News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

FigmentFan82

I was able to order 2 on Tuesday with no problem. They shipped on Wednesday and will be here on Saturday.
So happy!!
Update: just got my bands a day early:)
Sadly, no luggage tags :(
You only get the luggage tags when you book a package through Disney, both room and tickets

Homer fan

Okay, so I finally got around to calling them. Spoke with (ah, what the heck, I will put her most of name) "Helg", I was obviously not the first one she has talked to about this problem but was certainly reading from a script. I got many "this was an overwhelming response" "you just gotta keep trying" and the best one "I know it shows the band but the message about it can't complete the order means the band is not in stock" in other words, She said the order error meant that the band was no longer there. Did not matter if you logged off, logged back in, and it still showed the band, it was not in stock. She told me there was nothing she could do, and yes I had her check my account to make sure there was nothing wrong. She said it could be that I had a debit card linked to my account!?!? That doesn't make sense, regardless, we deleted it (since I planned to anyway because of the whole $100 hold).

So my long (probably ill-comunicated) message is to say, according to ah..... Helg, that when you get the "cannot complete your order at this time" even though the band is showing, the message means the band is not available. But have no fear, just keep checking (and continuing to be frustrated at our oversight and ill-planning of this offer.)
Thanks for the breakdown! Did they said how often they re-stock? Once a day? Week? Every few hours? Hard to know how often to re-check.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Thanks for the breakdown! Did they said how often they re-stock? Once a day? Week? Every few hours? Hard to know how often to re-check.
Sorry, i didnt ask, but my gut tells me if I would have, Helg would not have given me a correct answer. Probably some statement continuing along her path of, just keep checking, if you see a band listed and cant order it, it is not available.

bigkbull

Okay, so I finally got around to calling them. Spoke with (ah, what the heck, I will put her most of name) "Helg", I was obviously not the first one she has talked to about this problem but was certainly reading from a script. I got many "this was an overwhelming response" "you just gotta keep trying" and the best one "I know it shows the band but the message about it can't complete the order means the band is not in stock" in other words, She said the order error meant that the band was no longer there. Did not matter if you logged off, logged back in, and it still showed the band, it was not in stock. She told me there was nothing she could do, and yes I had her check my account to make sure there was nothing wrong. She said it could be that I had a debit card linked to my account!?!? That doesn't make sense, regardless, we deleted it (since I planned to anyway because of the whole $100 hold).

So my long (probably ill-comunicated) message is to say, according to ah..... Helg, that when you get the "cannot complete your order at this time" even though the band is showing, the message means the band is not available. But have no fear, just keep checking (and continuing to be frustrated at our oversight and ill-planning of this offer.)

This was my suspicion. I took a look at the requests that the website is making and the error coming back from the requests are "errorCode":"ITEM_UNAVAILABLE", "message":"The product \"710,586\" cannot be ordered."

So basically it's showing up on the screen but it's not actually available. Incredibly frustrating. I have added bands to the order successfully a few times but then get the error when I go to check out. Most of the time I can't select the bands. Sigh.

cosmicgirl

You only get the luggage tags when you book a package through Disney, both room and tickets
Even with packages I've seen reports of people not getting the luggage tags if they upgraded their bands. I distinctly remember one person saying they had a combination of plain and upgraded bands in the same box and the number of luggage tags matched the number of plain bands. That's why I asked @kbmb which tags they received. I hadn't previously heard of anyone gettings tags with upgraded bands.

jrogue

Even with packages I've seen reports of people not getting the luggage tags if they upgraded their bands. I distinctly remember one person saying they had a combination of plain and upgraded bands in the same box and the number of luggage tags matched the number of plain bands. That's why I asked @kbmb which tags they received. I hadn't previously heard of anyone gettings tags with upgraded bands.

Family members I'm traveling with received their bands the other day. 2 upgraded and one not upgraded. They received 3 luggage tags as well, so it matched the number of bands received.

cosmicgirl

Family members I'm traveling with received their bands the other day. 2 upgraded and one not upgraded. They received 3 luggage tags as well, so it matched the number of bands received.
Good to hear they've fixed that, thanks. Do you happen to know which tags they got? Did they still match the color to the band one way or another?

jrogue

Good to hear they've fixed that, thanks. Do you happen to know which tags they got? Did they still match the color to the band one way or another?
I don't recall them matching the bands. They got one Donald, and two Mickey & Minnie. The bands were one plain gray, a birthday, and the white and gold castle one.

DCBaker

Premium Member
I didn't get a shot of the bands introduced at launch, but this one was just added and I haven't see it during restocks.

jrogue

My bands came in today and they are correct!!! See below for bands and luggage tags!

Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 3.55.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 3.55.40 PM.png

I've been waiting to see if my bands came in correctly to give you guys some tips on how to order if you're still having trouble.

I spoke with someone at WDW and they said that they tend to update the site before they update the inventory, which leads to LOTS of errors and inability to order due to low stock. So, I tried out a method I came up with in the past week of furiously looking. Here is what I did:

I waited until I saw the bands updated on the site. Usually happened a few minutes before the hour or half-hour mark. Once it turned that hour or half-hour, I tried to add my bands to the order. Then hopefully check out and all will go well.

For example: when I ordered, the stock was updated at 10:50ish, and I placed my order at 11am on the dot.

Took me about a week of persistence but you should have no problem if you're vigilant :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

kbmb

Sorry....didn't see your original reply which is weird.

We got the Haunted Mansion band, Citrus Twist, Thanos and plain yellow. These are the luggage tags we received....guessing they are random.

And after having the $30 charge removed from my card originally.....Disney did finally charge us for the bands. Figured Disney wouldn't let that slip through ;)

SaintsDivide

I ordered 2 Castle bands about a month ago for a trip I'm taking with my mom in August did not receive luggage tags with the order.

However just last week I managed to order 3 Epcot Spaceship Earth bands for a room-only booking I have in September, but this time I got 3 matching luggage tags with the bands.

Both reservations were room only, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
20190709_092215.jpg
20190709_092127.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom