be 9 months, but she's not a very flexible baby 🙃 But the photos of your girl with the characters are just precious!! Ugh she is just so adorable 🥰

mariedarling

Original Poster
Aww I loved this!!! Almost makes me wish we were bringing our little girl with us in October. She'll be 9 months, but she's not a very flexible baby 🙃 But the photos of your girl with the characters are just precious!! Ugh she is just so adorable 🥰

Thank you! It was def a lot of work! Luckily she gets super distracted people watching! haha

We are going again in August and she will be one! I am 100% getting more nervous! She's on the verge of walking now so it will be very interesting!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Thank you! It was def a lot of work! Luckily she gets super distracted people watching! haha

We are going again in August and she will be one! I am 100% getting more nervous! She's on the verge of walking now so it will be very interesting!
My oldest learned to walk in Disneyland. Or should I say he learned to run!
Memories...
Thanks for the TR and how did you get your pictures like that?? So cool!😎

mariedarling

Original Poster
My oldest learned to walk in Disneyland. Or should I say he learned to run!
Memories...
Thanks for the TR and how did you get your pictures like that?? So cool!😎

OH that is so cool! Most likely she will be walking before we get there! but who knows! would be cool to learn to walk in WDW!

I created the photos that way in Photoshop so i could share more without taking up too much height! (I'm a Graphic/UX Designer by day ;))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom