2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

I' am starting with the top Headliners in the first half of the season.

I think the first big headline is the 2020 NASCAR Schedule that was announced a couple months ago. This big headline because 2 traditions were ended by it . The first is the Daytona July race gets moved to August 29th because NASCAR wants excitement for the final race before the chase. August Bristol race being moved to September 19th is a big deal because that race has been in August since 1976. Homestead not being the final race of the year is a big deal with being moved to March 22nd with the 2nd Phoenix race being the final race of the season. This is going to be the first time Homestead does not gave a race date in November and 2001 was the last time Homestead was not the final race of the season.

NASCAR giving Pocono a cup double header in June and that is having Pocono cup races on back to back days. Dover got its 2nd race bumped from the chase to August 23rd.

The 2nd big headliner of the season to me the rule package changes. The best way to put it is Some tracks the rule package is good for and some its not. The rule package for the short tracks, 1 mile tracks, and Road courses caused bad racing at those types of tracks.

wdwfan4ver

The 3rd headliner this year to me is JGR, and Penske winning all, but 3 out the 18 cup points races so far. I think this is a question if this going to continue. What caused this to me is Havick had a couple races he had the car, but had bad luck along with Hendrick starting the season behind. Harvick bad pit crew didn't help matters. The only thing is I this could be 3 organization since Hendrick to me has closed down the gap. The catch is I don't think Jimmie is the driver he once was although he is not as bad last year. If this is going be a three organization battle, it is due to Elliott and Bowman.

The 4th Headliner to me is NASCAR taking away finishes due to flunking post race inspection. The Xfinity and the truck series did have finishes taken away this season unlike the cup series.

wdwfan4ver

Have sad news. Nick Harrison, Crew chief of the Kaulig Racing's #11 Xfinity series team has died has the age of 37:(. He died sometime after yesterday's Xfinity series race.

No caused of death or funeral arrangements were announced, but the team said more information would be forthcoming.

RIP.

wdwfan4ver

Have sad news. Nick Harrison, Crew chief of the Kaulig Racing's #11 Xfinity series team has died has the age of 37:(. He died sometime after yesterday's Xfinity series race.

No caused of death or funeral arrangements were announced, but the team said more information would be forthcoming.

RIP.
Slight information is known. He died in his sleep in his home. That rules out foul play and gives out a time frame.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR has made rule change starting this race weekend with it concerning uncontrollable tires.

NASCAR is getting a rid of the arms length requirement concerning uncontrolled tire violations. NASCAR Tires will be considered uncontrolled if they create a safety issue or interfere/another competitor's pit stop.

The 2nd rule starts at Watkins glen with it being during 4 tire pit stops, the outside tires must done first.

wdwfan4ver

Pocono made announcements for 2020 cup doubleheader weekend. Both races are 350 miles with them happening on June 27th and June 28th. The starting lineup on June 28th is going to be determined by 2 things. All lead lad cup cars will be inverted by the finishing order from the June 27th race for June 28th race. All lap down cars from the June 27th race will be staring behind the lead lead cars.

It also is started that cup teams must use the same cup car for both races.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Hendrick Motorsports Cliff Daniels is replacing Kevin Meendering as Jimmie Johnson's crew chief. My thought is the timing is odd. The truth is Jimmie Johnson was on pace to have more top 10's and to 5's than he did with Chad Knaus last season. Jimmie right now has a better start and finish average than he did last season along with more laps led.

If Henderick is expecting more, they need to look at the driver. Jimmie Johnson did start to show signs of decline in 2015 with a career low of laps led at the time. Jimmie in 2016 at the time had a career low in top 10's. Jimmie has gotten worse since than. 2019 is somewhat of a rebound for him before dumping the crew chief. Before this season, I though Kevin was in a hard spot because I thought the driver is on the decline.

I do know Jimmie Johnson himself has said that he is at his best with high horsepower cars. The problem is the cars are 550 horsepower. As far as Jimmie last year, I boils down to Hendrick being behind and Chad and Jimmie's chemistry not being there anymore.

wdwfan4ver

While this isn't NASCAR, a big accomplishment happen in Drag Racing yesterday. John Force won his Nation hot rod association Funny car 150th race. He did this at 70 years old with him going 320.58 MPH. John Force is known as the Richard Petty of drag racing.

That is what a funny car looks line:
a276a752-835b-4a52-bd5a-12740fcc4fe7-johnforce.jpg

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

News happened in NASCAR qualifying. RCR's 2 cup cars had their times disallowed for qualifying after an unapproved alternators were found.

Austin Dillon and Daniel Hamric's crew chiefs are going get fined $25,000 taken away and the 2 times get 10 driver and 10 owner points taken away.

What made those alternators unapproved was the alternator was not fully functional by design for qualifying. It sounded liked RCR used an empty shell.

Based on what I read, RCR did this because it would give the engines a little more power for qualifying. If RCR tried this during a race, the battery would suck down quickly.

wdwfan4ver

David Ragan today announced that he will not be racing full time in the cup series after this season.

There no rumors on who will be replacing David Ragan in the Front Row Racing 38 car for next year.

What I do know is there is a rumor that Matt Dibenedetto is going to be gone from the Leavine Family Racing organization after this season because Gibbs and Toyota want Christopher Bell in a cup ride despite the owner of Leavine Family Racing wants keep Matt as a driver.

wdwfan4ver

I do have some guesses on Front Row Racing in terms of taking over David's seat next year.

The first one that comes to Matt Dibenedetto, but I question it. My reasoning is Matt could be going to Joe Gibbs Racing next year in the Xfinity Series since Christopher Bell would be in a cup ride, but I could see TG-Daugherty Racing be after him because the owners did say they can not confirm their driver lineup next year .

The 2nd guess is Cole Custer. It sounds like there is a good chance of Clint Bowyer returning next year to Stewart-Haas and it sounds like the other 3 drivers are returning next year. The only spot for Cole Custer is Front Row racing since it is not possible for him get even better in the Xfinity series.

My 3rd guess is Corey Lajoie. Cory is going a respectible job for Go fast since that organization is a single car organization that is slow.

My 4th guess guess is Ryan Preece. I think there is a chance that Ryan is gone after this year since JTG - Daugherty Racing did not confirm their lineup after their claim of Kroger returning as a sponsor. Ryan has been a step down for the organization compare to where they were with A.J Almindinger.

wdwfan4ver

Matt Dibenedetto announced he's not returning to Leavine Family Racing. Matt didn't say it, but he's getting replaced by Christopher Bell.

The problem right now is Toyota only has 5 teams with 4 being with Joe Gibbs Racing despite having a bunch of development driver in lower series in NASCAR. Leavine Family Racing was told to get a rid of Matt by Toyota since they can't afford a 2nd cup and will be getting more cup support from Joe Gibbs Racing. The fact is Christopher Bell is ready for cup and Matt Dibenedetto played his role.

Toyota had Matt Dibenedetto to keep the seat warm for Christopher Bell. Christopher Bell is Toyota's best NASCAR prospect and Toyota does not want another Brad Keselowski to happen. What happened with Brad Keselowski is Brad actually was a Chevy driver back when the Xfinity series was called the Nationwide series, but Hendrick and Stewart-Haas had no room for Brad. Brad signed with Penske and is one NASCAR's great drivers. Hendrick at the time was close to needing Brad because Mark in 2009 was 50 years old and Mark left Hendrick after 2011.

Joe Gibbs Racing does not have a driver another driver they can get a rid of since they are very close to getting a new contract signed.. The mess with Dibenedetto would have been avoided if Joe Gibbs Racing didn't raise the amount of money Furniture Row Racing needs to get Joe Gibbs Racing support.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his family was in an airplane crash in Tennessee, but they only got cuts and scraps. Dale Jr. was transported to Johnson City Medical Center for evaluation.

What happened was airplane ran off the runway and caught on fire after landing. The plane has 2 pilots, Dale Jr, Dale Jr's wife, Dale Jr' and his wife's 1 year old daughter, and the family dog.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR driver Bayley Currey fails drug test and is now suspended by NASCAR. Bayley Currey entered raced for all 3 major series in NASCAR this year.

It is reported that Bayley currey was suspended for taking a workout drug called Juggernaut Irate and has the ingredient DMAA or otherwise known as Methylhexanamine. I read that DMAA is a dietary/weight loss/sports supplement that that a lot of professional and amateur sports bodies and Government agencies banned including the international Olympic Committee. DMAA also a Methylhexanamine.

Bayley said he had no idea that the work out drug Juggernaut Irate had a banned substance.

DMAA has been banned because it has safety concerns that was pointed to giving people injuries and had been linked to deaths and in the past. The FDA has stated the drug "is known to narrow the blood vessels and arteries, which can elevate blood pressure and may lead to cardiovascular events ranging from shortness of breath and tightening in the chest to heart attack".

NASCAR has this drug on the list because driver nowdays are into fitness and doing stuff like trying improve cardio endurance and a driver taking a workout drug would not be out of the question. NASCAR banned DMAA because they don't want pitcrews and anyone else involved in NASCAR to develop problems related to the drug.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Aric Almirola says he's locked for 2020 at Stewart-Haas.

The only ride to keep an eye on is the 8 car of Daniel Hemric. While Daniel has a contract next year, it is iffy for him to return to RCR since RCR wants Tyler Reddick according to Daniel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom