Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Tom Morrow

Fire was absolutely better. It had a unique layout with TWO Immelmans, an airtime hill (unique to inverts), and an additional inversion.

phillip9698

The Deuling Dragons are two coaster in one attraction. Undivided in unity but equal in majesty. Both begotten by the same contractor to be consubstantial with each other and yet a duality of tracks. All hail the Magickal Binity.

They certainly weren't equal as fire was much better than ice. I almost wrote the ride off as I rode ice first and thought it was mediocre. Luckily there was no line so I decided to give fire a shot.

Rich Brownn

They certainly weren't equal as fire was much better than ice. I almost wrote the ride off as I rode ice first and thought it was mediocre. Luckily there was no line so I decided to give fire a shot.
Ice was all about nearly hitting the castle if you're in the front. Thats why we always said "Ice in the front, Fire in the back!"

Tom Morrow

I will agree that simply having big coasters does tend to attract trashier demographics to the park, but that is because they have the biggest draw and demand. On numerous occasions I've heard (typically trashier) people say "this (Hulk) is the only good ride in the park!" and I'm like what?? It's not even top three! They also only have one big "Six Flags-y" roller coaster in each park, and only one of those is ugly and tacky looking (Rockit).

Jon81uk

I will agree that simply having big coasters does tend to attract trashier demographics to the park, but that is because they have the biggest draw and demand. On numerous occasions I've heard (typically trashier) people say "this (Hulk) is the only good ride in the park!" and I'm like what?? It's not even top three! They also only have one big "Six Flags-y" roller coaster in each park, and only one of those is ugly and tacky looking (Rockit).
and often the same people who really only want rollercoasters at some parks are also only interested in getting a photo of their "little princess" with all the characters at Disney and will skip "old fashioned" stuff like Jungle Cruise as there is "no characters"

Princess Leia

There have been videos on YouTube in reference to the track layout. I is supposed to be a large, "thrill" coaster, with a high point of
175 feet. It will be visible from most of the park, and there have been concerns with the sightlines, conflicting with the Harry Potter
area, given their proximity.
I'll admit this worries me a bit, considering you can already see parts of Jurassic Park from Hogsmeade. Seeing palm trees by Hogwarts is a bit off (I think I saw them when I was eating in the back of Three Broomsticks). I understand that they can't hide everything though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
and often the same people who really only want rollercoasters at some parks are also only interested in getting a photo of their "little princess" with all the characters at Disney and will skip "old fashioned" stuff like Jungle Cruise as there is "no characters"

Wait 'til after the Jungle Cruise movie...

Captain Neo

They should have invested in building a brand new fully reimagined Jurassic Park/World Land with immersive theming instead of a barebones coaster and letting the rest of the land rot.

Jurassic Park is a beloved franchise that could have pulled crowds away from Star Wars land if they made it as if you were actually entering the park from the films.

The version that opened with IOA was ok but it wasn’t executed properly and the franchise was in a state of decline at that point.

raven

They should have invested in building a brand new fully reimagined Jurassic Park/World Land with immersive theming instead of a barebones coaster and letting the rest of the land rot.

Jurassic Park is a beloved franchise that could have pulled crowds away from Star Wars land if they made it as if you were actually entering the park from the films.

The version that opened with IOA was ok but it wasn’t executed properly and the franchise was in a state of decline at that point.
Already brewing.

raven

There have been videos on YouTube in reference to the track layout. I is supposed to be a large, "thrill" coaster, with a high point of
175 feet. It will be visible from most of the park, and there have been concerns with the sightlines, conflicting with the Harry Potter
area, given their proximity.
Think of theme park icons. MK is Cinderella Castle, Epcot is Spaceship Earth, Animal Kingdom is the Tree of Life. When people think of IOA they see the skyline for Hulk, Dr. Doom and the lighthouse at the Port of Entry.

IOA has never really been about hiding what they have to offer nor should they be ashamed to. It’s a thrill park.

Jon81uk

How do you know there isn’t going to be further changes to the land?

JT3000

Think of theme park icons. MK is Cinderella Castle, Epcot is Spaceship Earth, Animal Kingdom is the Tree of Life. When people think of IOA they see the skyline for Hulk, Dr. Doom and the lighthouse at the Port of Entry.

IOA has never really been about hiding what they have to offer nor should they be ashamed to. It’s a thrill park.

IOA is a theme park, not a thrill park. Six Flags is a thrill park. It's not about being ashamed either, it's about protecting thematic sight lines, something they should be doing but have never been particularly good at.

bclane

It's only thrilling to the Disney crowd. Actual thrill seekers would be underwhelmed. Until this ride opens, there's only one large coaster in the entire park.
I don’t know. I’m a huge fan of parks like Cedar Point and Magic Mountain. My family has spent entire summers doing nothing but driving from one amusement park to the next. As someone who absolutely loves roller coasters of all shapes and sizes (as well as the more Disney style family rides) I still really enjoy IOA for what it is and find it quite thrilling. A ride doesn’t have to be a 400 feet tall roller coaster to be thrilling imho. But to each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom