Not so young entertainer looking for advise.

dulcimer guy

Original Poster
Greetings friends. I am a recently widowed 60-year-old who has worked as a theme park entertainer for 43 years in both the US and Europe, but never for the mouse. (I was scouted by Disneyland in the mid-'80s, but was not in the position to pursue that then.) As a professional Hammered Dulcimer Player, this is a position that will never appear in their job sites, but I'm very motivated to get a resume'/demo video on someone's desk. I know they hire specialty acts, and I know they have open casting at the FL musicians union several times a year, but I live in MO, (which has no union), where I am playing full time now so that route seems blocked for now. I have my (Donald) ducks in a row, but cracking the vault to there entertainment offices is the most daunting challenges I have ever faced in a long life of such endeavors. I remain persistent realizing the course I have set is unorthodox, yet I cannot but think of Disney himself struggling in my old stomping grounds of Kansas City, and his repeating mantra to follow your dreams...

Marky Mark

Your best bet would be to go to the auditions. If nothing else, you will be surrounded by the right people who can possibly help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom