News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevek

Original Poster
Disneyland isn’t a public place, though, it’s private. People have to pay to get in and Disney is free to prevent whoever they want from entering. Guests like this should not be able to even get through the gates.

I know I’m being elitist, but if known day is going to cost me $150, I’m entitled to expect decency from other guests.
But how would Disney even have a clue that these folks would act this way? They didn’t dress any different than most folks entering the park that day and likely zero hint they would engage in this behavior later. There are folks that look like total gang bangers that enter and cause zero issues. Any attempt to screen folks could very easily turn into a case of racial profiling.

TROR

But how would Disney even have a clue that these folks would act this way? They didn’t dress any different than most folks entering the park that day and likely zero hint they would engage in this behavior later. There are folks that look like total gang bangers that enter and cause zero issues. Any attempt to screen folks could very easily turn into a case of racial profiling.
The color of one’s skin does not prevent them from dressing respectably.

mf1972

They should be banned for life from any Disney Park.
C593F7CE-C070-40CC-982F-8285168D79E5.jpeg

iphonegeek

A fight happened last year when I was at the Magic Kingdom, between two guys over a kid that got pushed accidentally. It was right before Happily Ever After, but security was there in probably about 15 seconds. Once the first guy broke it up, they had a couple of massive plan clothes security guys stand by both guys the entire show and ensure that it didn't happen again. It is weird that it took so long for anyone who could stop it to jump in.

Stevek

Original Poster
The color of one’s skin does not prevent them from dressing respectably.
Your comment said “Guests like this should not be able to even get through the gates.” It wasn’t clear how you planned to enforce based on your post. Is enforcement purely based on a dress code? You can put any cover you want on a book, it’s still the same words inside.

Nirya

I was under the impression that basically all general admission access areas at DLR were under round-the-clock video surveillance.

I'm honestly a little stunned that they're apparently not.

I would actually bet there is video, but Anaheim PD didn’t request it because they didn’t plan on pursuing charges. Now that it’s a story, they’re trying to cover by saying “oh now we have video and can see what really happened.”

Honestly, it’s not surprising charges weren’t immediately filed, especially since everyone involved is apparently family. If witnesses and victims are uncooperative, it makes it much harder to create a burden of proof, at which point police are likely to just drop an investigation rather than continue to waste more hours pursuing a case. You see this kind of thing all the time, especially in DV cases (there’s a reason “I ran into the door” became a saying).

Janir

Alas, California is a totally different Legal situation. Between laws made by the State Legislators, along with the court system, including the 9th Circuit, the legal liabilities to take those actions is much higher than Florida.

I personally don't like it, but such is life.
Absolutely right. Didn't think about that.

Californian Elitist

Not to downplay this but people are going to forget about this in a few days. Just the way the world works. Too many things competing for our attention.

Yep. It’ll pass, just like the dry ice incident, the White Rabbit incident, the multiples deaths at Disneyland, etc.

Knowing Disney, they will most likely ban the families from returning, which is exactly what they need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom