News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanna Eros

They only act the way that they were brought up, so there are some sociological issues there. I don't see any good problem-solving skills exhibited by any of the family members. Age, race, nor socioeconomic status are indicators of civilized behaviour. I've seen plenty of Disney meltdowns in WDW by well-dressed families with all the current hot gadgets and gizmos. Golf widows with 2.5 kids all in the same stroller in MK, Dads left with the kids while mom just walks off screaming... lots of things surface as stresses peak not so pleasantly or privately.
.... a half a kid. ew.

drew81

Glad the dude who choked him out got out of there. From the video it looks like the guy in the pink shirt would’ve started a fight with him too.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
2jsuq8.jpg

TrainsOfDisney

The only time I’ve seen any serious altercation was at WDW when 2 different families started fighting at the monorail station. The monorail greeter stepped in between the family and other guests approaching, yelled out “security” and in about 20 seconds Orange County officers came and immediately shouted “ok everybody’s gonna calm down right now!” - as soon as they had everyone separated the monorail cm sent us up the exit ramp and it was all fixed. That’s how it should be done.

TROR

The only time I’ve seen any serious altercation was at WDW when 2 different families started fighting at the monorail station. The monorail greeter stepped in between the family and other guests approaching, yelled out “security” and in about 20 seconds Orange County officers came and immediately shouted “ok everybody’s gonna calm down right now!” - as soon as they had everyone separated the monorail cm sent us up the exit ramp and it was all fixed. That’s how it should be done.
Orange County officers in Florida?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
“According to KABC, Anaheim Police interviewed the family members involved in the fight. However, none of them were cooperative. Although, when the department was made aware of the video, they decided to pursue a criminal case.

In a statement to KABC, a Disney spokesperson said: “We do not condone this behavior.” “

Not cooperating with police tells you exactly that this is domestic violence. You stay out of it. They are sick people.

Yeah, stay out of it even if you're in the line of fire 👍

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Multiquote!!!!

SoCal has some very rough neighborhoods with cultures that are violent and routinely obscene even in front of small children, and Disneyland is offering lots of discounts and has reopened free sign in privileges for employees. As with any tough neighborhood, you just need to watch your back. Even in Toontown.

Ah, THIS explains a lot.
am i the only one thinking put your phone down & get help or help someone instead of filming it to post online? anything for social media nowadays 🙄
If it wasn't filmed, criminal charges wouldn't be able to be pressed. Whoever filmed this, unless they are an Army Ranger or some such, did more by filming then they could have any other way.
I respect your opinion. Knowing my husband for over 25 years, he would not be analyzing the legal aspects of him helping others in a time of urgent need. One of the reasons I married him is precisely for his character and how he feels about doing the right thing.
I'd go ask him right now, would you get involved in a family brawl? You might be surprised at his answer.
I’ll be generous and just call that “perilously close” to racism.
Er, no. These people were very clearly trash. Race had zip to do with it. You know this though. You just want to be involved.
You are assuming these people come from a poor community. Why? They are at one of the most expensive theme parks in the world.
Well, because of their behavior and general demeanor? It's not hard to see.
You are wrong. It is really quite simple. You step up and do what you can.
How many domestic violence/family brawls have you gotten involved in I wonder? It's all fine and dandy to say you'd stop it. But when a guy is fighting his brother in law and sister and wife and aunt and whoever, the smart thing to do is call the police. Unless you are trained, or are the police, or are a person of sufficient size and means to stop the fight dead in it's tracks. Sometimes using common sense and calling security is the best move.

Now, when that pile of human feces in the pink goes really nuts after his GF? That's when people jumped right in because it escalated to a point where there were no other options, and that makes sense, and those guests were smart and brave. Though, I think most physically capable decent men would have done the same thing.

Anyhoo....

John park hopper

NormC said:

Would I get involved in this ---absolutely not. You have no idea if this guy is high on drugs, alcohol, or a history of violence. Get involved and get injured who pays your medical bills, injure this guy in the process of trying to stop it and surely you will be sued and raked through the coals by the media. If you have ever been sued it can make your life he!!. For me it's just a risk I am not going to take-- let them fight it out until security gets there.

Tony the Tigger

But we have never screamed at each other, never sworn at each other or even considered breathing the N word or any such hateful epithet, and the adults and parents have certainly never argued in front of the children. The biggest argument we've gotten in as a broad family unit from elders to children involved allegedly made up words while playing Scrabble at the beach house. Aunt Ingrid hauled out her big Oxford Dictionary and settled it quickly, reacting much faster than Disneyland security. As a family and as a people we are polite, we are kind, we are gracious, we are classy.

Well that’s just wonderful, Beaver!

Tony the Tigger

Disney should be ashamed of not providing actual security that are capable of handling something of this magnitude.

It’s simple cost benefit analysis, and you should all be careful what you wish for.

We can’t have a security guard as close as every trashcan. That’s ridiculous. How often has this happened? How often will it happen in the future?

Are you willing to pay the salaries of hundreds more security guards or police? Because that’s what you’re asking for, in effect. And you’ll pay for it, not Disney.

Overreacting is not cute. This was awful to watch, and I’m glad I wasn’t there. But I’m not going to go overboard or plan to pay to prevent something that happens once in 15 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amidala

This kind of attitude IMO really prioritizes egos over the actual safety of the victims involved. Unless you are professionally trained or have a large enough group to overwhelm the attackers (like the guests who confronted the man in the pink shirt at the end of the video) your big brave intervention could escalate the fight, putting the victims at further risk. Not saying people who stepped in had bad intentions, but women and men who chose to contact the authorities and record evidence instead weren't wrong for staying out of it. It's not simple, it's a much more complicated situation that you're suggesting.

You knew what I meant.

Also I've seen a surprising amount of clothing with "obscene language" at Disney parks.

Not really. What were members of that family wearing that should have resulted in instant dismissal from the park? All I see are shorts and t-shirts. No excessive rips or tears, no obscene language or graphics on their shirts. One woman has a midriff-baring top on, but that's about it. I've gone to the parks many, many times wearing crop tops as have most of my friends and none of us have ever started a brawl. It's hot out.

Poor people tend to be uneducated and uneducated people tend to be more violent.

As others have already said, you're making a lot of assumptions about this family's economic status & level of education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom