News Crazy fight in Toontown

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuddenStorm

This is disgusting for so many reasons. There needs to be a way to keep trash out of the park. Honestly I wonder how effective a modest dress code would be.

Disney used to utilize a very strict dress code for the guests, so there is a precedent. While I don't think how someone dresses and presents themselves is necessarily indicative of their attitude, I do think Disney should be trying a touch harder than they do now to keep guests looking presentable. If they're gonna charge first rate prices to get into the park, it's not ridiculous to expect your customers to present themselves with decency.

TP2000

Yeah. It was so horrible to see Cast Members just standing there, not doing anything.

Yeah, they look like complete morons who have no training and no ability to think for themselves. It's not flattering, especially for the men.

It really is. I'm actually going to DL soon but now i'm kind of scared too, do you think I should be?

SoCal has some very rough neighborhoods with cultures that are violent and routinely obscene even in front of small children, and Disneyland is offering lots of discounts and has reopened free sign in privileges for employees. As with any tough neighborhood, you just need to watch your back. Even in Toontown.

Disney Lover Addie

Disney used to utilize a very strict dress code for the guests, so there is a precedent. While I don't think how someone dresses and presents themselves is necessarily indicative of their attitude, I do think Disney should be trying a touch harder than they do now to keep guests looking presentable. If they're gonna charge first rate prices to get into the park, it's not ridiculous to expect your customers to present themselves with decency.

Same! One time I was at WDW and there was a drunk man who was getting mad at my sister for letting her daughter sit in her stroller to watch the parade and a cast member immediately removed him from the parade area to the exit.

Disney Lover Addie

Yeah, they look like complete morons who have no training and no ability to think for themselves. It's not flattering, especially for the men.

SoCal has some very rough neighborhoods with cultures that are violent and routinely obscene even in front of small children, and Disneyland is offering lots of discounts and has reopened free sign in privileges for employees. As with any tough neighborhood, you just need to watch your back. Even in Toontown.

And if you do happen to see anything, go to the nearest cast member and tell them ASAP!

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Same! One time I was at WDW and there was a drunk man who was getting mad at my sister for letting her daughter sit in her stroller to watch the parade and a cast member immediately removed him from the parade area to the exit.

Yea, but now I'm so scared to go to California. What should I do? :oops:

SuddenStorm

There was one time back in 2015 or so an older lady got into a screaming match with an unruly group in front of me in line for the Astro Orbitor. It escalated with one member of the group loudly exclaiming "Don't make me come over there and whoop your a** b****!" Still have no idea what the fight was about (the lady wasn't in line).

Obviously, incredibly uncomfortable for everyone around. Disneyland is no place for violence-both verbal and physical, attitude, and profanity. I feel bad for any children in Toontown who had to witness that fight, and will now have that kind of memory tainting their impressions of Disneyland. I'm typically not bothered by profanity, but at Disneyland it REALLY rubs me the wrong way, especially if said loud enough for others outside your group to hear.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

you will be fine. california like any other state has trashy people but likes most areas it is filled with great people too. go on your trip and have a fun day at the park. incidents like this are very rare. you will be fine. the scariest thing in the park is the line for dole whips these days

TP2000

And if you do happen to see anything, go to the nearest cast member and tell them ASAP!

Why? So they can call their Dockers and trendy plaid shirt wearing manager who will then hover silently and meekly in the background and do nothing but stare at the injured woman on the ground and tap at his iphone?

Meanwhile, park visitors who are not on the Disney payroll step in and try to contain the violent offenders and offer first aid to the injured, while more CM's gather to just silently stare at the injured on the ground and wander around some more.

This video is just failure on Disneyland's part on so many levels, with so many CM's involved. That older janitor guy seemed to be the most involved, and I bet he makes a lot less than the silent manager guy in the plaid shirt who did absolutely nothing.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

There was one time back in 2015 or so an older lady got into a screaming match with an unruly group in front of me in line for the Astro Orbitor. It escalated with one member of the group loudly exclaiming "Don't make me come over there and whoop your a** b****!" Still have no idea what the fight was about (the lady wasn't in line).

Obviously, incredibly uncomfortable for everyone around. Disneyland is no place for violence-both verbal and physical, attitude, and profanity. I feel bad for any children in Toontown who had to witness that fight, and will now have that kind of memory tainting their impressions of Disneyland. I'm typically not bothered by profanity, but at Disneyland it REALLY rubs me the wrong way, especially if said loud enough for others outside your group to hear.
I agree. profanity does not belong in the park. when at disneyland i make sure i put in extra effort not to swear even if it is in a positive context because i don't want to swear in the vicinity of little ears and it just doesnt belong in the park at all.

Disney Lover Addie

I truly don’t think you should be scared. I don’t think there’s going to more huge fights like this after today. I’ve heard of fights like this at Disneyland Paris! There’s no control of what happens, so just remember in the rare case that something does, tell the nearest cast member immediately!

Darkbeer1

Alas, I will lay the blame on the Disney Lawyers, who have told Security to not get involved in these types of situations due to liability. If Disney is only minorly at fault of someone getting hurt, since they have deep pockets, they end up paying out big time.

Stupid California laws. Alas, the "proper" thing to do is call the APD office at DtD and say they need immediate assistance in Toontown due to guests fighting with each other.

I hate that it has come to that, but in reality, it is the only option.

And to think that I had to explain my medical need for a super dull, rounded end pair of kids scissors in my bag found at security check. A lead had to come over to approve it. Funny, he wanted to say no, but I had the exact response that I knew would make them allow it. I said it with authority, and he sheeply said OK.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Perhaps instead of developing cute lingo for the CM's in Galaxy's Edge, Disney would have been better served brushing up their staff on proper safety protocol and codes to allow situations like this to be squashed quickly.

Bright suns!
if it occured in galaxy's edge it would be humorous to some extent to see storm troopers break up a actual fight however.

Disney Lover Addie

Agreed. I went on a ride with my niece (who was 8) at Disneyland and there were two adults in front of us saying “this sh** fu****g fast”, “get me out of this h**”, and even “f***” very loudly. We were on POC, and it was my niece’s first time on the attraction. I was so ashamed my niece had to hear that and let her ride be ruined by that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom