Solo trip recommendations

Dizneydeb0922

Original Poster
Hello All! I am in the beginning stages of planning my first solo trip. What resort would you recommend? I am planning to go during the Flower and Garden Festival. Thanks in advance for your advice.

awoogala

Resort- My fave is always the Contemporary, personally.
But, if you are planning on being in the park for the festival most of the time, the Boardwalk area hotels are your best bet to be close to EPCOT's back entrance. I like Boardwalk, but plenty of people love Beach and/or the Yacht club- super close, huge pool. (I didn't like the crowds when we stayed there)
The other good option is the Swan or Dolphin hotel.

Disneyfreak Jen

When I solo I usually choose a value....POP or Music. But, I have also stayed at POR and stayed at a studio at OKW (got that thru David’s). I was last there in December, and said that when I went again next (nothing planned anytime soon) I would strongly consider doing Bay Lake thru David’s.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
It really depends on your budget and how you use resort time/amenities.

I did a solo split stay with POP and POFQ earlier this year. Although I enjoyed both of them I think for my next solo trip I’ll just do POP the whole time.

For the small amount of time I spend at the resort I can’t justify the mods or deluxes for just me.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'll take my first WDW solo trip this August. I figured I didn't want to spend much for a room being just me this time around, so I booked Pop. The newly refurbished rooms are nice and modern.

Last edited:

macsmom

I'm getting ready to go on my 6th solo trip and I've always stayed at POP. It's a great place. I've never had any kind of problems with people or the busses...nothing. I kind of recommend it.

Iris

If you just want a place to sleep and shower, then one of the All Star Resorts will probably be the least expensive. If your budget permits, I can recommend Wilderness Lodge. It has great theming and atmosphere, particularly at night.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Personally I loved all my solo trips staying at the Swan (or Dolphin). Really close to Epcot for F&WF. I would also look into renting DVC since you only need one real bed at BC or BW, but those will be filling up quick since we're inside the 11 month mark.

JIMINYCR

You can go solo anywhere and have an enjoyable time. But I recommend if finances allow, you try looking into POFQ. Its a smaller quieter resort and typically not as bad as other resorts geared to groups of noisy kids. When I went solo I took advantage of being on my own and did a lot more of late evening things and didnt spend as much time at the resort.

wlodge_man

Welcome to the group Dizneydeb0922!

You did not mention if this was your first time staying on-site. There are several considerations when selecting your resort:
  • your budget - you can spend from low $100's to $1000's per night on a room.
  • location - you did mention that you're going for the Flower and Garden Festival @ Epcot. Which would lend itself to one of the Epcot resorts, unless you don't mind using the Disney transportation and/or if you're visiting some of the other parks then this may not be as big a deal.
  • what you like - theming is a big part of all the Disney resorts, especially the Deluxe Resorts like my favorite - the Wilderness Lodge. Take some time to do some on-line looking; besides this group and the Disney site, there are tons of reviews (Youtube) that you can get an idea of what each resort looks like, pricing and how you would navigate to each park from said resort.
If you're really not sure which resort to stay, do a split-stay at 2 resorts. Disney will move your luggage to the new resort for you while you're at the parks and then you get to experience both!

If money is no big deal stay at the beach club.

Flying fish, ample hills, cape may cafe, other resorts to see like yacht/boardwalk, swan & dolphin, proximity to EP and DHS....hard to beat!

I'm also going solo in the Fall and staying off property.

cdeev8690

I've got a quick solo weekender booked the weekend after Labor Day and I'm staying at Pop. I'm excited to use the Skyliner and stay in the newly refurbished rooms, but I don't plan on spending time there, besides to sleep and shower. I had one solo 'trip' before (if we can call it that, I left a day later than everyone else in my party) and spent the night at Coronado because it was the cheapest hotel available with my AP discount during Spring Break. It was a beautiful refurbished room but I literally only slept in it and didn't have time to enjoy the resort amenities.

If you have a short trip and want to make the most of it, spend your available time at the parks, and book a value like Pop or the All Stars. If you have more time and plan to enjoy the hotel for a day, go bigger like the Boardwalk, especially if you want to be in walking distance of Flower and Garden!

Simba’s Mom

When I've gone solo, I've done values-All Star sports, A S Music
Moderate-POR
Deluxe-AKL
DVC studios-Kidani, Jambo, BWV, SSR, BCV

My favorite, by far, is BCV. As Samantha Brown used to say (anyone remember her?) "You have your own little homestead". And it's walking distance to IG.

Nottamus

AKL for Deluxe. With all the animals ans dining options
Coronado for moderate..mainly because its the only moderate ive stayed in
POP Century for value - because its a value

bottom line is you cant go wrong no matter where you stay..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom