News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which is ironic as money has nothing to do with morals and honesty either.
There are plenty of horrible persons who happen to have money.

I would venture to say that percentage on the whole is significantly higher.

Who in history has accumulated wealth without cutting throats?...just without the ship, sword and eyepatch🏴‍☠️

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure if this is true or not, but I just read that the fight after exiting Toontown continues near Pixie Hollow and then in the parking structure.

I also read that the main guy in the video was an ex Raider. 🤷‍♀️

Why wouldn’t it? Since 5 “Disney security” and about 4 managers really didn’t intervene at all...just kinda hoped it would go away.

I have little doubt that they trailed them in “non-confrontational” manner as well...hoping the Anaheim PD would bail them out...

donaldtoo

>>Security experts say Disneyland followed established safety protocols during a vicious family brawl that broke out in the Toontown area of the Anaheim theme park over the Fourth of July weekend.

The response by Disneyland security to the Toontown fight was “really fast,” said Michael Downing of Oak View Group, a Los Angeles-based firm that provides security for large sports and entertainment venues.

“It seemed like they followed all their emergency procedures and standard operating procedures,” said Downing, a retired deputy chief who worked for the Los Angeles Police Department for 35 years. “They did exactly as they were supposed to do.”

A four-minute viral video of the Toontown brawl posted on YouTube has been viewed more than 2 million times.

Retired police officer and security expert Ron Martinelli was surprised that the fight lasted for three to four minutes.

“I was pretty surprised that situation went for as long as it did without a response from security,” said Martinelli, a police and security practices expert with Texas-based Martinelli & Associates. However, he also said Disneyland has a reputation for maintaining a safe environment in the park.

“Disneyland does a pretty darn good job,” he said. “They are probably one of the premier proactive security and premises liability facilities in the United States.

“Picture Disneyland like a town and picture Disneyland security as a police department,” he added. “Just like any other police department, where you have the most crime or where you have the most incidents, you put the most police. And that’s where you have the most mitigation strategies — (closed-circuit TV), uniform people. Because they act as a deterrent.”

The video shows the fight start and stop several times while Disneyland visitors look on in shock. About a minute into the video a female bystander shouts: “Call security!” A moment later a Disneyland janitor steps in to try to break up the fight without success. Other Disneyland employees can be seen making calls on their smartphones.

Downing said Disneyland’s non-security employees have two key jobs during a fight involving visitors: Serve as good witnesses and make sure other guests are protected.

About 90 seconds into the video a female bystander asks out loud: “Where’s security at Disney?”

Disneyland visitors repeatedly stepped in to try to stop the fight to no avail. As a retired police officer, Martinelli would not have gotten involved in the Toontown fight without knowing anything about those involved.

“It only takes a millisecond to get seriously injured or even killed,” said Martinelli, a former San Jose Police Department officer with 25 years of experience.

Disneyland officials said a security officer responded to the Toontown fight within a minute or so of receiving the report and immediately called for backup. The first Disneyland security officer on the scene secured the perimeter, maintained the safety of theme park visitors and called Anaheim Police for assistance, theme park officials said.

Two and half minutes into the fight the first Disneyland security officer can be seen on the video.

“My expectation would be for the first person to arrive to do exactly what she did,” Downing said. “She set up a perimeter to protect the other guests, assessed the situation and made a call for backup.”

The first security officer on the scene can be seen talking on a radio and stepping back from the fight as half a dozen bystanders intervene in the brawl.

“She assessed what was going on and she made a decision not to engage,” Downing said. “She probably would’ve gotten beat up if she had engaged.”

Once backup arrived, Disneyland security intervened to de-escalate the situation, theme park officials said.

At just over 3 minutes into the video a group of uniformed and plain clothes Disneyland security officers can be seen arriving at the scene of the fight. The Disneyland security officers spoke to those involved in the family brawl and monitored them closely.

“Once backup arrived, they intervened,” Downing said. “They used verbal commands. They had to physically restrain a couple of the people. Then a couple of minutes after that Anaheim PD arrived.”

Disneyland officials said the theme park takes a comprehensive approach to security and has been working closely with Anaheim Police since the fight.

“Any type of violence is inexcusable and will not be tolerated,” Disneyland officials said in a prepared statement. “Disneyland Resort security responded appropriately within minutes and immediately called Anaheim Police Department for assistance. Those involved were removed from the premises and turned over to Anaheim P.D.”

Disneyland can proactively discourage people from fighting but the theme park can’t prevent family disputes, Martinelli said.

“Just like every other place, you can’t mitigate bad behavior. You’re going to have people with bad behavior and they show up everywhere, even at Disneyland,” Martinelli said. “There is no mitigation strategy, there is no security device, there is no policy, there is no procedure that can stop something once it happens.”<<

Good flippin’ grief.
We coulda’ fertilized all combined 450+ acres of both my grandparents farms with that massive load of Bravo Sierra.

TP2000

I know I said I was logging out of this topic, but... I'm logging back in this evening.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to laugh about this messy mess. And this part is funny. :D

I was watching the Hannity show tonight on Fox News, and Mr. Hannity covered this fight and showed the video. The Fox News correspondent from the West Coast reporting on Hannity's show noted that one of the security guards responding to the scene was zipping up his pants.

And it's true!

Watch the uniformed security guard in the blue shirt arrive from the right of the screen at this point in the video below. That guy is zipping up his fly as he tries to figure out what to do! So funny!!! Stay classy Disneyland! :rolleyes:

Remind me to not be at Disneyland when a truly major problem happens. The Disneyland security team is clearly not prepared to handle anything more serious than a pair of sewing scissors accidentally left in a diaper bag at the metal detectors.

Last edited:

TP2000

Not sure if this is true or not, but I just read that the fight after exiting Toontown continues near Pixie Hollow and then in the parking structure.

You mean to tell us that the fight continued at different areas of Disneyland property even though the Disneyland spokes-hole assured us that they were "immediately removed" from Disney property? (In Disneyspeak the word "immediately" means within 90 minutes of numerous physical assaults, with a stop on the way out at the Gibson Girl for an ice cream cone and few slaps upside the head.)

And are you telling us the worst offender in the fight used to play pro football for the Oakland Raiders? He is a professional! That's what pro football means, pro means professional! And the Oakland Raiders are a fine team of upstanding young men representing a fine California city!

I am SHOCKED at both of those outrageous claims by you! But I believe both of them.

Last edited:

Nirya

I have a hard time believing the second one, because if it was true it’d be the biggest part of the story.

“Ex-NFL player beats woman at Disneyland” would be front-page news.

TP2000

I have a hard time believing the second one, because if it was true it’d be the biggest part of the story.

“Ex-NFL player beats woman at Disneyland” would be front-page news.

But we don't even know who these people are yet. They are only identified as a "family", and we don't even know their first names let alone their surnames, or where they are from. Apparently the Anaheim Police Department knows, but they haven't released that info.

I would love to know their first names and their relations, so that we could edit the video with names above each of them... "Cousin Earl", "Aunt Eunice", "Sister-In-Law Aisha", etc. It would be helpful to me as I try and follow along who is getting beat up by who.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
[Q Will all of these high paid Security guards and Disneyland managers in Dockers just wander around tapping at their iPhones and radioing into base while people lay in the street hurt? Will they try and command authority and show real leadership, or just crumple into limp wimps who just stare blankly at the injured?I think we now know what they will do.

At a certain point the police or sheriffs need to be there. Security is one thing, law enforcement is another. They are not equal. A single year removed...High paid is in the eye of the beholder. Glass Door:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disneyland Resort Security Officer Hourly Pay

Updated Mar 27, 2018

Avg Base Pay
$13

$12-$24
Avg Total Pay
$28K
Related Searches:All Security Officer Salaries | All Disneyland Resort Salaries
The typical Disneyland Resort Security Officer salary is $13. Security Officer salaries at Disneyland Resort can range from $12 - $24. This estimate is based upon 4 Disneyland Resort Security Officer salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a Security Officer at Disneyland Resort can expect to make an average total pay of $27,617 .

=========================================================

TP2000

At a certain point the police or sheriffs need to be there. Security is one thing, law enforcement is another. They are not equal. A single year removed...High paid is in the eye of the beholder. Glass Door:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disneyland Resort Security Officer Hourly Pay

Updated Mar 27, 2018

Avg Base Pay
$13

$12-$24
Avg Total Pay
$28K
Related Searches:All Security Officer Salaries | All Disneyland Resort Salaries
The typical Disneyland Resort Security Officer salary is $13. Security Officer salaries at Disneyland Resort can range from $12 - $24. This estimate is based upon 4 Disneyland Resort Security Officer s
alary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a Security Officer at Disneyland Resort can expect to make an average total pay of $27,617 .

=========================================================

That info is over a year old. The minimum hourly wage at Disneyland is now $15.00. The starting wage for Security guards at Disneyland is now $16.60

Last edited:

Gabe1

That info is over a year old. The minimum hourly wage at Disneyland is now $15.00. The starting wage for Security officers at Disneyland is now $16.60

As I did acknowledge. The fight for $15 is considered a highly paid Security Guard? Seriously? $16.60 is highly paid? In California's cost of living. Seriously? What home can you purchase on that salary in California let alone rent?

Edit do to post mixing with quote

Last edited:

TP2000

As I did acknowledge. The fight for $15 is considered a highly paid Security Guard? Seriously?

Security guards don't make $15.00, they start at $16.60 and go up from there.

Just curious... How much money does someone have to give you before you try and prevent a man from beating up a woman?

What's the dollar amount you need to prevent violence against women? Ballpark it for us, please.

Gabe1

Security guards don't make $15.00, they start at $16.60 and go up from there.

Just curious... How much money does someone have to give you before you try and prevent a man from beating up a woman?

What's the dollar amount you need to prevent violence against women? Ballpark it for us, please.

That is twisting what was stated. I had an issue with you calling the security guards as a highly paid position. It is not IMO. $16.60 as salaries go in California is far from highly paid. Stick to your position of highly paid Californians. I'm betting the highly paid earn far more that $16.60 in California.

TP2000

Whether $6.60, $16.60, or $166, these people are being paid to do a job.

That they clearly failed at.

Their current pay rate has nothing to do with this at all. The lowest paid CM in this video was likely that elderly janitor who wandered right into the middle of it and tried to put a stop to it. God bless him for still being human, and a gentleman.

Somehow though we are supposed to excuse the ineptness of Disneyland's security team because they are "only" paid $16.60 and up?

Gabe1

Whether $6.60, $16.60, or $166, these people are being paid to do a job.
And is their job to mix it up with guests physically? Or is it for them to call law enforcement?

I’m more familiar with WDW That is where Orange County Sheriff Dept steps in. Are you stating for the record that is different in California? Their security guards are required by job description to become law enforcement? Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom