News Tomorrowland love

Kman101

I just wish they were actually redoing, rather than repainting. So far a lot of it seems so contradictory, and they're just kinda... painting over things. I love this aesthetic in principle, but a lot of the structures they're doing it with weren't really designed with this type of look in mind.

I also can't figure out what will tie all of this together. So far, none of these designs really seem to complement one another very well.

I like it all individually, but agreed with you. Very much. A coat of paint doesn't really fix anything. They still have a tired Buzz Lightyear, a lackluster Speedway, a PeopleMover in need of a thorough refurb, Carousel needs a thorough refurb, Space Mountain needs a thorough refurb ... Stitch needs an an actual replacement. The garish stage needs to go. Those are things that would improve the land. Removing the 94 elements will also help, but instead they're now painting them go-away-white. They should be removing them. It seems they're trying to get out of doing anything thorough. I'll give them credit for the Cosmic Ray's outdoor seating, that was an improvement.

Sam Magic

you could bring forward canopy elements from Tron...make it feel more integrated. (View attachment 388073Excuse my quick photoshop)
The Tron-style canopy could even go over the path, having people walk underneath it to enter the land
Both of these would be fantastic.

One thing I love about the Shanghai Tomorrowland...which I suspect is what Disney will be basing any American Tomorrowland refurbish on, is they very lucid and organic feel of the land. Expanding the tron canopy's, adding in some levels to walking around, more landscaping, maybe some reintroduction of the '67 Disneyland remodel look could go a long way in improving the look and feel of the place.

culturenthrills

I like it all individually, but agreed with you. Very much. A coat of paint doesn't really fix anything. They still have a tired Buzz Lightyear, a lackluster Speedway, a PeopleMover in need of a thorough refurb, Carousel needs a thorough refurb, Space Mountain needs a thorough refurb ... Stitch needs an an actual replacement. The garish stage needs to go. Those are things that would improve the land. Removing the 94 elements will also help, but instead they're now painting them go-away-white. They should be removing them. It seems they're trying to get out of doing anything thorough. I'll give them credit for the Cosmic Ray's outdoor seating, that was an improvement.
I would expect Space Mt to limp along until after the 50th when it will finally get a full track replacement. Hopefully they can keep spot welding the problem areas and not end up with what happened at Disneyland.

Monorail_Red_77

The map in the app isn't exactly known for it's incredibly accurate representations of the parks in the finer details. The new entry there could easily be a misrepresentation of the final product or a simplified version or based on some concept art or whatever
The map in the app isn't exactly known for it's incredibly accurate representations of the parks in the finer details. The new entry there could easily be a misrepresentation of the final product or a simplified version or based on some concept art or whatever
As a side note it is also in the physical park maps as well. I compared Jan 2019 to May 2019 maps and the difference is same as shown earlier in this thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom