Next Gen Busses

Goofyernmost

From what I've experienced on the board, there are usually at least two camps to any change made at WDW, and they're generally well represented on this board. If your frustration comes from the sense that some individuals will argue regardless of 'same' or 'change', I think it's more that there are just a lot of people here and each voice their opinions, rather than everyone arguing every position.
Not sure there is a difference. I have a T-shirt that says "I'm not arguing with you, I'm explaining why I'm right". A lot of the stuff has no basis of fact so any attempt to argue fact is nothing more then opinion, but, if it walks like a duck, and squawks like a duck and looks like a duck... it's probably a duck.

Lensman

Not sure there is a difference. I have a T-shirt that says "I'm not arguing with you, I'm explaining why I'm right". A lot of the stuff has no basis of fact so any attempt to argue fact is nothing more then opinion, but, if it walks like a duck, and squawks like a duck and looks like a duck... it's probably a duck.
Everyone here needs that shirt! Where can I get mine?

GladToBeHear

I’ve been lurking on this site for a few years and finally made an account last week to answer a question for someone. But while I’ve been here, I have read more negative comments about Disney World than I ever imagined people had. This thread, for example, baffles me.

People say they hated the old buses - the colors, the seats, the lack of features. Disney changes things up with new wraps and USB ports. They try to adapt and modernize - and some people here go crazy. USB ports will lead to lawsuits. Right. The new wraps will ruin your trip. Right.

People say the monorails need to be refreshed. Disney refreshes one and some people go crazy - what’s with the color? What’s with the deltas? What if there’s an emergency and people can’t read what color they’re on? Right.

People complain about the lack of transportation options and/or long lines for buses. Disney puts in the Skyliner. It hasn’t even opened yet. No one has ridden it yet. But some people here say Disney is either trying to cook people alive, have them plummet to their deaths, or feed them to the gators. Right.

Some people seem to complain about everything Disney does. They complain TDO doesn’t care to keep things updated, comfortable, convenient, etc., yet the moment even the smallest improvement is announced, they pick up the arrows and start firing away.

Want to complain about serious things? Focus on the price increases (which I think is one of the causes for attendance issues). Focus on changing Red’s scene in PotC, or the condition of Tomorrowland, or, God help me, the Yeti.

They changed the wraps on buses and added USB ports to some of them. I say it’s about time, and thank you to TDO.
Welcome to the boards. I also typically lurk more than post and just started getting in on the discussions over the last several months. First of all, no one is going crazy. This is a public forum. It's for the purpose of public discussion on all things Disney World. People here, myself included, are passionate about the resort. People have differing opinions. And they're going to state those opinions. And if you don't agree with those opinions, it will come across as complaining. This is a critical crowd. If you don't like reading negative feedback, this may not be the public forum for you. Sorry. If there's anything I can't stand on here, is complaining about the complaining. And yes -- I get the irony of this statement.

Goofyernmost

Everyone here needs that shirt! Where can I get mine?
Amazingly, I got mine at Walmart... but, I'm sure a web search will link them up.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

The articulated Sorcerer gondolas? I heard about those from a boat pilot.

What I don't get is how they can pull off USB chargers and rave lighting, but still have no A/C.
I suspect that an AC takes up a whole bunches more power then a USB charger and LED lighting. I've never seen or heard of a battery operated AC other then a hand held fan that was worth a tinkers damn.

TrainsOfDisney

People say they hated the old buses - the colors, the seats, the lack of features. Disney changes things up with new wraps and USB ports. They try to adapt and modernize - and some people here go crazy.

Who said they hated the red and silver busses based on design? The old and new busses have pretty basic and uncomfortable seats, I also prefer the forward facing seats but WDW has never had extremely comfortable bus seats. The new busses don’t fix that. The usb power is fine, I’m certainly not against the idea.

As for the skyliner, Disney picked the cheapest option for a non-bus transit system. I’m not totally against the skyliner, but it’s also a cheap choice that is not overly practical for what it’s being built for. An automated monorail / peoplemover system would have been more practical in my opinion.

starri42

As for the skyliner, Disney picked the cheapest option for a non-bus transit system. I’m not totally against the skyliner, but it’s also a cheap choice that is not overly practical for what it’s being built for. An automated monorail / peoplemover system would have been more practical in my opinion.
If they were doing some kind of railed transit (and that would be SUPER cool), they'd probably spend ten years building it. The Skyliner has come together astonishingly quickly.

PolynesianPrincess

Not sure how I feel about having character on the buses.

Looks really cheesy and kinda feels like a cheapening of the Disney World experience as other than the occasional monorail wrap and prior to the skyliner you didn't see the characters outside the parks.

The inside looks really nice though.

Are these busses New New or have the interiors just been refurbished?

There have been characters on Disney buses for awhile. The water parks themed bus? Definitely taken that to MCO a time or two.

PolynesianPrincess

People need to stop crying about this. It's a bus for goodness sake! Some of the same people I see defending Disney when they change things up are the same people whining about a wrap on a bus. Do you want the change or not? :banghead:

I think it's a cute new addition, though I can already see people fighting over the USB ports come closing time when the buses board. Looks like they'll only be for those folks sitting down.

TrainsOfDisney

If they were doing some kind of railed transit (and that would be SUPER cool), they'd probably spend ten years building it. The Skyliner has come together astonishingly quickly.

That’s true. And a good point. It could be the timeline was another reason (not just budget) for choosing the skyliner.

Tony the Tigger

Wrong. Ducks don’t squawk.

They quack.

6D375596-7DD3-4D8C-BF8D-50C5BFB9676E.jpeg

mm121

There have been characters on Disney buses for awhile. The water parks themed bus? Definitely taken that to MCO a time or two.
Those are the Magical Express busses whose primary travel is off property not on property and the characters are just in the windows not overtaking the entire bus

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom