Per Jim Hill, the Star Wars restaurant is coming.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think it was foolish to assume Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge would be the most successful thing in theme park history. Sure, all the elements seem to be there but you couldn't possibly know that.

Now it's open to low attendance at DL and the same people are assuming it WILL be a resounding success and making excuses. So why keep assuming when your initial assertion was clearly off?
DL as a whole has low attendance. It's because they blocked APs and jacked up the prices by quite a bit. Also the land is half opened.

Too early to say if it's a success or failure.

Villains0501

Isn't Enchanted Tales with Belle basically a guided tour of her cottage and the castle?

(the wait time was too long so I haven't done it)

No, not really. The cottage, yes, which is very well done, but the palace itself? No, just a mini-version of the film’s library. The film’s central and most iconic castle set pieces (the grand ballroom and West Wing) are reserved for the restaurant, which is inaccessible without a reservation/intention to pay for food. This is a similar problem in SW:GE where three of the land’s central attractions (in a land already suffering from a low attraction count) are pay to play in a sense: Savi’s, Oga’s, and the Droid building experience. To be clear, I don’t have a problem with these types of experiences. I just wish there were a more equitable balance between these types of “enhanced” pay to play experiences and good, old-fashioned, free for all attractions. In this sense, I think TSL was a success, having no extra-cost attraction aside from the upcoming restaurant, which supports the land and won’t replace Slinky Dog as the land’s main weenie.

Jon81uk

No, not really. The cottage, yes, which is very well done, but the palace itself? No, just a mini-version of the film’s library. The film’s central and most iconic castle set pieces (the grand ballroom and West Wing) are reserved for the restaurant, which is inaccessible without a reservation/intention to pay for food. This is a similar problem in SW:GE where three of the land’s central attractions (in a land already suffering from a low attraction count) are pay to play in a sense: Savi’s, Oga’s, and the Droid building experience. To be clear, I don’t have a problem with these types of experiences. I just wish there were a more equitable balance between these types of “enhanced” pay to play experiences and good, old-fashioned, free for all attractions. In this sense, I think TSL was a success, having no extra-cost attraction aside from the upcoming restaurant, which supports the land and won’t replace Slinky Dog as the land’s main weenie.

and of course Universal made the Ollivanders wand shop an experience where only one person gets to partake in the experience but everyone can watch and then purchase in the shop afterwards if they want a wand. Whereas Savi's, everyone gets a lightsabre experience but everyone has to pay and you can't spectate. I think it would be nice if there was a middle-ground as Ollivanders is too random, you don't know if you will get to take part, but Savi's doesn't offer any chance to just spectate.

doctornick

and of course Universal made the Ollivanders wand shop an experience where only one person gets to partake in the experience but everyone can watch and then purchase in the shop afterwards if they want a wand. Whereas Savi's, everyone gets a lightsabre experience but everyone has to pay and you can't spectate. I think it would be nice if there was a middle-ground as Ollivanders is too random, you don't know if you will get to take part, but Savi's doesn't offer any chance to just spectate.

This. It would IMHO have made better sense if the lightsaber and droid building experiences could be observed without purchasing. That would enhance the "things to do for free" aspect of the land which still limiting the actual participating to folks who are paying.

If it isn't practical to have had it observed, then at least have an adjunct to the shops where there is a show revealing some elements of the experience for the non-paying folks (i.e. maybe a crash course in droid building or something). I mean, you can make up some story that would have it make sense in the context of the land and be able to entertain.

I don't think you can rely just on people using the app to have "entertainment" in the land.

lentesta

Premium Member
And another thing...Disney doesn’t bribe the bloggers. They are given free trips to report on a land they can say whatever they want to say. The feedback has been great on the land.

When the Unofficial Guide was dropped from media invites (for saying 2016 Hollywood Studios wasn't worth the money), I reached out to a number of regional and national publications, offering to either cover or be their "+1" to media events. All of them - every single one, without exception - said some version of "If we say yes, you have to promise not write anything negative." They were afraid of losing ad revenue, access, or both.

That's how media coverage of the parks works. Disney makes examples out of a few groups, everyone else gets the message.

WDW Pro

When the Unofficial Guide was dropped from media invites (for saying 2016 Hollywood Studios wasn't worth the money), I reached out to a number of regional and national publications, offering to either cover or be their "+1" to media events. All of them - every single one, without exception - said some version of "If we say yes, you have to promise not write anything negative." They were afraid of losing ad revenue, access, or both.

That's how media coverage of the parks works. Disney makes examples out of a few groups, everyone else gets the message.

Ding ding ding. There is some hope that this is getting better however, as there is push back in various entertainment industries from YouTube personalities that is bringing light to the situation in the general public.

Stripes

I can’t go into that amount of detail. Main seating area is 70x100 ft. Alcoves along the walls. Sizeable kitchen and BOH area. Once I’ve visited the land I’ll be able to see if the lobby and waiting areas were built if at all and to what degree.
7,000 sq ft of seating is sizable. A little bigger than the size of the main ballroom in Be Our Guest. Excluding the two side rooms.
This one:
be-our-guest-restaurant-00.jpg

Also, what is this building?

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member

But @lentesta, people say that you're a shill for WDW and TWDC... 😉

Surferboy567

Original Poster

Then I stand corrected...I’ll admit it, but man that’s disappointing to see. So much for journalistic integrity. I’m sure at least some blogs will say what they mean. Tim Tracker is a good example he sure does most of the time.

EDIT: Another thing Len, love the show!

Missing20K

Thanks for doing right by the fans and not succumbing to the DIS pressure!

TiggerDad

This. It would IMHO have made better sense if the lightsaber and droid building experiences could be observed without purchasing. That would enhance the "things to do for free" aspect of the land which still limiting the actual participating to folks who are paying.
You can watch the droid building if you enter the shop by the back door. Or if there is more than one observer in your family.

RSoxNo1

Speaking of a 45 minute queue, I thought SWL was dead and SR had very short waits. While bad show, isn't it a sign it's not as dead as it was?
Please. 45 minutes is nothing for a brand new supposed e-ticket in Disneyland. Nemo and Star Tours 2.0 took years to get to that level in the summer.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Please. 45 minutes is nothing for a brand new supposed e-ticket in Disneyland. Nemo and Star Tours 2.0 took years to get to that level in the summer.

That's pretty bad considering a 45min wait time is a typical visit to the Haunted Mansion. How does this new attraction compare to something a bit more apples to apples like Hagrid's over at Uni?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's pretty bad considering a 45min wait time is a typical visit to the Haunted Mansion. How does this new attraction compare to something a bit more apples to apples like Hagrid's over at Uni?

It compares to previous reports of it being nearly a walk-on most of the time.

A sign that people have stopped being afraid to show up, maybe.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It compares to previous reports of it being nearly a walk-on most of the time.

A sign that people have stopped being afraid to show up, maybe.

You need to factor in the WDW to DL wait time conversion ratio and correlate the non fast pass attraction line quotient to get your final answer. Please remember to show your work for partial credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom