Next Gen Busses

Villains0501

There’s some dude here who has a huge interest in ski lifts. I will never understand why he cares so much and spends so much time discussing it, but I certainly don’t criticize him for it. Everyone has different interests. In this case, some people care about minute details in themed entertainment. I’m certainly not losing sleep over the bus wraps but I find it worth my time to comment on it.

If you don’t, perhaps spend your time commenting on things you’re interested in.

Yeah, not sure why @FigmentFan82 has such an interest in being hostile to other posters. Not sure if Figment himself would approve. I think one of the hallmarks of being a passionate fan is caring about all facets of the finished product, no matter how trivial or seemingly mundane.

trainplane3

Luckily most modern phone OS's don't allow data transfer without permission from the user. I have no intention of using these plugs regardless. Most likely no support for QC 2/3/4 or USB PD, so I'd only get like 5 percent tops over a 15 minute bus ride.

It's nice for those that want it anyways.

Goofyernmost

The new wraps are ugly. Maybe I'm weird but I hate being blatantly reminded I'm at WDW. It was little pieces that made the whole experience, not just throwing the Fab 6 on everything and calling it a day.
OK, so keep the paranoia in check because you have the right to your opinion, but, in reference to the line I put in bold... why do you go to WDW if you don't want to be reminded that you are there? Just curious! I don't have a dog in this fight because I stay offsite and almost never ride one of the buses, but, it just seems Disney to me. Not good, not bad must finally being in theme with the resort. A little less utility looking and a little more "Man, I must be at Disney World" kind of feeling that has been lacking almost since it opened.

Last edited:

Astro Blaster

I wouldn't imagine it's imagined for the first thing in the morning guests, but for later in the night, or any mid-day park transit.

Bus rides can get long, and providing guests an opportunity to charge their devices at any point in the day is most certainly something people will be grateful for.
It’s a welcome addition to me for sure. I’m pretty much out of my hotel room for the entire day, my phone has died at WDW more times than anywhere else.

DisneyMann

The USB ports are going to cause issues. Someone who isn't sitting is going to reach down without asking to plug it in and touch someone's leg and it's going to get ugly. Think of how most people are miserable and tired at the end of the night, etc...

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or doom and gloom person but this has catastrophe written all over it.

Janir

Personally I don't like to plug my phone into random USB chargers.

I usually carry a battery pack if I know power is going to be an issue. I've been meaning to get a battery phone case.
Ditto. Sucks carrying a charger/battery pack but I prefer safe vs sorry. The Bus ones may be a bit safer than an airport unit being mobile and a lot more obvious is someone is playing around with them, but at the same time, most of those USB chargers still have cross connections between the ports and all it takes is one port with a hijacker in it.

TrainsOfDisney

This is for kids, not you

No, see that’s the point. The Disney world of the past was a really classy resort for all ages. The transportation systems all had their own identity. The monorails don’t need characters, the monorails are characters themselves! I wish the sky liner had its own classy design as well, it kinda of does actually. I like the logo, just not the characters on each gondola.

The question is also... when does this end? We could put character clings on each jungle cruise boat, each thunder mountain train, and each safari vehicle, etc.... I mean that’s kind of what did happen at Pixar Pier.

I don’t totally dislike this bus design, but I agree that it looks more cheap than the previous.

trainplane3

No, see that’s the point. The Disney world of the past was a really classy resort for all ages. The transportation systems all had their own identity. The monorails don’t need characters, the monorails are characters themselves! I wish the sky liner had its own classy design as well, it kinda of does actually. I like the logo, just not the characters on each gondola.

The question is also... when does this end? We could put character clings on each jungle cruise boat, each thunder mountain train, and each safari vehicle, etc.... I mean that’s kind of what did happen at Pixar Pier.

I don’t totally dislike this bus design, but I agree that it looks more cheap than the previous.
I don't mind it that much but it looks like a boring city bus with a character head slapped on the side (mainly because my local buses are either solid red, blue, or green). The previous (current?) ones say "Disney Transport" and had a nice "flyer" theme on them. It feels like it needs more but anything else added to them will probably clash with the character heads.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The USB ports are going to cause issues. Someone who isn't sitting is going to reach down without asking to plug it in and touch someone's leg and it's going to get ugly. Think of how most people are miserable and tired at the end of the night, etc...

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or doom and gloom person but this has catastrophe written all over it.

Have you not ridden on a plane? These kinds of locations have been in use for years. The lawsuits haven’t happened...

Goofyernmost

If it hasn't happened when they shut the internal lights off in the buses at night... I don't see this as a catastrophic problem, if one at all. We will have to call your position as that of a gloom and doom theorist. 🙂

Editor516

I’ve been lurking on this site for a few years and finally made an account last week to answer a question for someone. But while I’ve been here, I have read more negative comments about Disney World than I ever imagined people had. This thread, for example, baffles me.

People say they hated the old buses - the colors, the seats, the lack of features. Disney changes things up with new wraps and USB ports. They try to adapt and modernize - and some people here go crazy. USB ports will lead to lawsuits. Right. The new wraps will ruin your trip. Right.

People say the monorails need to be refreshed. Disney refreshes one and some people go crazy - what’s with the color? What’s with the deltas? What if there’s an emergency and people can’t read what color they’re on? Right.

People complain about the lack of transportation options and/or long lines for buses. Disney puts in the Skyliner. It hasn’t even opened yet. No one has ridden it yet. But some people here say Disney is either trying to cook people alive, have them plummet to their deaths, or feed them to the gators. Right.

Some people seem to complain about everything Disney does. They complain TDO doesn’t care to keep things updated, comfortable, convenient, etc., yet the moment even the smallest improvement is announced, they pick up the arrows and start firing away.

Want to complain about serious things? Focus on the price increases (which I think is one of the causes for attendance issues). Focus on changing Red’s scene in PotC, or the condition of Tomorrowland, or, God help me, the Yeti.

They changed the wraps on buses and added USB ports to some of them. I say it’s about time, and thank you to TDO.

Last edited:

SteveAZee

I’ve been lurking on this site for a few years and finally made an account last week to answer a question for someone. But while I’ve been here, I have read more negative comments about Disney World than I ever imagined people had. This thread, for example, baffles me.

People say they hated the old buses - the colors, the seats, the lack of features. Disney changes things up with new wraps and USB ports. They try to adapt and modernize - and some people here go crazy. USB ports will lead to lawsuits. Right. The new wraps will ruin your trip. Right.

People say the monorails need to be refreshed. Disney refreshes one and some people go crazy - what’s with the color? What’s with the deltas? What if there’s an emergency and people can’t read what color they’re on? Right.

People complain about the lack of transportation options and/or long lines for buses. Disney puts in the Skyliner. It hasn’t even opened yet. No one has ridden it yet. But some people here say Disney is either trying to cook people alive, have them plummet to their deaths, or feed them to the gators. Right.

Some people seem to complain about everything Disney does. They complain TDO doesn’t care to keep things updated, comfortable, convenient, etc., yet the moment even the smallest improvement is announced, they pick up the arrows and start firing away.

Want to complain about serious things? Focus on the price increases (which I think is one of the causes for attendance issues). Focus on changing Red’s scene in PotC, or the condition of Tomorrowland, or, God help me, the Yeti.

They changed the wraps on buses and added USB ports to some of them. I say it’s about time, and thank you to TDO.

From what I've experienced on the board, there are usually at least two camps to any change made at WDW, and they're generally well represented on this board. If your frustration comes from the sense that some individuals will argue regardless of 'same' or 'change', I think it's more that there are just a lot of people here and each voice their opinions, rather than everyone arguing every position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom